Post your questions about the game here!

Are you saying that there shouldn't be any idication for fileding change. I am not asking for radar, bcoz it will kill the fun in batting. But if there was pop up appeared after the fielding change then it will helpful for us to check it rather than checking the fiedling before evry ball

Forgive me if I am wrong, but when there is a panning view across the field I think that means there has been a fielding change. It's a form of a loading screen.

Forgive me if I am wrong, but when there is a panning view across the field I think that means there has been a fielding change. It's a form of a loading screen.

I don't think so. the panning view is showing the field placement before the change is made and is not showing the curent placement. Sometimes the panning view will not show up at all. I noticed this several times. The fielder will be placed without any indication. This happens sometimes in career mode and mostly in casual mode

Do the 'Type' of batsmen make any difference when controlled by AI in career mode? As i've made the saturday team i play for and i use them in career... & People with precise/conservative are teeing off from ball one over the infield? thanks guys! :)

Are you saying that there shouldn't be any idication for fileding change. I am not asking for radar, bcoz it will kill the fun in batting. But if there was pop up appeared after the fielding change then it will helpful for us to check it rather than checking the fiedling before evry ball

I won't mind it if we know of a field change but TBH that's not something that would be a high priority for me. I would rather Big Ant focus on fixing things like fragile AI batting, fatigue affecting fast bowler's pace, realistic fields and more stable online gameplay. Once these 4 things have been fixed, I won't mind Big Ant focusing on things like 'field change notification' but at the moment there are bigger fish to fry.

----------

Do the 'Type' of batsmen make any difference when controlled by AI in career mode? As i've made the saturday team i play for and i use them in career... & People with precise/conservative are teeing off from ball one over the infield? thanks guys! :)

I haven't seen AI batsmen batting any different, depending on how they have been categorised in the game. AI batsman labeled as 'precise' or 'opportunist' is as likely to bonkers as any other AI batsman no matter what the batsman is labeled.

I haven't seen AI batsmen batting any different, depending on how they have been categorised in the game. AI batsman labeled as 'precise' or 'opportunist' is as likely to bonkers as any other AI batsman no matter what the batsman is labeled.

Yeah it don't seem to make any difference what i put them as... Just a little annoying when a guy who can't hit it off the square so i set him to conservative tees off 1st ball :/ lol

Makes no difference

Conservative batsman still smack it around after 2-3 deliveries :noway

Not true always. Many field changes by the AI do not trigger the loading screen thing ..

Lost Career mode saved game

Hey everyone! Don't know if anyone can sort it out for me or something...

For some reason, when I enter career mode, all it shows is Start a new career and Leaderboard...the Continue game option is not accessible...I have checked my Xbox storage data and that shows my career mode game data over there, but in-game, nothing! Has anyone else faced this? Has the save file become corrupt or is it a problem with the game? Also, till date I have DLD-d teams from DBCA 3 times as every time I download, it vanishes without any warning or anything after a few days...

Plz if anyone can solve my problems, your help will be greatly appreciated...cuz I am going into deep depression over my lost career! It is not that I can't start over, but since losing the career mode saved game, I have realized how attached I became to my digital self almost on the verge of making it to the Country Team! :( Ross, or anyone...HELPPP!

I bat using close batsman and use broadcast for running.. Is there any suggestion which angle is best for running ??

To answer the multitide questions asked over the last couple of pages.

Shots to the leg side will be aired if the connection between bat and ball would force it into the air, if you watch the replay you quite clearly see what caused the shot to do what it did. Use this to work out what kind of deliveries you can play or what kind of timing you need to reduce your chance of skying it to a fielder. If you're hitting the ball with the toe of the bat while the bat is moving towards square leg, it's most definately going to be in the air. If your connection is with a ball that is higher when it connects with the bat, chances are it will be quite flat or go pretty nice into the ground, you won't be hitting it with much power so it shouldn't carry.

I believe the cut-scene that happens when the AI changes fields is when they change the default field setting, but not when they 'customize' the current field setting (i.e, they move just one or two fielders around within the current field setting). As I only have a narrow range of shots I like to play, I will usually look at that gap first, if it's changed since the last time, I'll look at the other spots to see if a new gap has opened.. this takes barely 3 seconds in between, and I am still so loving the manual look part of the game.

If you read the description of the different batter mentalities in Cricket Academy, it gives you a pretty good description of what it means, and I believe this does affect the type of shots they will play.

I use Broadcast cam for running to, it is by far, for me, the best one to get a easy, wide view of the field to see when to take a run. My run outs are 99% human error (usually at the loss of the AI batsman). The only time I have a real issue is when the Broadcast cam is right over the spot where the ball is heading, you get a very narrow view from above and have only a split second of warning when a fielder is close to the ball. This only happens 95% of the time, and it's always on the rope so you know you have time to rush or cancel the run.

I bat using close batsman and use broadcast for running.. Is there any suggestion which angle is best for running ??

The best camera for running is Fielding 1. Its not even close. However, its not available in career for some reason. Broadcast is the best option you have in career. Its a bit annoying compared to F1 but its ok.

Hey everyone! Don't know if anyone can sort it out for me or something...

For some reason, when I enter career mode, all it shows is Start a new career and Leaderboard...the Continue game option is not accessible...I have checked my Xbox storage data and that shows my career mode game data over there, but in-game, nothing! Has anyone else faced this? Has the save file become corrupt or is it a problem with the game? Also, till date I have DLD-d teams from DBCA 3 times as every time I download, it vanishes without any warning or anything after a few days...

Plz if anyone can solve my problems, your help will be greatly appreciated...cuz I am going into deep depression over my lost career! It is not that I can't start over, but since losing the career mode saved game, I have realized how attached I became to my digital self almost on the verge of making it to the Country Team! :( Ross, or anyone...HELPPP!

PM @HBK619. He should be able to help you out.

By the way there are other folks who are facing a similar issue. Here's an example...
http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...ies-after-patch-1-a-89276-23.html#post2758063

Looks like corrupted save file(s) and unable to continue career is a known issue and has impacted a few people.

Last edited:
Bowling Assistance

hey guys
just want to know when will the green area from the bowling meter will get bigger (like the jump input meter and the other meter) im on lvl 10 and im like 3rd year in career mode

i found that right handed batsman has this tendency to air leg side shots more often than not

Played as a left hander and i honestly only played 1 shot in the air on leg side
its as if the lefties are just better off their legs than right handers

hey guys
just want to know when will the green area from the bowling meter will get bigger

Users who are viewing this thread