Post your questions about the game here!

TripleM

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I know this has been asked at least once before, but I don't remember seeing an answer.

Is it possible to vary the AI difficulty independently of the controls difficulty? Ie play with 100% 'legend' control, but an easier AI.

Or are there actually no real differences in AI mentality, and it's all down to the controls? I can see that posing enough of a challenge if the answer was yes.

(In fact it'd almost be *better* if the answer was yes, rather than old games where 'hard' means the AI hits every ball for 4 and you can't..)

(That is, the answer to my second question :P)

Last edited:

harry24n

School Cricketer
The commentary was read from a script in a recording studio - I meant that no one at Big Ant did the voices :)

plz sir dbc 14 should have keyboard controls on pc we cant spend money on a controller to play a single game. plz read other forums if u dont beleive me.

Fissionmailed

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Also, IF the game allowed keyboard controls, it simply wouldn't work, the game requires analogue input from a controller.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Having been "in the nets" all afternoon. There is absolutely no way this game would be any good with keyboard controls. You'd need to be doing some serious contortion type shit with your hands, let alone the analog response stuff not being there.

Forget about the keyboard
. If you can't afford it, tough luck.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Having been "in the nets" all afternoon. There is absolutely no way this game would be any good with keyboard controls. You'd need to be doing some serious contortion type shit with your hands, let alone the analog response stuff not being there.

Forget about the keyboard
. If you can't afford it, tough luck.

You haven't even touched spin bowling yet.... someone trying to do that with a keyboard would be a freakin' funny video to watch.

As the sig says, you do not need two kidneys to play DBC14*

*have I gone too far?

mattk

Club Captain
So you can't afford a $5 controller?

If you can't afford the controller then you can't afford the game

LegBreakGoogly

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Ross, I have a favour/ Suggestion to make/Ask. I am disabled, Particularly my fine-motor skills on my right hand are about 30-35% of a "normal individual", so I was wondering if you could possible add the ability of changing the control scheme such that the left analog stick controls the short selection & timing instead of the right analog stick and the right analog stick controls foot movement instead of the left analog stick? I realize that this is a rather big request for just one person but it really help!

Matthew

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Ross, I have a favour/ Suggestion to make/Ask. I am disabled, Particularly my fine-motor skills on my right hand are about 30-35% of a "normal individual", so I was wondering if you could possible add the ability of changing the control scheme such that the left analog stick controls the short selection & timing instead of the right analog stick and the right analog stick controls foot movement instead of the left analog stick? I realize that this is a rather big request for just one person but it really help!

Matthew

We do try to take into account disability when designing the games. We actually had people come into the office and help us with colour blindness etc. (the colours should be as "friendly" as they can be).

I never thought of disability with regard to controller layout. We would have to include this in a patch, if possible, we cannot make that change for the game as to be shipped.

alitahir

Club Captain
The Academy as well as the practice mode is running absolutely fine on my laptop with the highest setting. I hope this means that the game will run well on it as well.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
We do try to take into account disability when designing the games. We actually had people come into the office and help us with colour blindness etc. (the colours should be as "friendly" as they can be).

I don't know if every game company does this, but :thumbs

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
I don't know if every game company does this, but :thumbs

None that I know of, but I could be wrong. I know the colour blind guys we got in don't think they do based on their gaming experience.

It's a game breaker to rely on colour for info if you can't see it, in getting rid of the donut we thought these poor buggers wouldn't stand a chance unless we did something.

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
Got the controller issue sorted out I think now Ross - just going to make sure in the nets. Any comment on mid-game autosave? Worried about losing progress in a match if I had a freeze or crash for any reason. :)

Users who are viewing this thread