Post your questions about the game here!

And what about this??

Was given Out...:mad

Attachments

• IMG_1566.jpg
    IMG_1566.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 30
^^^
Stumpings and runouts are a bit random IMO. It looks like the batsman is in to me but I'm given out but the very same animation is ruled not out the next time. Honestly I have no idea whether I will be given out or not out despite watching the replays number of times.

There's a known disparity between some of those animations and the crease line. Happens with run outs as well.

The game also doesn't identify when you slide your bat in, I've been "run out" after making my ground easily, sliding the bat in but both feet are in the air, quite a few times the animations don't match up with where the computer thinks you are vs what you see. Not all result in a dismissal, the "batsman through the stumps" error is another occasional anomolie, where you warp backwards upon playing a front foot shot... But the animation makes it look like a back foot one?

Very infrequent error though.

There's a known disparity between some of those animations and the crease line. Happens with run outs as well.

The game also doesn't identify when you slide your bat in, I've been "run out" after making my ground easily, sliding the bat in but both feet are in the air, quite a few times the animations don't match up with where the computer thinks you are vs what you see. Not all result in a dismissal, the "batsman through the stumps" error is another occasional anomolie, where you warp backwards upon playing a front foot shot... But the animation makes it look like a back foot one?

Very infrequent error though.

Thanks for the explanation but can that be rectified or is it one of those like shoes going into ground kind of stuff??

I imagine it's a reasonably easy fix. Moving a 0 and a few 1's left or right maybe? They fixed the 'allow early dive' bug in patch one pretty promptly, there's still an error when you get up and the ball is somehow still "live" and you're run out...

I think the code could do with a more relaxed approach to when the ball is dead/alive when it comes to running and certainly the throw-down-the-stumps every few balls can be turned down, or off, even more.

My suggestion was that unless "run" was pressed there's no need to execute any attempt at a run out. There's no need to action an of those animations until "run" is pressed. Problem solved. Different for stumpings, absolutely, but that's just a case of fixing the disparity between what we SEE as the crease and what the game has as an absolute line.

I think the code could do with a more relaxed approach to when the ball is dead/alive when it comes to running and certainly the throw-down-the-stumps every few balls can be turned down, or off, even more.

This only happens when a run attempt is cancelled at any point (read below). If you're taking a run, as long as you don't go for a second and then cancel it, the bowler/wicket keeper will not try and dislodge the bails, at all.

My suggestion was that unless "run" was pressed there's no need to execute any attempt at a run out. There's no need to action an of those animations until "run" is pressed. Problem solved.

Topic in a different thread discussed this, and it is true and active as of right now. Not one time (well, I did three times by pure habit) last night when I did not call for a run did I cancel it either, and in all instances I never had the fielders try and bulldoze the stumps. If the bowler recovered the ball in his follow through, he would just jog back towards the non strikers end, if it was in the field they'd just lob the ball gently to the bowler or wicket keeper. It is true that if you do not cancel a run (including when no run has been called), they will not go to extra effort to put ball to stumps.

However, a couple of times when the AI batsman was playing a very front foot shot and were not deep in their crease, as they did the 'relax' animation after playing the shot, their foot would rise out of the crease for a split second, and that would cause the AI fielders to pelt the ball at the keeper or at his stumps.

The way that I have experienced the runouts and stumpings is like this .

When you are safe , there will be no referring to the 3rd Umpire and game will continue as normal.

When you are out of your ground (Or the Computer has decided your out) , the decision will be referred upstairs , but in my experience of close to 100 games now , as soon as that happens you will eventually end up being out , regardless of what the animation or the slow mo replay will suggest.

So basically , as soon as its going upstairs , you`re gone. I`ve never had a decision going for NOT OUT.

Can the other guys maybe enlighten us if they have in fact "survived" the 3rd Umpires wrath ever ?

Can the other guys maybe enlighten us if they have in fact "survived" the 3rd Umpires wrath ever ?

Yeah, I've had a few not outs on runout close calls. Sometimes for myself and sometimes for the AI Striker.

Note that I've also see a few catches going into the slips (one dropped, one caught), and I've seen the keeper drop a couple.

Thanks mate . Just to be clear.

These close runouts you survived , were all referred upstairs to the third umpire right ?

PS. I`ve seen plenty of balls hit the keeper smack in the chest and drop to the ground. I enjoy that .

Thanks mate . Just to be clear.

These close runouts you survived , were all referred upstairs to the third umpire right ?

PS. I`ve seen plenty of balls hit the keeper smack in the chest and drop to the ground. I enjoy that .

I've had a few "NOT OUT" decisions, but it does seem to be rare to refer the third umpire.

The way that I have experienced the runouts and stumpings is like this .

When you are safe , there will be no referring to the 3rd Umpire and game will continue as normal.

When you are out of your ground (Or the Computer has decided your out) , the decision will be referred upstairs , but in my experience of close to 100 games now , as soon as that happens you will eventually end up being out , regardless of what the animation or the slow mo replay will suggest.

So basically , as soon as its going upstairs , you`re gone. I`ve never had a decision going for NOT OUT.

I've had a few not outs when referred to 3rd umpire. However, 'not outs' when decision is referred to 3rd umpire are rare but you do get 'not outs'.

I've looked through this thread, and the forum, and cannot find any definitive answer as to when DBC14 will appear for PS4.

If I had to buy it currently, I would choose my 360 over my PS3 for the better controller, but obviously the graphics would suffer compared to the upcoming PC version.

I bought MLB 14 The Show for the PS4. I know, it's not cricket, but it's the best we had available and it's a very well presented game. The batting difficulty beats every cricket game I've ever played, to be honest. :D

So - PS4 + Don Bradman Cricket 14 = When? :wave

No idea mate , it has never been mentioned by BA if they will even support this game for PS4 .

Probably in the back of their minds , after all the bugs is sorted I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread