Post your questions about the game here!

PM @HBK619. He should be able to help you out.

By the way there are other folks who are facing a similar issue. Here's an example...
http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...ies-after-patch-1-a-89276-23.html#post2758063

Looks like corrupted save file(s) and unable to continue career is a known issue and has impacted a few people.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions :) I am contacting him...however, my problem does not seem like one where the saved file has been corrupted...totally stumped as to what has happened...

Anyways, thank you very much for your prompt response :)

Hi all, I have a few questions I'm hoping someone can answer.

I've just had to restart my career. I deleted all saves and profile data, restored the game to factory settings and started fresh:

1. My XP and level in the top right are still shown despite deleting my PS3 profile. Is this stored on the PSN or did I miss something?
  2. When I look at the leaderboard I see I have 127,043 points. This raises two questions:
    • If I made 127,584 in my first career and currently I'm on 8,732 in my current (and now only career), where does this figure come from?
    • Are player points accumulated across multiple careers? Shouldn't it be based on the amount you can earn in a single career? Currently it seems that the people on the top are going to be the people who have played the most, not who have played the best.

Edit: Just played one more match and now have over 11,000 for my current career. The game uploaded to the leaderboard, and when I viewed it I still had 127,043! What's going on?!

Hope that makes sense and I appreciate any feedback.

my problem does not seem like one where the saved file has been corrupted

Neither did mine. I could still see my save file in-game, along with the date it was created/modified and my player model.

But alas, it was corrupted and I had to start over.

Last edited:
Hi all, I have a few questions I'm hoping someone can answer.

I've just had to restart my career. I deleted all saves and profile data, restored the game to factory settings and started fresh:

1. My XP and level in the top right are still shown despite deleting my PS3 profile. Is this stored on the PSN or did I miss something?
  2. When I look at the leaderboard I see I have 127,043 points. This raises two questions:
    • If I made 127,584 in my first career and currently I'm on 8,732 in my current (and now only career), where does this figure come from?
    • Are player points accumulated across multiple careers? Shouldn't it be based on the amount you can earn in a single career? Currently it seems that the people on the top are going to be the people who have played the most, not who have played the best.

Edit: Just played one more match and now have over 11,000 for my current career. The game uploaded to the leaderboard, and when I viewed it I still had 127,043! What's going on?!

Hope that makes sense and I appreciate any feedback.

The way I understand XP is that XP is saved on your local ps3 in a profile or save file and is synced with Big Ant server or psn to reflect the XP points on the leaderboards. If you are online, you will see a message to the effect "posting XP/points to leaderboard". So the servers/psn has your psn id and the highest XP score stored online.

Now your profile/save files got corrupted and you had to start again, but online servers/leaderboard still had your earlier XP points saved. When you play the game now, you obviously have a lower XP score so the online servers/leaderboards will look at the current score and ignore it as they have a higher score on the leaderboard. It's akin to logging "Highest Score" in a game, i.e. only the highest score is logged, not your current score. I suspect once your XP total goes higher than the score on leaderboard (127,043), the old score will be over-written by your new XP total.

Wicked, thanks mate. That makes sense.

I'm still not sure about the subtle difference between my in-game ranking points and my total on the leaderboard. There was always a ~500 to ~5,000 point deficit on my online ranking points in my last career.

But you've explained that well, thanks. Onward and upwards!

By the way; XP and Ranking Points are different. My RPs reset to zero as expected, but my XP remained and I've now gone up from level 10 to level 11. I would have expected this to reset after I deleted my saves and profile, and reset the game to original settings. I guess this is linked to my PSN ID?

Last edited:
Wicked, thanks mate. That makes sense.

I'm still not sure about the subtle difference between my in-game ranking points and my total on the leaderboard. There was always a ~500 to ~5,000 point deficit on my online ranking points in my last career.

But you've explained that well, thanks. Onward and upwards!

