Post your questions about the game here!

logout20

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
One person in world cricket is currently playing the shot. 3 have in all time cricket history. And you expect it to be in the game and are dissapointed? The addition of the scoop and reverse sweep is good enough for me.

not enough for me....please add L1 + backfoot + long on = helicopter...

also add tis upper cut in Unorthodox shots....have some variety ..

141.jpg

111.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6W3mHR28KE

Last edited:

ChinamanSpin

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
You have a point Chinaman but what I am saying is they can fill it up with the free spot available on the Right Stick Frwrd + Unorthodox modifier. Just like how advance and block needs to be filled in somewhere. Something for the future versions.
And yes three may have played it but doesn't mean any of us don't try to. Its just hard to master.
Having a bit of variety does no harm.
It might be an idea for a future version, but the batsmen might need to be radical and have a special skill, as it is much rarer than the scoop and reverse sweep. I find the straight unorthodox shot a useful way to play the scoop shot because the sweep sometimes takes over when I'm trying to play it behind.
not enough for me....please add L1 + backfoot + long on = helicopter...
I can't tell if you are being genuinely serious. If you are, shut up and get some sense. This is the first game to have a scoop shot and it has loads of new and interesting shots and controls and you are begging for something that isn't very important? I agree with the advanced block, but am not bothered about this for now.
also add tis upper cut in Unorthodox shots....have some variety ..
I've managed to play a sort of uppercut, so this isn't needed. Anyway, an uppercut would conflict with reverse sweep.

logout20

Club Cricketer
It might be an idea for a future version, but the batsmen might need to be radical and have a special skill, as it is much rarer than the scoop and reverse sweep. I find the straight unorthodox shot a useful way to play the scoop shot because the sweep sometimes takes over when I'm trying to play it behind.
I can't tell if you are being genuinely serious. If you are, shut up and get some sense. This is the first game to have a scoop shot and it has loads of new and interesting shots and controls and you are begging for something that isn't very important? I agree with the advanced block, but am not bothered about this for now.

i'm bothered...and i'm serious...and i am just expressing my opinion....and if you are not agree then you can add me to your ignore list....i'm not begging here ok...why dont you shut up..

logout20

Club Cricketer

I've managed to play a sort of uppercut, so this isn't needed. Anyway, an uppercut would conflict with reverse sweep.

reverse sweep goes to deep third man/square third man..
uppercut goes to fine third man...

talking about unorthodox what about this...switch hit

news_6_4_2012_8.jpg

and this

article-0-134F9F72000005DC-244_468x286.jpg

:D

Last edited by a moderator:

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The uppercut need not be unorthodox. Pointing the right stick down should be enough. But there aren't any head high bouncers to know now.

Also very good suggestion Chinaman. Like radical batsmen playing that shoot, even scoop can be accommodated. While Precise batsman can rather paddle sweep instead of scooping!

----------

Switch hits reverses the rules for wides and LBWs. Im not sure how its different to a reverse sweep otherwise(functionally).

ChinamanSpin

International Coach
When there is a reverse sweep, I don't see the point of the switch hit in the game. Switch hits traditionally get more power.

Fissionmailed

Associate Captain
I've seen the switch hit like twice, I've only seen one person do it how about we add that as well, reverse sweep shot isn't enough. How about a good old fashion french cut, through the legs and all.

Picking at straws here fellas, all the shots that need to be there are there, suggestions are fine, but no need to be silly and say your outright disappointed that a shot that you rarely see isn't in the game.

Guybrush Threep

Club Captain
The only shot I think they should include is the ramp or uppercut as you guys are calling it. The rest are fine IMO.

One thing that would be cool is if you could assign certain points to the type of shots your batsman likes to play, and being able to pick out one type of unorthodox shot as you're specialty.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
advanced block is the biggest "missing" shot I can see, people often get out to smother the spin but don't attack.

the rest is mere bagatelle.

Users who are viewing this thread