Post your questions about the game here!

Advancing down the pitch is the are of batting that I believe should be looked at in future patches/iterations of the game, I think we could do better.

I haven't kept track of the last few pages but an option to change your shot to a block just before you deliver the bat seems the obvious fix.

In real life if you get beaten in the flight as you advance there's a moment where you either choose to go through with the shot or block it / get your pads in the way, and for me that's the important bit.

Sadly the current England team don't seem to have this option enabled.

I haven't kept track of the last few pages but an option to change your shot to a block just before you deliver the bat seems the obvious fix.

In real life if you get beaten in the flight as you advance there's a moment where you either choose to go through with the shot or block it / get your pads in the way, and for me that's the important bit.

Sadly the current England team don't seem to have this option enabled.

That's my point.As it's a basic shot and it will create unpredictablity in shot selection too,if not if we click that shot it should be an attacking shot alone and there is no way to play it normal if we even click that accidentally.
I'm glad that Ross agreed to tweek some in regard to that shot,hope they will make it.

Last edited:
The advance button should only make batsman to dance down the track with some backlift, rest should be decided by what we do with defence,lofted or grounded stroke controls. And if we do not press any stroke button with advance button then the batsman should leave that ball by advancing from crease with that backlift.

Last edited:
The advance button should only make batsman to dance down the track with some backlift, rest should be decided by what we do with defence,lofted or grounded stroke controls. And if we do not press any stroke button with advance button then the batsman should leave that ball by advancing from crease with that backlift.

As Ross mentioned, this is one area they would definitely work on, and I agree with him. As of now, I dont think I will ever be using the advance button in its current state.....the degree of risk involved in it is tooo high at the moment to make it an option in a real match.

As Ross mentioned, this is one area they would definitely work on, and I agree with him. As of now, I dont think I will ever be using the advance button in its current state.....the degree of risk involved in it is tooo high at the moment to make it an option in a real match.

yeah, ross admitting that advance shot needs to be worked on is another example of ross's honesty and sincerity throughout this time he interacted with us. And they will sure come up with some better result in advance shot, I am giving my view how it should work in future.

I dont know if Ross would read this (;)) but in the initial days when the first batch of pics were released, there was a shot in which the batsman's hand came off the bat. Now, I have tried to replicate that shot (square cut i think it was) by hitting the ball early, hitting it late, hitting it early with max power etc but have not been able to replicate it. Does this mean that there are many more animations to batting in the full game than what we have seen in the nets?????

Edit: This is the image I was talking about:

screenshot3-png.jpg

I dont know if Ross would read this (;)) but in the initial days when the first batch of pics were released, there was a shot in which the batsman's hand came off the bat. Now, I have tried to replicate that shot (square cut i think it was) by hitting the ball early, hitting it late, hitting it early with max power etc but have not been able to replicate it. Does this mean that there are many more animations to batting in the full game than what we have seen in the nets?????

It looks more like the batsman was playing a cover drive looking at where his weight, hands and front foot are going.

Which ground is this? I can't remember where I've seen that old structure in the background.

http://www.planetcricket.org/wordpr...icket/preview-screenshots/screenshot3-png.jpg

There are many more animations in the game, particularly post shot as you can't go out in the nets and don't have scoreboard/wicket pressure so those related branches of animation are not in there, and of course we wanted to keep the size of the download down.

Last edited:
There are many more animations in the game, particularly post shot as you can't go out in the nets and don't have scoreboard/wicket pressure so those related branches of animation are not in there, and of course we anted to keep the size of the download down.

Scoreboard/wicket pressure affects batsman animation? That's pretty damn sick.

Scoreboard/wicket pressure affects batsman animation? That's pretty damn sick.

It makes sense when you look at that shot, the batsman is looking at the ball and expects that he'll be walking.

Hi Ross, been having a look at the beta, it does look awesome:) lots of detail...

one but, why is there Russia in there as a team, I didn't realise they had a cricket team?

Ross, since you have the license for the SCG, have you guys upgraded it with the new stand?

one but, why is there Russia in there as a team, I didn't realise they had a cricket team?

The Russian team is the only licensed team they have in the game. I'm guessing (maybe it was confirmed) that they were approached directly from the Russian Cricket Board and asked to have the team incorporated into the game.

Users who are viewing this thread