By the way; XP and Ranking Points are different. My RPs reset to zero as expected, but my XP remained and I've now gone up from level 10 to level 11. I would have expected this to reset after I deleted my saves and profile, and reset the game to original settings. I guess this is linked to my PSN ID?

It's coz there's always a lag between your save files and the time it takes to post it on leaderboard. Most of the times your in-game points will alwys be higher than what's shown on online leaderboard.

How do you make the bowler/keeper stump/run out someone? My guy takes AGES to get the bails off. @BigAntStudios

Last edited:
How do you make the bowler/keeper stump/run out someone? My guy takes AGES to get the bails off. @BigAntStudios

Square for keeper and triangle for bowler. If it's not a direct hit and the keeper/bowler collects the ball then you need to press square/triangle again for them to take off the bails

Error: Cricket Academy Not available

Error: Cricket Academy Not available, Anyone else getting this when trying to download the teams

The PS3 version and Xbox version are in the form of a physical disc and i just noticed in flipkart that a free poster comes along with the game.
PC version is MOSTLY going to be a steam version, so we PC users will be deprived of getting the poster or any other goodies? :( #RossDoSomethingForThePCUsersToo

How can the batting AI improve (run scoring wise)???

Have played on Rookie, Amateur and Pro levels with the highest totals scored by the AI at 19 in a test, odi or t20...

Why does the AI always go for those big shots and gets out???

Do the next levels up improve for the AI batting???

Very disappointing as it is so easy to get the AI out as they have NO patience...:cheers

How can the batting AI improve (run scoring wise)???

Have played on Rookie, Amateur and Pro levels with the highest totals scored by the AI at 19 in a test, odi or t20...

Why does the AI always go for those big shots and gets out???

Do the next levels up improve for the AI batting???

Very disappointing as it is so easy to get the AI out as they have NO patience...:cheers

19 is the highest AI has scored against you? :eek:

I can confirm AI batting is way too fragile in the game at all levels and they throw the bat around way too much. they act more like sloggers than proper batsmen and that's true across all levels. AI will score more on Legend but that's more coz you struggle to bowl well without indicators but the difference in AI batting standard isn't that much.

However, if I recall correctly Ross said in one of his posts that AI will bat better post patch 2. So hopefully patch #2 will get it done :yes

I've had AI vs AI in a few matches, not simulated. I maxed batting and bowling skills, had a even distribution of type of bowlers, batters were all the type of mentality that plays ground shots to gaps, all fielding skills were as low as possible. In 50 over matches both teams were getting about 330 odd. Still, most of the dismissals were catches, but I wasn't actually watching as the games were being played, so can't say if they were in the field, or in the slips (but they didn't seem to be majority of one particular player which would have pointed to all being keeper catches). What it did show was that even with great bowling, a great batter will not get out by LBW or bowled that easily. There were at most 2 bowled/LBW decisions and a couple of run outs as well.

I'm going to run similiar simulations with the on disk and get best teams to mirror what games I face in my career and see what differences they make as well.

PC version is MOSTLY going to be a steam version, so we PC users will be deprived of getting the poster or any other goodies? #RossDoSomethingForThePCUsersToo
There is going to be a physical PC version as well and you will get more 'goodies' with it than the console version.

The hats/t-shirts/posters were for a limited number of Indian retailers - most people getting the console version either just got the Steelbook or nothing.

I'm fairly certain it will be a Steamworks game, so you'll need to download Steam and activate the key in there, but the game can copy from the disc initially with downloads only for patches.

Okay, so can anyone tell me how to make my batsman walk? I've tried up on the d-pad after nicking the ball, but it hasn't worked? Some combination of holding it, tapping it or something required?

Okay, so can anyone tell me how to make my batsman walk? I've tried up on the d-pad after nicking the ball, but it hasn't worked? Some combination of holding it, tapping it or something required?

Just the up arrow after the umpire gives it not out...:)

Users who are viewing this thread