Post your questions about the game here!

If I were a betting man, I would bet on the game being released within a couple of months after the release of "Cricket Academy". Those couple of months would keep folks busy creating their favorite stars/teams and generate hype. If publishers wait too long, folks will move away from "Cricket Academy" by that time. Best way would be to let people invest enough time in the player editor so they would want to buy the game.

If I were a betting man, I would bet on the game being released within a couple of months after the release of "Cricket Academy". Those couple of months would keep folks busy creating their favorite stars/teams and generate hype. If publishers wait too long, folks will move away from "Cricket Academy" by that time. Best way would be to let people invest enough time in the player editor so they would want to buy the game.

I hope no more than 2 months or the hype will go away.

I think it will be shorter than two months. You cant let people muck about with an editor for ages and then release the game. The editor gives you something to do and get hooked on and lets you think to yourself: cool I have made all these teams now I really want to buy the game to put them in. The average attention span of your average gamer is about the same as a kid with ADHD after 4 bags of M and M's therefore I would think three weeks maybe four after the editor is released. It would be suicide to think; we will keep these people hooked until the game comes out in two or three months...........

Last edited by a moderator:

Personally I think it would be a good move to release this game before the ashes cricket 13 game. Lets face it, the market for a cricket game is not as huge as, say, a football game, and I am not sure that a lot of people (apart from us few) will buy two cricket games within a short span of time. Going first in such a situation might be a better move imho.

Personally I think it would be a good move to release this game before the ashes cricket 13 game. Lets face it, the market for a cricket game is not as huge as, say, a football game, and I am not sure that a lot of people (apart from us few) will buy two cricket games within a short span of time. Going first in such a situation might be a better move imho.

Logically it will be an ideal situation for BigAntStudios. Wether that will happen or not is another question. Hoping approvals from microsoft is done by mid april for us to get going on creating players and teams.

Ross, is this platform approval just for 'Cricket Academy Beta' or for the entire game? If latter is the case, then we might well get the game pretty soon (hopefully).

I really hope not. Would have to compete with battlefield 4 and assassins creed black flag! And a possible modern warfare 4 too. :eek:
As much as I love cricket games, that a tough battle to win.

True, also you can see the different ways producers market there games.
Battlefield 4 has already shown 17 min gameplay plus a trailer.
Where ashes 2013 and cricket live 2013(maybe:p) have shown almost
nothing. Now for the big question people, is this better or worse.
On one side of the coin, you have a game that shows maybe way to much
early but on the other side you have cricket games locked up like fortknox.
Which is better or somewhere in the middle like say GTA5.:spy

True, also you can see the different ways producers market there games.
Battlefield 4 has already shown 17 min gameplay plus a trailer.
Where ashes 2013 and cricket live 2013(maybe:p) have shown almost
nothing. Now for the big question people, is this better or worse.
On one side of the coin, you have a game that shows maybe way to much
early but on the other side you have cricket games locked up like fortknox.
Which is better or somewhere in the middle like say GTA5.:spy

Comparing a cricket game to say battlefield or gta franchise is not really a good shout is it

Don't think you will be seeing people outside shops at midnight waiting to get there hands on a copy of a cricket game

Sales will be minimal as always

Most of my friends ( gamers) in india have no clue about the two new cricket games due to release this year!! The publishers need to be smart in marketing the game and develop good marketing strategies over the coming months. :)

Most of my friends ( gamers) in india have no clue about the two new cricket games due to release this year!! The publishers need to be smart in marketing the game and develop good marketing strategies over the coming months. :)

Same in aus, when i tell people at work all they say is cool but i bet
they will suck or be ok at best.:D

Sadly that one liberty that cricket developers does not have. No matter how heavily they want to market, due to the constraint budget and lack of resources, cricket games would never able to market itself like football or any other major sport titles.

Comparing a cricket game to say battlefield or gta franchise is not really a good shout is it

Don't think you will be seeing people outside shops at midnight waiting to get there hands on a copy of a cricket game

I was not talking about sales, i was saying how different each producers
plans are, to cricket,soccer and the blockbusters like GTA.
Even how different codemasters and now 505 games are.

Buying a cricket game at midnight, no well maybe a IPL game in india
but that's not real cricket is it.:D

----------

Sadly that one liberty that cricket developers does not have. No matter how heavily they want to market, due to the constraint budget and lack of resources, cricket games would never able to market itself like football or any other major sport titles.

It's a up hill battle, i guess fans like us can help but how much.
I'm wondering how much would skysports or channel 9 charge for
avertisement. In the end i think these cricket games need to be good.
Then word of mouth will help sell copies plus averts all over the place.:clap

Just look at shane 99, when i see videos of a old cricket game still playing
so well with so much options, why did we fall so far. lets hope we are not talking about shane 99 in 5 years time but talking about 2013 being the year when cricket games moved past the year 1999.:D

This is the point,So by showing something in a month or so At Least,they can make people to get excited about it just a bit IMO:D

Users who are viewing this thread