Post your questions about the game here!

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Regarding animation , can you tell us Ross whether majority of them will be canned or not?

There are no "canned animations" when the ball is in play.

There are canned animation for celebrations, disappontments, and the like where the ball is not in play.

We use a variety of methods to make sure that the player remains in control and it is a mark of our games that players feel that they can attempt do anything at any time (there is no restriction due to an animation loop).

----------

Ross can you give an answer to this question -

Are there any licensed teams in this game? if YES then which teams r licensed ? if you cant say specifically which teams you can give the number of teams licensed...

There are licenses, that's all I can say for now.

----------

So for example if I wanted to download 'Mumbai Indians' I would have to play an opponent who has created them? Are there any other ways that we can download each others teams.

You don't need to play someone who has created the team, just some one who has it - we expect teams to go "viral".

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Ross anything u can say regarding bat pad catches off the spinner...... or any form of bad pad deflections!

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

There are canned animation for celebrations, disappontments, and the like where the ball is not in play.

We use a variety of methods to make sure that the player remains in control and it is a mark of our games that players feel that they can attempt do anything at any time (there is no restriction due to an animation loop).

That confirms we are not going to have celebrations like in Fifa series where we control them...But are we going to have more than just a couple of them like in previous games(which was terribly disappointing) and have you done anything to make the century celebration a bit more enthusiastic? :)
Finally, is there a chance of additional celebrations being added post-release?...Like you know, summer give away, holiday free content or something like that? :)

Last edited:

kingoffuel

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa
Hi Ross,

Will the type of pitch influence the deliveries? (Hard = Bounce, etc.) And will bowlers be able to use cracks and rough patches to assist with movement?

Thanks again Ross

Allrounder18

Banned

----------

There are licenses, that's all I can say for now.

----------

You don't need to play someone who has created the team, just some one who has it - we expect teams to go "viral".

That would be cool cuz the major disappointment with IC10,Ashes09, C07 and Cricket Revolution was that player never feels that you are in control because of the canned animation even Blic 05/07 and C97 gave user more control of the game.

Assuming career mode is finite , And we are playing Aus domestic competition after the end of 10 years span can we used those teams at the end of 10th year to start a new career mode and repeat the cycle again an again?

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
How many different ways can one person ask for length of career mode :p

srk121

International Coach
lol it shows how people are crazy about career mode in a cricket game. :p

Sadly this is due to the lack finance and resources that up until today no cricket game had a creer mode. I am hoping that this career mode is unlicenced therefore we could mess about with the teams and players, I personally think that will be amazing.

duberryboy1

Club Captain
All these crazy ideas about silly celebrations and crowd colour what is vital is the ability to save custom field settings.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Hi ross after last week this week has been quite and well
maybe that's a good thing as we were running out of things to
say.

My question is not a new one, someone else said how about
the 12th man does the commeraters in your game.

At first i laughed and thought that's a funny idea and would make us all laugh.
After more thinking it's not a bad idea and cheaper than getting say 2 to 4
commeraters for this game.

Maybe a secret mode were he makes fun of us would be fun also hahahah:lol

p.s How about a new screenshot to fire up the site again ;)

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Hi ross after last week this week has been quite and well
maybe that's a good thing as we were running out of things to
say.

My question is not a new one, someone else said how about
the 12th man does the commeraters in your game.

At first i laughed and thought that's a funny idea and would make us all laugh.
After more thinking it's not a bad idea and cheaper than getting say 2 to 4
commeraters for this game.

Maybe a secret mode were he makes fun of us would be fun also hahahah:lol

p.s How about a new screenshot to fire up the site again ;)

Yeah, I think I posted somewhere that the weekends I can answer more, I have to do "real" work during the week making games :)

Is the 12th man looked on kindly everywhere? I owuld have thought only the Aussies were cool with it?

----------

They'll be a set of screenshots and video of our smaller arcade game "TableTop Cricket" this week - it's like the old game with ball bearings and plastic players set on felt - btw it supports PS Move :)

----------

Hi Ross,

Will the type of pitch influence the deliveries? (Hard = Bounce, etc.) And will bowlers be able to use cracks and rough patches to assist with movement?

Thanks again Ross

These are expected by everyone including ourselves and will be in the game along with ball wear (but not tampering! :p)

----------

How many different ways can one person ask for length of career mode :p

Honestly the length of the career mode has more to do with testing (QA) than anything else.

To have say 100 years of career mode means all permutations and combinations of gameplay must be tested for that time - this becomes a big matrix of tests - and when a significant bug is found or code is changed you have to start again.

----------

Ross anything u can say regarding bat pad catches off the spinner...... or any form of bad pad deflections!

Our physics system sets a flag for the bat/pad collision and the ability for a catch is turned off if the ball later collides with the ground so I expect that it will work as the rules of Cricket dictate. It takes into account bat first/pad first LBW/Catching issues.

Last edited:

srk121

International Coach
So does that mean ball will behave randomly from the pitch and wil get bat and pad catches???

timchrist984

Club Captain
Is the 12th man looked on kindly everywhere? I owuld have thought only the Aussies were cool with it?

12th man is absolute gold!

"So here come the pakistani line up, led by Asif Hed-Givasheed, Idsay Hed-Gviasheed, Medim Inagaybar, Jee-Waddah Wacka, Ahkeep Myteefina Jahbesidabed, Was-he A-crim and Javed Gemiteformeandad"

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
12th man is absolute gold!

"So here come the pakistani line up, led by Asif Hed-Givasheed, Idsay Hed-Gviasheed, Medim Inagaybar, Jee-Waddah Wacka, Ahkeep Myteefina Jahbesidabed, Was-he A-crim and Javed Gemiteformeandad"

Yep... exactly...

----------

So does that mean ball will behave randomly from the pitch and wil get bat and pad catches???

It may appear random but it wouldn't be (it is calculated), occasionally unpredictable might be better words to use than ramdom.

Yes, you will will get bat and pad catches

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
The 12th is liked in aus and england also i think.
In places like india maybe your right but i don't mean
he would tease them i mean real talk like on tv with a
funny edge to it.

No beanut jars hahahahahah:lol

So bat pad catches in the game thats great:D
In past games on off the bat was the only way it would
happen and very rare also.

In places like india it's a must because it happens every game.

So will the red ball get dirty and old like the real thing.

How about umpire skills, like out of 10 or 100 so if he is not the best
he does more mistakes and you have to use DRS or get riped off.
Also a turn off mode if the answer is yes.:spy

About the career mode, if 10 years then great or longer that's also cool :D
I understand you don't want to find huge bugs in the design of the game.
So i will trust you guys know what your doing and will pick the best time
zone for the game.

Last can you say what you guys worked on this week at work or
was it just playing the game all day:D
Looking forward to seeing what the table top game looks like.
will it be a budget game like $50 ?

Users who are viewing this thread