Post your questions about the game here!

Can't stress enough how much better the cameras and replays are...

After playing quite a bit now using Patch 2, as Matt said, edges are there but only marginally more than Patch 1. This still needs working on in Patch 3 IMO

To be fair though, other than lack of edges and the well documented AI default fielding issues, the rest of game is top notch.

No more daft run outs
slower outfield
bowler fatigue fixed
AI batting is better (but still needs work re: batting mentality having more affect)
Bowling is harder
Batting is easier
Better replays

If nit picking:
WK needs toning down still - far too athletic
Bowler still too athletic when fielding - other fielders seem better though

Started a career as 16 yr old all rounder on veteran. Played 2 games and only took 1 wicket. Plenty of close calls (no edges :p) but didn't get my usual 10 fer per game

Batting I actually scored 26 in 2nd innings played (normally out for single figure scores :p) and was down to my own impatience for getting out

Now that I have correctly set different line ups for first class/ODI/T20 its good to see in game also

This seems really exciting , but I`m afraid most of the comments received from our in-house Beta Testers of Patch2 revolves around the Single Player experience against the AI.

Can you guys maybe elaborate if all the mentioned bugs for online has been fixed as well , I`ve only caught some short excerpts here and there from you guys on this.

@BigAntStudios or @HBK619

I asked this question before, but it may have been missed so I'll ask again (because it just happened again).

The below video is of the first ball I received from a medium pacer. It was the first ball the medium pacer bowled (so, no fatigue issue). The length indicator was yellow, for a full pitched ball.

Is this working as designed?

Note that I've managed to get the video left-right reversed, it was leg-stump that got hit.

Last edited by a moderator:
@ellgieff

You have just demonstrated the Stock Standard Ball you can expect from most cheaters in the online matches. It shows yellow , but ends up 9 meters in front of you coming at 75km/h . Timing it is nigh on impossible other than the super powerfull leg glance , even if you know its coming , its just not realistic.

I would be VERY dissapointed if this has managed to slip through and is still featured in the game. Holding thumbs though......

i agree. in limited overs matches it's usually not too bad but if you play first class or test against a team might have a medium pacer who will bowl long spells it can get ridiculous - i have been given out LBW to balls that hit me above the waist, review it and sure enough it's dying so much it will drop and hit the wickets.

it can be very difficult to play medium pacers, sometimes you're playing even later than for spinners, "safe" shots are extremely limited and dead-bounce means there is one with your name on it just around the corner at all times

@ellgieff

You have just demonstrated the Stock Standard Ball you can expect from most cheaters in the online matches. It shows yellow , but ends up 9 meters in front of you coming at 75km/h . Timing it is nigh on impossible other than the super powerfull leg glance , even if you know its coming , its just not realistic.

I would be VERY dissapointed if this has managed to slip through and is still featured in the game. Holding thumbs though......

"Stop crying you looser... ask number 1 player, he smashes these for 10 runs every balls" typical response from online exploiters when you point their cheating at them.

The development team seriously has to address these sorts of issues in patch 2. It should be among their top priorities.

Last edited:
The below video is of the first ball I received from a medium pacer. It was the first ball the medium pacer bowled (so, no fatigue issue).

Yeah that's worrying as I also thought this may have been down to the fatigue issue.

Guys, has any info been put out there about skill point allocation in career mode? If so please send me the link.

Basically I just don't get how the points get applied. I have RHB with onside strength. Coming to the end of my first season and I really don't understand what gets me skill points. I mainly camp on the front foot, middle stump guard, so the majority of my shots and therefore points go to front foot and onside. Fine.

I have since changed it up and place myself on leg stump to drive more through the off side. Last night, I spanked 2 x cover drive 4's in a row and get no points. Next ball I don't play a shot, let it go through to the keeper and get allocated a onside point. Huh?

I'm playing on xbox360 with patch 1 installed. Downloaded teams.

Guys, has any info been put out there about skill point allocation in career mode? If so please send me the link.

Basically I just don't get how the points get applied. I have RHB with onside strength. Coming to the end of my first season and I really don't understand what gets me skill points. I mainly camp on the front foot, middle stump guard, so the majority of my shots and therefore points go to front foot and onside. Fine.

I have since changed it up and place myself on leg stump to drive more through the off side. Last night, I spanked 2 x cover drive 4's in a row and get no points. Next ball I don't play a shot, let it go through to the keeper and get allocated a onside point. Huh?

I'm playing on xbox360 with patch 1 installed. Downloaded teams.

Far as I can tell, you're allocated a skill point for every 6 balls faced.

Generally this will reflect the areas/ shots you've played well more often over those 6 balls. May be an occasional more random allocation

Delete shared teams in don bradman cricket academy server

I tried un-sharing a team from my shares list, but it keep showing back in results. how do I delete or remove a shared team from the don bradman cricket academy server?

Far as I can tell, you're allocated a skill point for every 6 balls faced.

Generally this will reflect the areas/ shots you've played well more often over those 6 balls. May be an occasional more random allocation

If patch 2 in the nets during career mode is anything to go by, you get a skill point for every 6 balls you hit (not faced).

Users who are viewing this thread