Post your questions about the game here!

Man of the match might need some work in future versions. Batsmen seem over valued by a long way.

I know it's an odd format, but fiddling around with a modified super over match type (3 batsmen available, 1 over per side) I was bowled out for 5 by Murali. Watson out for a golden duck, Hartley got 1* from 1 ball and Lynn 4 from 4 balls. Johnson bowled a wicket maiden.

Man of the match? Lynn for his 4 from 4, all from bad shots, one which should have been out and another that got him out.

----------

Gets better than that though, Watson playing for both sides in the next match (I made a tournament with all the IPL and BBL teams and didn't adjust any squads). Watson hit a six off Watson first ball, out the next ball. The side Lynn then gone for a duck, so Watson made 6 from 2 with the bat, and took 2 for 6 with the ball.

Johnson comes in, takes 2 wickets in two balls (both edges oddly enough), Watson being one of them. Man of the Match? Shane Watson, and judging by that record there, I'm guessing it's batsmen Watson for 6 off 2 balls.

Hi, my first post but this is driving me nuts! I got a demo from a magazine and bought the game that same night for $49 and not disappointed, finally a cricket game that is awesome! Well done Red Ant!

BUT, after playing career for a few days, getting my first club deal, then later my first hat trick and then 12 wickets and 50 runs in a test match (Amateur setting, I must admit), I just can't stand bowling anymore. Every second ball I hear: "He's given that a fearsome tweak!"

I do not want to switch commentary off, then the game becomes dead. Is there any way to remove that fearsome tweak "loop" so I don't lose my mind or stop playing career?

On a similar note, are there more than two commentators or do we always have to listen to the same?

Serious advice here - switch the commentary off. The sound and sound design in this game is phenomenal. Far from the game being dead without commentary, it comes alive.

I have been playing without commentary since about 2 weeks after getting it on Xbox, and have never used commentary on PC.

One thing about turning commentary off, the game doesn't give text notifications of things like too many bouncers per over, end of fielding restrictions, etc.

I have it on at the moment, but at a low volume.

Serious advice here - switch the commentary off. The sound and sound design in this game is phenomenal. Far from the game being dead without commentary, it comes alive.

I have been playing without commentary since about 2 weeks after getting it on Xbox, and have never used commentary on PC.

The guys here use the sound to work on their timing with the bat, the connection of the ball with bat has a distinctive sound based on how well you hit it.

The guys here use the sound to work on their timing with the bat, the connection of the ball with bat has a distinctive sound based on how well you hit it.

interesting i'll listen out for that!

is there an easy way to re-set the team lists for career mode without re-setting the whole academy?

Man of the match might need some work in future versions. Batsmen seem over valued by a long way.

I know it's an odd format, but fiddling around with a modified super over match type (3 batsmen available, 1 over per side) I was bowled out for 5 by Murali. Watson out for a golden duck, Hartley got 1* from 1 ball and Lynn 4 from 4 balls. Johnson bowled a wicket maiden.

Man of the match? Lynn for his 4 from 4, all from bad shots, one which should have been out and another that got him out.

----------

Gets better than that though, Watson playing for both sides in the next match (I made a tournament with all the IPL and BBL teams and didn't adjust any squads). Watson hit a six off Watson first ball, out the next ball. The side Lynn then gone for a duck, so Watson made 6 from 2 with the bat, and took 2 for 6 with the ball.

Johnson comes in, takes 2 wickets in two balls (both edges oddly enough), Watson being one of them. Man of the Match? Shane Watson, and judging by that record there, I'm guessing it's batsmen Watson for 6 off 2 balls.
We use a system that has to cater from short forms 5/5's to full blown 5 day test matches. It's impossibly to 'get it right' based on a 6 ball format.

As has been said before as well, it's arguable as to who would be deemed best even in your examples however.
interesting i'll listen out for that!

is there an easy way to re-set the team lists for career mode without re-setting the whole academy?
Not really 'easy' and I'm not sure exactly what you want to re-set them to (assuming default). But you could go through and un-link each player and team to get back to defaults.

That's really your only easy option without disrupting the rest of the Academy.

We use a system that has to cater from short forms 5/5's to full blown 5 day test matches. It's impossibly to 'get it right' based on a 6 ball format.

As has been said before as well, it's arguable as to who would be deemed best even in your examples however.
Not really 'easy' and I'm not sure exactly what you want to re-set them to (assuming default). But you could go through and un-link each player and team to get back to defaults.

That's really your only easy option without disrupting the rest of the Academy.

Thanks. No what I meant is - I switched the Aus domestic teams for other teams in the "career teams list" option - and also internationals for associate teams. Just want to set the list back to the default teams (not the teams back to default rosters)

I have it on at the moment, but at a low volume.

I've switched it back on, just to hear the name of my team...

Does the pitch actually make any difference in later days when playing career games using simming (or when simming games at all)? The run chases you see in the 4th innings are ridiculous, and when looking at Test matches that have been simmed, scores in general are obscene (in one Ashes Test Mitchell Johnson scored 110 and 202* as the Aussies scored over 1,000 runs).

Has anybody really noticed any difference in pitch conditions? And does the game display conditions at any point other than the start of the match?

When I try to play a Cover Drive (Far-Bowling Camera), the input from Right Analog Stick comes very late/never comes. I'm using Xbox Controller for PC and it is working fine on every other games. Anyone else facing this problem?

(Xbox) Error Loading Save Data

I have a problem in that I am unable to continue my Career. When I select my player I get the error, "ALERT Error Loading Save Data". I have no problems at all doing the initial "Setting Up Player" load after the game starts, or setting up a new and continuing a new career player. Is there any way I can get the career player I've spent many an hour on going again? I assume the file is corrupt but am certain I didn't power down the Xbox while the disc save icon was flashing. Save data is saved to a USB stick (1.4GB free) if that helps at all. Any help much appreciated.

i am having same problem on my windows can we have any fix for this??

Hi guys,

I request not to make fun of this. I need a sincere help in understanding this. Can anyone precisely explain me the catch technique ? For example what does Right Stick to be held in the towards the flight of the ball

wleDMLh.png

I request not to make fun of this. I need a sincere help in understanding this. Can anyone precisely explain me the catch technique ? For example what does Right Stick to be held in the towards the flight of the ball
Just to where the ball is relative to the fielder. Up is good enough for the majority of catches.

If you want to practice catching, just bowl at the AI and practice pointing the stick in response to every ball, to get in the hang of the direction thing.

can any one tell me does stumps go out of ground when someone got out because i have never seen it goes out when i bowled out someone please tell me i m confused

Users who are viewing this thread