Post your questions about the game here!

Too bad about the lack of international tournaments in career mode. Perhaps this will change in a future patch. Personally I think they are key because winning these is what you strive towards as a captain and player.

I got a question or more a remark

Im playing my career and get to my 50's
but i found an odd trend that happens

for some reason i will either get the Bad Luck (played on Sh!!t) or a nick behind

for some reason 95% of the time im out due to that

My batsmen is not tired

So i decided to save my game after i get 50 and test this

Low and behold 6 times i was out either played on or nick,
Its like the game decides , listen FU u will go out lol

maybe just very bad luck but i dont believe in that

for some reason i will either get the Bad Luck (played on Sh!!t) or a nick behind

My batsmen is not tired

This happened to me a lot of times. I get to the 40's within twenty to thrity balls and then struggle to get to 49 for next 10 to twenty balls. I got out between 40 to 49 hell a lot times due to bad luck or caught behind. Sometimes how much ever you time it correctly the ball will fly to the mid on/off fielder. I see the interactive replay again to check what i have done wrong but I could not find it. Earler in the innings I would have played the same shot and it will be rolling in the ground. but when you are in forties it goes all the way in the air. I don't know how the bowlers get all their tricks working when we are at 40's or 90's

Last edited:
This happened to me a lot of times. I get to the 40's within twenty to thrity balls and then struggle to get to 49 for next 10 to twenty balls. I got out between 40 to 49 hell a lot times due to bad luck or caught behind. Sometimes how much ever you time it correctly the ball will fly to the mid on/off fielder. I see the interactive replay again to check what i have done wrong but I could not find it. Earler in the innings I would have played the same short and it will be rolling in the ground. but when you are in forties it goes all the way in the air. I don't know how the bowlers get all their tricks working when we are at 40's or 90's

Its annoying this and i honestly think there is an issue in regards to this matter

having to restart the game 6 - 7 times to test gets annoying but the end result was the same - a big ass FU

and i mean driving a spinner way outside off to go out bad luck edge on stumps

@mikeymerren
@Ross

Last edited:
It might be related to the confidence of your player - so when his confidence is higher, the timing window gets larger and shots that would go along the ground because you timed it a little late are now inside the timing window, and go through the air.

I think the power of the "standard" shot needs to be turned down. My idea would be for "standard" to be about half the power of the current standard, R2 being block, L2 being what the current standard is and R2+L2 being the current R2 (if any of that makes sense?)

Although that doesn't explain the edges to the keeper and onto the stumps, which I also get a disproportionate amount of when my guy feels like he should be "in"

*edit* I'm getting more and more certain that there's more to the final result of the shot than just timing and shot selection. I just went out by hitting a catch to mid on from a fast bowler. There is no way in the world that I was early on that shot - so why did it go in the air?

I'm pretty sure that the quality of the bowler, the bowler confidence and the bowling equivalent of timing also enter into it.

Most frustrating, however, is the realisation finally that you can't actually trust the colour of the circle around the delivery to tell you where it's going to pitch relative to the batsman ...

Last edited:
guys pls help.. in full length delivery, how will he bowl a toe crushing yorker? i don get it..

what platform u playing on im using xbox 360 I use the y button for the Yorker/full delivery then use the LAS stick push upwards or straight for him to deliver the right line and it should work, sorry I don't have PS3.

Had a lot of them when playing in career mode...:yes

That's good to hear, it's no biggie but used to annoy the hell out of me in A09 and IC10. I guess you bowl a bit of chin music. In all the vids I've watched people seem to bowl on a length or full generally.

Starting to get a tad excited now about the PC release especially after reading the changes in patch 2. Just need Matty to post some more videos to keep me sane!! :)

Please :yes

Extra smiley for Dutch in regards to his C07 forum comment!!!

That's good to hear, it's no biggie but used to annoy the hell out of me in A09 and IC10. I guess you bowl a bit of chin music. In all the vids I've watched people seem to bowl on a length or full generally.

Starting to get a tad excited now about the PC release especially after reading the changes in patch 2. Just need Matty to post some more videos to keep me sane!! :)

Please :yes

Extra smiley for Dutch in regards to his C07 forum comment!!!

Plenty of ducking and weaving! Man, you are going to LOVE this game!!

Questions on Career Mode

Hello all.

I have a second year career character and without really knowing the game too well, I made an all-rounder but gave them fourth in the batting order which in hindsight was a bad idea, I should really be batting 5 or even 6.

Checking the manual, it mentions changing both the batting and bowling orders, but there's apparently no response when I try this in Career Mode? Does this mean it's locked out?

I'm playing this on PS3, and was using the right D-pad or Right Stick (as the manual only mentions the right button, not -which-) to try and activate these features. If it's locked in, I won't mind and will struggle along.

Don Bradman Cricket 14 Patch 1 and Patch 2

How can I get these Patches for Don Bradman Cricket 14? I have a PS3.

My batsmen is not tired

For what it's worth, exactly the same thing has happened every time I've made 50. Haven't made many 50s, but each time I do everything's easy until suddenly I nick one behind just after hitting 50.

The game doesn't change based on score.

Other factors, AI, confidence, etc play a part.

Users who are viewing this thread