Post your questions about the game here!

Game Mechanics

Alright, so I am around 40 hours into Bradman 2014 and still have some burning questions that I hope some people may be able to answer. One thing I still don't understand is the skills system. I know that I am getting +1 for various things, but when I look at the skills tab, I am unable to decipher my progress in skills. What does the number (+5, +13 etc) next to each skill mean and what is the difference when it is green and when it is blue? Also, how many +1's would one need in order for a skill to go up one full bar on the skills tab? What is the number at the top left mean (supposedly can be from 1-5 depending on your skill level, but I am still at 1 when most of my skills are near half way full).
Another question is about the changes in difficulty levels. Before you start career mode, there is a notice that difficulty levels will increase as you progress... So if I start a career on Pro, does that mean IPL/Big Bash would be level 4 (Veteran) and Internationals would be Level 5 (Legend)?
Also, does anybody know how to catch a ball in the game? The controls say it is the right analog stick, but am I supposed to move it in the direction of the ball or actually click it? Even though fielding is fully assisted in the options, I feel like in Career Mode my bowler seems to only catch 1 out of 10 potential caught and bowled.

Is it only my controller or the RAS 6 O' clock acts like R1 i.e when bowling,"flicking" RAS 6 O' clock changes the angle of attack?

Why do all my matches in career have the same umpire? I have 24 in the umpire roster in the CA, but it never changes. Does that only happen at Test level or something?

DBC14 PC vs Console?

So I was going to get DBC for console but some people are saying it's better on PC. Any advice? Maybe a comparison between PC and console version?

quick question, how do you manage to get seam bowling skill points? everytime I move the LAS to 3 o'clock angle I always get points for in swinging, Is this something I need to work on in regards to the LAS or will it come naturally as my bowler improves?.

Help the leave button ain't working i don't know why,It did work yesterday but somehow Idk not working today.. :| thats strange,my controller is pretty fine actually

Have you installed the latest patch?

noobie question here, i set the field then a few balls later it's switched by the ai to another field setting...anyway to stop the the game from using it's own field settings and to keep mine in play?

thankyou it works fine now...yes i have the latest patch

By the way I want to know what the r1+r2 with RAS has to do when we can already directly play a shot with RAS (albeit uppish) ?

I have a suggestion here

,If it is possible BigAnt may consider decreasing the "elevation" of shots played with RAS and decrease the shot power to make it work to take singles/doubles etc,it would be really awesome "I feel" especially in test matches ...in this way R1+R2 would have a proper use to play aggressive ground shots and R1 would remain for aggressive lofted shots (be it one bounce fours or sixes)...

those elevated shots really kill the realism of gameplay,Most of the time in cricket (even in T20's sometimes ) it is all about manipulating singles and doubles etc so RAS would be perfect for it I think...

Last edited:
How To!

How to use the PC controller! I have never used a controller in my life and although I have seen the diagrams of the controller, there isn't any place I can see which tells me what the different controls do and when to do them,!
For instance: How do I attempt to hit the ball? How do I go about bowling?
Do I press number 8 or one of the rotating handles
I was surprised that it is assumed everyone knows how to use a controller, there is no booklet in with the game as is the case with all games I have ever bought.
For any help Thank You from a helplessly puzzled Brit. Who loves his cricket.

steinbeck

There's no ball marker, you'd know that because there's no ball marker in the PS3 version either. Yes you can set up Indian domestic teams, you need to do that via the Academy. What's your SteamID?
Whats YOUR SteamID? :spy

Is that everyones siggy nowaday?

*insert keyboard warrior rant*...

tumbleweed.jpg

..Whats your Steam ID?

Apologies if it's been asked before, but am I correct in saying that once I've started a career, I can't edit field presets afterwards in the academy and then use them in my career?
It seems like it's the same as user created teams/players?
Which basically means I have to restart my entire career just to be able to create some different field presets?
Am I screwed and each time I'm bowling I have to change my field positions every single time?

Thanks in advance :)

(Edit: typo)

does that mean R3 is no longer the leave button, cause in pc version its still the leave button, though i can leave with A also, is there an option to turn R3 from acting as leave button.

Apologies if it's been asked before, but am I correct in saying that once I've started a career, I can't edit field presets afterwards in the academy and then use them in my career?
It seems like it's the same as user created teams/players?
Which basically means I have to restart my entire career just to be able to create some different field presets?
Am I screwed and each time I'm bowling I have to change my field positions every single time?

Thanks in advance :)

(Edit: typo)

You sure can do it. Just not while you are playing a match. If you edit then you wont see field changes until the next match. No need to restart career

Users who are viewing this thread