Post your questions about the game here!

Is there any way I can watch my bowler speed during Practice Match? If it does not tell me if I am bowling at a correct speed what is the use of Practice Mode?

Dear Team,

First of all thanks for bigant for delivering a wonderful game which is the best cricket game until now. I have following concern, it will be very helpful if you guys resolve the same.

Platform - Xbox 360.
Patch Installed - Yes.

Issue:-

If we download a teams from Don Bradman Academy, it is available only for one player and the team is not available for another player/controller/guest player.

Even 2nd player is signed with live account and download teams then we are able to play but when we switch off and on the console again team is not available for second player.

please help.

Probably make sure you've logged in as the same 'user' that you logged in when starting your career.

I have only one "user" id... sure its something else... Im in touch with HBK... hopefully he will solve it. Thanks for suggesting though.

So, I decided to start my career player again with the on disk teams. No. 4 Batting all-rounder who does fast bowling. First match. Came in after first two in the team went out for 10, Khawaja was in on about 30 odd. We managed a stable partnership of 50 off 58 (he was on fire, cracking 4's and even a 6, got troubled a few times, we both nicked, his didn't travel all the way to the keeper, mine flew past him on the leg side and the keeper didn't get anywhere near it, but still dived). Bowler dropped a catch over his head that Khawaja put over him with decent pace, everything was looking pretty good until I got out on 25 odd. Unfortunately it was to a slight glitched catch to a mid off. The thing is, even though he did a bit of a superman, watching the replay (and checking his stats afterwards) it did suggest a possible reason for why this happens.

Not knowing anything about how DBC'14 has been programmed (so yes, making shit up here), it seems that when a player is going for a catch, the game works out, based on the players attributes for Acceleration, Agility, Anticipation and Run Speed how much time it would take the player to reach the point from where he is standing to where the ball will be in a catching position. If the game decides the players attributes allow him to take the catch (and may run the catch chance calculation at this point as well, explaining why so many superman attempted catches never result in a drop). If the game says he can and will catch it, the game then runs any required animation to point the player at the point of the catch, runs it, then works out when the player needs to be in position to being the selected catching animation, then just makes the player travel that path at an average speed.

If the distance is short, the turning and catching animations take up a large portion of this time, thereby leaving little appearing 'travel' time, making it 'warp'.

I dunno, I may be simplifying the whole thing, but after watching the latest replay and the one I uploaded, everything seems to match the above scenario.

Last edited:
Ross: I have received century trophy in PSN trophy list but I haven't scored a century yet...I don't want that for free, I want to earn that trophy...:)

----------

And for 100 wickets by career player, I received the trophy when I was over 200 wickets in total i.e one day, 4days and T20...Don't know why..And I did not receive the trophy for creating a player and sharing a team as well..Is there an issue??

Today I had my first off line game with my brother who trounced me by bowling wide outside off with spinners. I trid to drive but my player just cut even though angle of the stick was towards extra cover and i was trying to move into the ball on front foot. Only shot I could manage was reverse sweep but with backward point it was not a good option. So what would you with a wide outside off delivery from a spinner.

Today I had my first off line game with my brother who trounced me by bowling wide outside off with spinners. I trid to drive but my player just cut even though angle of the stick was towards extra cover and i was trying to move into the ball on front foot. Only shot I could manage was reverse sweep but with backward point it was not a good option. So what would you with a wide outside off delivery from a spinner.

Playing on Pro??

Guys help me why downloaded teams are not available for another player in the same console. Im playing in xbox 360.

Maybe try moving your batsman across the crease to cover off stump, playing the spin a bit later and going with the square/cover drive. Or if you're game, going with the charge (R1).

Maybe try moving your batsman across the crease to cover off stump, playing the spin a bit later and going with the square/cover drive. Or if you're game, going with the charge (R1).

Advancing down the wkt will get you out, especially against human opponent who will vary the pace.

----------

Did you try the late cut? Up & left on left stick and down & right on right stick?

Game crashes when dhoni comes...

Whenever Dhoni comes to bat the game stuck...
there is no pblm while fielding...
no error message too... i need to goto task manager to close d game atlast...

i am playing this game for the last 3 weeks and still trying to master the art..
I have a question, does it have 360 degree shot precision?
one thing that happens to me is whenever I play lofted shot the ball somehow travels to the fielders hand even I hit in the gap..(not talking about superhuman fielders)...
In career mode AI seems to hit the perfect lofted shot but in case of me it always goes up either for 6 or out not in between :/

Advancing down the wkt will get you out, especially against human opponent who will vary the pace.

----------

Did you try the late cut? Up & left on left stick and down & right on right stick?

How will they vary the pace?

Why up and left? Doesnt the batter step about 2 metres away from the bal?

for ground shots what do u people use most?
the attacking ground shots with RT and LT
or just the 2 sticks selecting your foot and and shot placement

Users who are viewing this thread