Post your questions about the game here!

Just in the competition designer and would love it if anyone can tell me how the batting and bowling bonus points work and why there are upto 5 allocations for each available?

Well I guess I'm not too dumb, because it seems like no-one else knows what these do either. I asked here about a week ago too and left it.

There's a batting minimum and maximum for upto 5 slots and a bowling wickets minimum and maximum for upto 5 slots also. Bonus points could be fun in a competition, but I'm not sure how it'd work in a game or the competition.

Let's say you set a batting bonus point target of 100 runs on a 15 over game. You bat first and get the total and presumably get the bonus point. Then the chasing team may get it also. Going well so far.

What happens though if in the second game the first batting side doesn't get the required runs, (say 89 runs maybe). That means that the second team can't get a bonus point even if they certainly would have (get the 89 runs in 12 overs with 4 wickets down) and it becomes an unfair or unequitable competition.

I could just have no understanding of this, but it seems no-one else does either.

Last edited:
Really silly question here, but has anyone seen byes / leg byes while playing in career mode?

Just crossed my mind yesterday that I've never conceded one.

I think that with the new ball, on a hard pitch, with a fast bowler, you might be able to bowl a bouncer that goes over the keeper's head but I'm not 100% sure.

Leg byes, no, the AI doesn't normally take quick singles.

Really silly question here, but has anyone seen byes / leg byes while playing in career mode?
Yep had several leg byes - I've even had them while I was busy appealing for LBW. No byes though, but I'll put that down to my good bowling.

Yep had several leg byes - I've even had them while I was busy appealing for LBW. No byes though, but I'll put that down to my good bowling.

I dont think you will ever see a bye!! A wide....yes....but a bye seems improbable since the keeper collects everything unless its really really wide!

I dont think you will ever see a bye!! A wide....yes....but a bye seems improbable since the keeper collects everything unless its really really wide!

You can get byes by missing the stumps with a keeper's throw, although that barely counts. I'm on pre patch mentality so I've given away at least a century of overthrows.

Well I guess I'm not too dumb, because it seems like no-one else knows what these do either. I asked here about a week ago too and left it.

There's a batting minimum and maximum for upto 5 slots and a bowling wickets minimum and maximum for upto 5 slots also. Bonus points could be fun in a competition, but I'm not sure how it'd work in a game or the competition.

Let's say you set a batting bonus point target of 100 runs on a 15 over game. You bat first and get the total and presumably get the bonus point. Then the chasing team may get it also. Going well so far.

What happens though if in the second game the first batting side doesn't get the required runs, (say 89 runs maybe). That means that the second team can't get a bonus point even if they certainly would have (get the 89 runs in 12 overs with 4 wickets down) and it becomes an unfair or unequitable competition.

I could just have no understanding of this, but it seems no-one else does either.

Bonus points really aren't designed for limited overs games. The only use of them I know of in real life is in the County Championship. They're there to encourage and reward entertaining play even when a draw is the most likely result in a, for example rain affected, first class match. They only apply to the first 110 overs of each team's first innings. For details have a look at the County Championship article on Wikipedia.

Keeper has missed balls down the leg side in test but the AI doesn't run quick singles, so no byes till now..but maybe after Patch#2...:)

why there are more than two fielders outside 30 yards circle in power play overs?

Ive only EVER seen bonus points in one day matches. We've had them in domestic one day comps as well as internationals in Aus.

Interesting. I've just looked it up and it looks like the bonus points in Aus one day matches are generally based on comparative run-rate so that solves the problem posed by C A Iversen about specific run target bonus points in limited overs.

Playing the game on PS3, I am not able to update my teams through DBC Academy, as its giving error " DBC ACADEMY IS NOT AVAILABLE RIGHT NOW. PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER.

I have tried to connect and update it several times, but without any success.
I am able to play online matches and also downloaded the patch released recently.

Please guide me for the same.

Thanks !!!

Playing the game on PS3, I am not able to update my teams through DBC Academy, as its giving error " DBC ACADEMY IS NOT AVAILABLE RIGHT NOW. PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER.

I have tried to connect and update it several times, but without any success.
I am able to play online matches and also downloaded the patch released recently.

Please guide me for the same.

Thanks !!!

Reach out to Ross (BigAntStudios) and HBK (HBK619). PM them and they should be able to help.

Getting sick and tired of my batsman getting run-out at the non-strikers end in the career mode. Keep getting run-out regardless of me telling him to return to his crease, instead he'll just stand there casually a yard outside his crease.
Costing me valuable runs especially once I've settled in and start eyeing down big totals

Users who are viewing this thread