Post your questions about the game here!

You have to think the lack of a 'yes' answer after all the times it has been mentioned means it isn't in the game.

That said, we haven't heard much about wicket keeping in general, though I'd be surprised if 'innovative wicket keeping' is a back of the box feature.

how is fielding handled in CA? when setting a field, do you chose whether that field is available only for a type of bowler? if so, i guess it's unlikely. if not, it should be possible.

i would be disappointed if it's not in there, it's a big part of limited overs cricket. it should be a feature of the "wiocketkeeper" career since it's a particular skill, and should also have an impact on who you select in limited overs games (are they good enough to stand up). For all the lovely little touches, you got to get the big stuff right and this would be a big gap if it was missing, and i don't even really care about limited overs cricket :)

how is fielding handled in CA? when setting a field, do you chose whether that field is available only for a type of bowler? if so, i guess it's unlikely. if not, it should be possible.

i would be disappointed if it's not in there, it's a big part of limited overs cricket. it should be a feature of the "wiocketkeeper" career since it's a particular skill, and should also have an impact on who you select in limited overs games (are they good enough to stand up). For all the lovely little touches, you got to get the big stuff right and this would be a big gap if it was missing, and i don't even really care about limited overs cricket :)

As a matter of fact, you should. What could be more satisfying to you than walking in the middle to open a T20 game and score 20* off 87 deliveries?

can anyone tell me, how many different grounds are gonna be in the game???

I miss the days when we used to find out something new about the game every other day...either people have run out of questions or just have become too preoccupied with the release.

Speaking of which....question time....will the situations of the match effect the confidence of the batsman? For example...losing the top 3 early while batting makes the confidence low for other batsmen.

Or lets say the team has to chase a huge total..that should effect the confidence of the batsmen. Does that happen in the game?

Another example would be, while bowling i get whooped in the last 5/10 overs of the match. That should deflate the confidence a little too while starting the chase.

Confidence and momentum play a big part in the game and are effected by how things are going.

We've momentum systems in our past few games, not catch-up systems, unlike most games where things are artificially kept close, momentum can cause a crushing blow out or bring you back into the game :yes

Sweet!! Are there players who relish the oppertunity and get more confident at the prospect of a big total?

It's certainly there in fifa, when you score 2 or 3 goals the opposition dribbling gets poor and they give away possession more easily. It would be great to have such thing in dbc14 when you lose quick early wickets and then come at no. 5 or 6 to bat against opposition momentum and take your team out of trouble.

It's certainly there in fifa, when you score 2 or 3 goals the opposition dribbling gets poor and they give away possession more easily. It would be great to have such thing in dbc14 when you lose quick early wickets and then come at no. 5 or 6 to bat against opposition momentum and take your team out of trouble.

That's true. It is very hard to come back in fifa when you are two goals down. Gets easier once you score against the flow of the play....gets very close actually once that happens.

There are no mental stats surfaced in CA, which indicates momentum is at a team level and confidence operates generically to the situation rather than batsman A thrives in pressure and batsman B folds

Momentum can also be individual obviously - bowler in a great spell, eg - but it won't be based on individual stats, I mean

Ross: Having the behind the batsman and helmet camera angle in the game,Is it possible to make the side screen move or will it be perfect always??:)

Sidescreen is automatic, now that you bring it up we really should have put manual adjustment in as one of nice little things, but we didn't.

Sidescreen is automatic, now that you bring it up we really should have put manual adjustment in as one of nice little things, but we didn't.

Now that you say it, how important is the sightscreen in the game while playing with the default behind the batsman camera? Does it help at all?

As far as I am concerned it's for show, guys in the office have a different opinion.

Hmm, i ask due to the lack of bowling marker. Was wondering whether it would help or not to track the ball. Good to know guys who play regularly think it does.

Users who are viewing this thread