Post your questions about the game here!

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
hey guys. not been on for a while!:lol im thinking of getting a ps4 to replace my ps3 when is donBC likely to be out on next gen consoles??:wave

We don't know as yet.

In the meantime, shouldn't you be looking at changing your username? :)

ellgieff

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'm sorry if this has already been discussed. I'm in career mode and I'm constantly being run out by either going back and the batsman not grounding his bat or just running in general

Yeah, there are fixes in patch #2 for at least some of the runout issues (the fielders are apparently not quite so quick, and some fix for the not grounding is also reported)

*edit*
@HBK619, @BigAntStudios:

I don't know if this is WAD or not, so I thought I'd put it here instead of the bug report thread.

The attached video shows the first ball I received from a (relatively tired) medium pacer. The ball from the bowler's hand was yellow, and I'd have expected it to be a little fuller than the rank long-hop it actually turned out to be.

Last edited by a moderator:

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
In the meantime, shouldn't you be looking at changing your username?
I'd assumed he just liked these:
PFVTnUo.jpg

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
@ellgieff

What you are showing , I`ve mentioned a couple of times as well.

It happens alot on online mode as well , where the colour indicated when the bowler bowls , is not remotely close to what it ended up being.

I dont have an idea if it has been fixed in the patch.

ellgieff

Club Captain
@ellgieff

What you are showing , I`ve mentioned a couple of times as well.

It happens alot on online mode as well , where the colour indicated when the bowler bowls , is not remotely close to what it ended up being.

I dont have an idea if it has been fixed in the patch.

I'm not certain it's broken, which is why I keep asking if it's Working As Designed.

*edit for clarity* That's to say, it might be a situation where the colour shown is where the bowler is aiming the delivery - but that sometimes they get it so badly wrong that things like this happen. It might also be a genuine bug (where the colour shown is supposed to be where the ball is actually pitching).

Last edited:

saulman55

School Cricketer
Hey guys in really struggling wit sweep shots. I dont seem to be able to get any power behind them regardless of holding down the trigger for aggressive shots my player simply chips the ball. Is it my poor timing or have others had the same problem ?

ellgieff

Club Captain
Hey guys in really struggling wit sweep shots. I dont seem to be able to get any power behind them regardless of holding down the trigger for aggressive shots my player simply chips the ball. Is it my poor timing or have others had the same problem ?

You can't hit an aggressive sweep, don't bother holding L2.

It's entirely possible to hit a sweep for 4, it's just a matter of getting the timing exactly right.

Last edited:

Krokenoster

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

I personally have not had problems, other than it being my timing that is off at times, and I have sometimes noticed that I do need to move the footwork stick VERY slightly to the side the ball is heading towards.

If it's a straight to the wicket ball,keeping it straight down works fine, but when it does move to the leg side, I move my feet a little to the left aswell. And then it's all down to timing.

If it's a left hand bowler bowling over the wickets, again it's a different story, as the line of the ball works differently.....A ball on the wickets from a lefty over the wickets to a righty batsman, is not straight footwork forward (my opinion, and it has worked fine for me)

Monsoons101

Club Cricketer
Updating teams

Hey guys, I was just wondering if you have to manually update the best user created teams after the initial replacement when you first play the game? If I'm playing career mode does it keep the original lineups from when you first started the career? Or was it a matter of just changing the names from the fake names?

ciki

School Cricketer
So I read on other forums that when you arrange a tournament, you cannot select the stadium:eek: it So how this works? It's random selection or what? Can anyone explain this who played game on ps/xb?

ellgieff

Club Captain

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
It works for tours, but not tournaments - which continue to be played at the team home grounds.

Anyway - here's how it works for tours...
zbmYL67.jpg

96p5XeO.jpg

prakashsethia12

School Cricketer
Sick of quitters in online mode. I don't understand why they play online if they can't suffer loss. This guy corn in my horn used to post a lot about quitters and today when I was beating hell out of him he not only quit but blocked my psn Id also so that I can't message him. Sick people.. His planet cricket Id is AL_Amin

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread