Post your questions about the game here!

Nope I just want to bowl as both teams against the AI batsmen for a bit, I am trying to get my head around the AI issues with this game.

Quick Question Guys .

Ive been playing now since Friday the 4th , and have never seen the so called Hotspot when I review something. Only the Hawkeye Ball tracking , have I somehow disabled something , or how do you turn the Hotspot feature on ?

Hi guys

Sorry i do not know if it has been answered before, but can you play 2 players in one team?

People on youtube have posted many videos of batting in the nets on the hardest difficulty and no indicators turned on. I haven't seen anything like this for actual matches though, where the game is undoubtedly a lot harder because you have to worry about scoring, fielders, bowling strategies (the nets bowling "AI" is just randomised).

----------

I have a question: Is it possible to change you batsman, in career mode or other modes, between using a hat or a helmet in a match? It'd be pretty sweet to take the lid off when facing spinners.

I don't know if it's different in career mode in terms of injuries, but i am not sure if wearing a helmet or not makes any difference. i hit a guy 4 times in one over from Vince Van der Bijl yesterday, twice on the head, he wasn't wearing a helmet and there was no injury.

We still get complaints to this day that afl live is too hard... It's hard to balance for everyone but I believe you will find this a challenge.

You Were Right.

Still struggling on veteran. was playing on legendary within 2-3 days on AFL Live.

You Were Right.

Still struggling on veteran. was playing on legendary within 2-3 days on AFL Live.

After the first patch we will see how things settle in then make some decisions about difficulty.

There is still 2 player co-op and online tournaments to come as well later.

After the first patch we will see how things settle in then make some decisions about difficulty.

Great news - you have been true to your word with supporting the game, which basically is unheard of in cricket gaming circles :thumbs

I feel Ross the batting is fine just need to fix the fields, the bowling needs some work but after the first patch the runout bug problem should have been fixed so that will help as the AI average 3 runouts a inns in a test match for me.

Settle down 79C most people like the bowling.

Settle down 79C most people like the bowling.

Me never.:lol

What i mean Ross is the bowling is fine in tournaments and casual modes as i have not played career and will not till the patch is out. PS Rain in Casual games Ross ?

----------

Ross i love i love the batting and bowling about the same just those runouts.
PS Also how fast was the patch finished Ross as it's been just a week and MattW is going to see it in a couple of days, did your team have a idea on some things.:spy

We don't get run-outs because of the way we play but there is no denying there is an issue as we got reports in soon after people in the wild were playing. We have worked around the clock to get it done.

IMO difficulty level is fine. The reason most folks are struggling with the bat is coz...

1. Most people started playing shorter formats (T10, T20 etc.) where the pressure is to score runs off every ball and you obviously will struggle when you have picked up a new game with a new control mechanism.

2. Folks have started with Career Mode straight away, again without much familiarity with the new control mechanism. It's a given you will struggle with rookie batsman with lower attributes. Maybe one solution for this is that users be allowed to play career mode on Amateur difficulty.

I would recommend folks to play 4 day or Tests with better teams (batsmen) so they can get used to batting in the game. Once you are comfortable batting with better batsmen, start with the career mode or shorter formats.

However, you may want to look at AI batting against user/human bowling, as taking wkts against them is on the easier side. On PRO mode I'm already leaning towards simulation to get a challenging game against AI.

----------

@SnowyCasanova : Yes I am signed in to the PSN.
@cricket_online : My console is connected to the net - was able to download individual teams from CA.
@MattW: Maybe this is the case for me as well. Will try again when I get a chance to play.

Could it be a xbox thing? I'm on PS3 and checked "Replace Teams" option yesterday night on PS3 and it was enabled.

IMO difficulty level is fine. The reason most folks are struggling with the bat is coz...

1. Most people started playing shorter formats (T10, T20 etc.) where the pressure is to score runs off every ball and you obviously will struggle when you have picked up a new game with a new control mechanism.

Im playing on Pro mode, mostly T10's.

Me and my brother (sometimes friends and cousins that come over too) have been playing Ashes Cricket 2013 Daily at nights during a Shisha/Hookah session and this game is going to be replacing that one. In ashes we usually play T5's so that we can have lots of matches and more people get a chance to play.

However, yes your right as we've been playing that now for a few years we have got used to it and can hit a 6 more often then when we started playing.

I hope this game has shorter format matches like T5's in mind, so that we can have as much fun with this as we have had with Ashes 2013. At the moment every 6 i try to hit (in power play or not goes straight to a fielder on the boundary). Which is fine for longer formats of the game, but for shorter formats you have players like Chris Gayle, Shahid Afridi etc.. who can hit a 6 from ball one. I hope this game allows that.

Im playing on Pro mode, mostly T10's.

Me and my brother (sometimes friends and cousins that come over too) have been playing Ashes Cricket 2013 Daily at nights during a Shisha/Hookah session and this game is going to be replacing that one. In ashes we usually play T5's so that we can have lots of matches and more people get a chance to play.

However, yes your right as we've been playing that now for a few years we have got used to it and can hit a 6 more often then when we started playing.

I hope this game has shorter format matches like T5's in mind, so that we can have as much fun with this as we have had with Ashes 2013. At the moment every 6 i try to hit (in power play or not goes straight to a fielder on the boundary). Which is fine for longer formats of the game, but for shorter formats you have players like Chris Gayle, Shahid Afridi etc.. who can hit a 6 from ball one. I hope this game allows that.

You will be able to do so once you get a better handle on the batting controls. There's obviously a learning curve you need to go through. But if you want to hit 6s right from the get go I would recommend you play 5 over games on Amateur or Rookie difficulty levels and ramp it up over time.

Users who are viewing this thread