Post your questions about the game here!

I have newly started playing this game. [First post]
I have one question.
In "Career Mode", how do i change the playing XI? I want to include my favorite international player replacing others.
Is there any way of doing it.
Thanks in advance.
You can do that only before starting it...

But here's my "flavour". A radar *is* realistic.

As a batter (in real life), you can easily take a quick glance around, and understand the fielding alignment set against you. It's something in your mind you impart instantly and with a quick glance, embed in your mind.

You can't do that as it stands now. While the game allows you to look around, it takes 4-5 seconds, and doesn't immediately update you if it changes (as it would if you were actually there...you know in real life). The look around mechanic in the game is a gimmick and would be much better used with a radar than it does now. This is a sports game, not a FPS.

A radar would actually be much more realistic that what we have now. A quick glance would give you the information you'd need to understand the field placement, (ie: just as in real life) without taking an unrealistic amount of time to slowly look around the field like you are standing at the edge of the Grand Canyon trying to take everything in.

In the game I do take a quick glance around, and understand the fielding alignment set against me. The bottom line here is that the long look around happens once - and after that it's just updates checking where I'm wanting to hit the ball.

Note also that in the meat, batsmen take way longer between deliveries than we're given in the game

And in the meat, I have been surprised by field changes I didn't notice. I've even seen players much better than me apparently surprised by fielding changes. It all feels realistic to me.

how do i view the attributes of the players in my team please?

i think the only way you can do this is to go to cricket academy.
choose players,then choose other players.
click edit on the player you want & check his attributes.
there might be an easier way though,but that's the only way i know.

One major Bug is still Left. where a throw comes from filed and the bowler take more time to hit the bowl to stumps. or same case where wicket keeper take too much time to hit stumps

don't know if this has been dealt with already, but ive try to change the texture files and the defaults are still showing in the game.. I have pasted them in their correct folders in the don bradman folder located in My Documents, and still seeing the defaults..has anyone else had this issue?

I have a quick question, it might be me but when I try to change the angle of the bowlers delivery it doesnt show you the bowler moving out wide or visa versa. Or does it?or does it show you anywhere before the bowler bowls on the actual game screen.

don't know if this has been dealt with already, but ive try to change the texture files and the defaults are still showing in the game.. I have pasted them in their correct folders in the don bradman folder located in My Documents, and still seeing the defaults..has anyone else had this issue?
What's your steam id?

And in the meat, I have been surprised by field changes I didn't notice. I've even seen players much better than me apparently surprised by fielding changes. It all feels realistic to me

I'm relatively ambivalent about a fielding radar - would like it but can live without it - but I have to say that in over 20 uniterrupted seasons of playing cricket, including at a pretty high standard, I have never heard a batsman say "dammit I got caught by the man on the cover boundary because I didn't notice him moving there from short cover after receiving a secret signal from his captain through a combination of subtle sign language and telepathy giving me no pror indication that the change in the field was going to happen..."

Which is what it feels like at times in the game...

Not saying it's never happened, just that I haven't experienced it...

It's not a matter of campaigning, it's a matter of resource and a long list of additions and emergent tasks due to fixes that need to be done.

Thanks Ross, so if I could ask a question then.

Was not including a radar in the game a decision from the start? There are people here who claim that it's exclusion from the game shows you didn't want one and that it's "unrealistic" in a simulation sort of game. I've yet to see a post that confirms that.

But your comment seems to show that's not the case and it's a matter of resources and it might be included at some point.

So, care to comment? :)

Thanks Ross, so if I could ask a question then.

Was not including a radar in the game a decision from the start? There are people here who claim that it's exclusion from the game shows you didn't want one and that it's "unrealistic" in a simulation sort of game. I've yet to see a post that confirms that.

But your comment seems to show that's not the case and it's a matter of resources and it might be included at some point.

So, care to comment? :)
As far as I know both keyboard support and field radar were decided to not be included...

I'm relatively ambivalent about a fielding radar - would like it but can live without it - but I have to say that in over 20 uniterrupted seasons of playing cricket, including at a pretty high standard, I have never heard a batsman say "dammit I got caught by the man on the cover boundary because I didn't notice him moving there from short cover after receiving a secret signal from his captain through a combination of subtle sign language and telepathy giving me no pror indication that the change in the field was going to happen..."

Which is what it feels like at times in the game...

Not saying it's never happened, just that I haven't experienced it...

*shrugs*

I give up. You guys win.

A fielding radar is an entirely necessary and normal part of batting, that's why batsmen always have dishes rotating on their helmets and cathode ray displays on the top of their bat. Now that we've got that out of the way, when do we get the pitch marker that appears for batsman in the meat, showing them where the ball is going to pitch?

As far as I know both keyboard support and field radar were decided to not be included...

Keyboard is not possible to implement well, radar was not included due to time/resources and also as a part of game balance.

Keyboard is not possible to implement well, radar was not included due to time/resources and also as a part of game balance.
But I like the way it is now as it brings the FEEL of a cricketer which no other game has done...I don't know how much profit you earned from the game but YOU SURELY HAVE EARNED A LOT OF RESPECT AND LOVE FROM THE GAME YOU HAVE CREATED....:D

Now back on topic where's the patch??;)

Users who are viewing this thread