Post your questions about the game here!

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Ross, this is completely out of the context maybe but, will there be any provision for someone who loses the disk or breaks it accidentally or something like that who obviously gets the game legally? I bought AC09 and now the disk has scratches and is about to die, I feel and I don't think there is any legal no disk patch out there...

Unfortuntaley there is no method that currently gives the ability for an Xbox/Ps3 license to be transferred to a hard disk.

timchrist984

Club Captain
Ross, this is completely out of the context maybe but, will there be any provision for someone who loses the disk or breaks it accidentally or something like that who obviously gets the game legally? I bought AC09 and now the disk has scratches and is about to die, I feel and I don't think there is any legal no disk patch out there...

Simple solution, look after the disc better. If there was a non disc version, pircay would go through the roof. Ross, you mentioned that we could share rosters simply by copying the squad of someone we play online. Does this mean that customised rosters can be used online? And is there a way that custom and non custom squad games can be separated, to stop people playing as bangladesh play against OP custom teams? I can easily see the custom team issue from AFL Live recurring. Also, is there a search filter for custom/non custom teams on Rugby League Live 2?

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Really, the big name music thing isn't important. I'd way prefer to hear some local stuff, but please more than 2 songs (AFL Live)!

We've increased the play list substantially since then, see RLL2 BAND/MUSIC INFORMATION, the issue with music in a Cricket game is that it is so global that our ?local? is not everyone else?s.

----------

Does this mean that customised rosters can be used online? And is there a way that custom and non custom squad games can be separated, to stop people playing as bangladesh play against OP custom teams? I can easily see the custom team issue from AFL Live recurring. Also, is there a search filter for custom/non custom teams on Rugby League Live 2?

We separate the custom and non-custom teams and have online modes that are "free for all" that are a combined grouping.

One interesting thing you can do with Career mode in RLL2 and will also be able to do with Cricket is that when you finish your Career mode, the team you end up with is saved as a custom team and you can bring it into the other online modes - so you can have a "Custom team cup" where everyone can battle to decide who has created the best Career mode team.

kingoffuel

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa
Hi Ross

Just a quick question. Will the type of bat influence gameplay in any way? (thicker edges fly faster, etc.) No other console cricket game has implemented this as yet.

Thanks

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Hi Ross

Just a quick question. Will the type of bat influence gameplay in any way? (thicker edges fly faster, etc.) No other console cricket game has implemented this as yet.

Thanks

Yes.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Hi ross

Can you talk more about the bats then.
Because that's so cool, is it simple like light, medium and heavy
or the weight of the bat like real life.
Either would be fine with me.
God this games sounds so good on paper, the best ever
but as others have said it's the gameplay that is number one.

If you get that right well god i will have to quit my job hahahahahah:lol

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Sorry to probe you on this, but we've had enough bad experiences with supposedly committed cricket game developers. Will you be supporting the game after its release? You are not likely to be active on these forums until it comes out and then we will never hear from you again are you?

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Sorry to probe you on this, but we've had enough bad experiences with supposedly committed cricket game developers. Will you be supporting the game after its release? You are not likely to be active on these forums until it comes out and then we will never hear from you again are you?

We've made 3 Sprint Cars games, 2 other racing car games, and 2 Rugby League games. It would be fair to say that we go in for logevity and franchises and that we are certainly in it for the long haul.

Cricket is too personal for me to not be committed, I have family playing for state & country and I would never live it down if the game was not good.

Even all of that aside, you cannot make any money from one game alone - the first one is a loss, the second gives you profit - you would be mad to annoy and disappoint the market as you would make a loss.

I have thousnands of posts on other forums and many a conversation post release of our games - I am very accessible - like it or not you're stuck with me now! :p

coolz_hari

International Coach
We've made 3 Sprint Cars games, 2 other racing car games, and 2 Rugby League games. It would be fair to say that we go in for logevity and franchises and that we are certainly in it for the long haul.

Cricket is too personal for me to not be committed, I have family playing for state & country and I would never live it down if the game was not good.

Even all of that aside, you cannot make any money from one game alone - the first one is a loss, the second gives you profit - you would be mad to annoy and disappoint the market as you would make a loss.

I have thousnands of posts on other forums and many a conversation post release of our games - I am very accessible - like it or not you're stuck with me now! :p

Thank you ..very promising .
Did you and your game experts play the other cricket games from year C07 to C10 ? Did you make list of negative and positive points of those games ?
Because you guys are new to cricket. You are not making from scratch.

C07...Graphics were ok...game play was ok.But ,patches made it super game.

Cricket revolution...Graphics and animations were below par. and game play was ok but too complicated.

Ashes 09...Best graphics and animations .But , game play is very easy. Balancing both graphics and game play is the key to success.
Of course official updates and unofficial patches would be definitely help.

kingoffuel

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa
Seems like you're designing the cricket game I've dreamt of since Brian Lara 99!

AsadAbrar

International Coach
Profile Flag
Pakistan
We've increased the play list substantially since then, see RLL2 BAND/MUSIC INFORMATION, the issue with music in a Cricket game is that it is so global that our ?local? is not everyone else?s.

----------

We separate the custom and non-custom teams and have online modes that are "free for all" that are a combined grouping.

One interesting thing you can do with Career mode in RLL2 and will also be able to do with Cricket is that when you finish your Career mode, the team you end up with is saved as a custom team and you can bring it into the other online modes - so you can have a "Custom team cup" where everyone can battle to decide who has created the best Career mode team.

If the music's good; it won't really matter if it's local or international. :thumbs

las_faiz

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Ross, its a bit offtopic. But are there any plans to bring cricket on PS Vita

My Vita has been lying around unused as there's not much to choose from. It would be great to have decent cricket on portable system on the go

Users who are viewing this thread