Post your questions about the game here!

How do you see the maidens a bowler has bowled? None of the scorecards have it?

Also, how do you flick a ball to midwicket on front foot? It usually goes to mid on or square leg. Hittting to mid wicket seems quite impossible on front foot.

For that you need to play the shot with ideal timing otherwise if early then square leg and if late goes to mid on....Its not impossible but needs practice for sure..But its easier to hit there from a short ball and off a spinner...

Last edited:
How do you see the maidens a bowler has bowled? None of the scorecards have it?

Also, how do you flick a ball to midwicket on front foot? It usually goes to mid on or square leg. Hittting to mid wicket seems quite impossible on front foot.

This.

And also, when you accidentally hit the ball in the air to square leg or fine leg, did we play it early or late? There's no feedback mechanism in either 'Match Practice' or an option to turn the same on in-game. Thus even though you spend a lot of time practicing, you still don't know whether you hit the ball in the air when you are early in the shot or late.

This.

And also, when you accidentally hit the ball in the air to square leg or fine leg, did we play it early or late? There's no feedback mechanism in either 'Match Practice' or an option to turn the same on in-game. Thus even though you spend a lot of time practicing, you still don't know whether you hit the ball in the air when you are early in the shot or late.

No it depends on the length ...Full on leg will go in the air for sure..Sometimes even to the man near boundary when the timing is very good...:p

Playing it off a good length it doesn't go in the air but will do if timed early...

No it depends on the length ...Full on leg will go in the air for sure..Sometimes even to the man near boundary...:p

True. I end up hitting yorker and fuller length deliveries on leg side hitting down square or fine leg's throat but it shouldn't be the case. You rarely see fine leg or square leg catching anything other than a hook, pull or a miscued slog sweep. At the very least, a clip off the pads or toes shouldn't carry to the boundary riders on the leg side so often, especially when you are playing a regular ground shot, and not an aggressive shot with L2 pressed.

But you still can play these shots along the ground, which means you only hit them in the air when you play the shot too early or too late. Want to know which one is it.

True. I end up hitting yorker and fuller length deliveries on leg side hitting down square or fine leg's throat but it shouldn't be the case. You rarely see fine leg or square leg catching anything other than a hook, pull or a miscued slog sweep. At the very least, a clip off the pads or toes shouldn't carry to the boundary riders on the leg side so often, especially when you are playing a regular ground shot, and not an aggressive shot with L2 pressed.

But you still can play these shots along the ground, which means you only hit them in the air when you play the shot too early or too late. Want to know which one is it.

I would say early because late shot doesn't travel that much in reality but not sure in the game....

I would say early because late shot doesn't travel that much in reality but not sure in the game....

That's why it would be good to have some sort of a timing feedback mechanism in 'Match Practice' at the very least or maybe an optional HUD in the real game.

@BigAntStudios, would be great if you can add that in the game as right now there's no way for us to know what we are doing wrong. We don't even know we botched a shot coz we played it early or late.

That's why it would be good to have some sort of a timing feedback mechanism in 'Match Practice' at the very least or maybe an optional HUD in the real game.

@BigAntStudios, would be great if you can add that in the game as right now there's no way for us to know what we are doing wrong. We don't even know we botched a shot coz we played it early or late.

But for me I know how I am timing the ball without any HUD...I also think that bad shot selection is also a reason for ball going in the air...

I would like the animation to be more forward in playing the shots to keep them grounded and batsman who is brute should depend on his power rather than using foot placement,so chances of ball should be higher in that case...This can be done in the next iteration...In the current game the batting is a bit like Sehwag..See and hit rather than those classy shots...:)

But for me I know how I am timing the ball without any HUD...I also think that bad shot selection is also a reason for ball going in the air...

I would like the animation to be more forward in playing the shots to keep them grounded and batsman who is brute should depend on his power rather than using foot placement,so chances of ball should be higher in that case...This can be done in the next iteration...In the current game the batting is a bit like Sehwag..See and hit rather than those classy shots...:)

I struggle to determine whether I have played early or late, especially to deliveries down the leg or against spinners and slow medium pacers (James Hopes & Bopara especially). A feedback mechanism would be a great addition and again it would be optional. If you don't want to use it, simply turn it off.

I struggle to determine whether I have played early or late, especially to deliveries down the leg or against spinners and slow medium pacers (James Hopes & Bopara especially). A feedback mechanism would be a great addition and again it would be optional. If you don't want to use it, simply turn it off.

Yeah can be added as an option and other thing is that the shots played on the leg side cannot be seen where they went for few seconds because of the camera angle that needs to be taken care of...I have been runout many times because of that...

Yeah can be added as an option and other thing is that the shots played on the leg side cannot be seen where they went for few seconds because of the camera angle that needs to be taken care of...I have been runout many times because of that...

Yup, I wait to see if the ball crossed the square leg fielder before taking the run.

Will there be an indication given in the game if there was any fielding change done by the AI team. Whenever I hit a boundary AI team is placing a fielder in the place. When I play the next ball in the same direction there is a fielder standing ready to take a safe catch. So it is little difficult to check the field placements before every ball

Will there be an indication given in the game if there was any fielding change done by the AI team. Whenever I hit a boundary AI team is placing a fielder in the place. When I play the next ball in the same direction there is a fielder standing ready to take a safe catch. So it is little difficult to check the field placements before every ball

I do so every delivery.

I do so every delivery.

Are you saying that there shouldn't be any idication for fileding change. I am not asking for radar, bcoz it will kill the fun in batting. But if there was pop up appeared after the fielding change then it will helpful for us to check it rather than checking the fiedling before evry ball

Users who are viewing this thread