Post your questions about the game here!

Where can I download the latest version of CA?

Download Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Academy (Update 0.97a)

A small update is now available for the Don Bradman Academy (0.97a) this has a number of small fixes from the 0.97 build. Download the update from here:-

http://update.cricketacademygame.com/

If you have never installed Don Bradman Academy - or have a version older than 0.96 then first download the setup.exe from here:-

http://download.cricketacademygame.com/

Last edited:
Ok so I have a few questions

Has there been any talk of the difficulty levels in the game?

So when you download a player on cricket academy that someone else created, how do there stats become updated? Is it when we start playing there stats will start?

When you download an already created team how will this work into the game?

Ps. Some people have created some really good players,
and from the looks of it big ant have done a great job with this game so far.

Thanks guys

Few questions

So when you download a player on cricket academy that someone else created, how do there stats become updated? Is it when we start playing there stats will start?

Thanks guys

Thanks guys

It will be reasonably automatic, details will follow very shortly and become clear with the next Academy update.

Is the keeper's catch controlled by us in the sense of moving towards leg side for a small nick or even diving??

Wanted to know this after Mikey said about a ball being 158.5 kmph so such catches would be at a lightning speed....:)

Am i right in thinking though no details have been released yet about how you keep wicket? We've been told catches are not automatic etc. but we don't if as a keeper you have to do everything manually, e.g. Receiving ball from fielders' throws, catch balls beating the bat/left etc.

Not sure if they're classing the "keeper catching the ball" as fielding. Might become a little monotonous to "press x" every ball to catch it. I would hazard a guess that stuff will be automatic, perhaps needing to press "X to stump the bastman" when keeping close, diving for the catch might trigger a quicktime event or mini-game or something?

We really don't know much about the fielding mechanics to be honest, you're right.

Not sure if they're classing the "keeper catching the ball" as fielding. Might become a little monotonous to "press x" every ball to catch it. I would hazard a guess that stuff will be automatic, perhaps needing to press "X to stump the bastman" when keeping close, diving for the catch might trigger a quicktime event or mini-game or something?

We really don't know much about the fielding mechanics to be honest, you're right.

Ross has been very vocal against the idea of having mini-games, etc. So I doubt that will be the case. I'm too looking forward to seeing how it is done though! Exciting stuff!

QUESTION: In the career mode, can we choose NOT to play in a certain format? For example, as mentioned earlier, the progression will be generally from T20s towards Test matches (as you increase in ranks). If I don't want to to play T20s, will it be possible? Any guesses?

Users who are viewing this thread