Post your questions about the game here!

How important is pitch conditions to you guys? Does it really have a big effect in the game when batting/bowling?

How important is pitch conditions to you guys? Does it really have a big effect in the game when batting/bowling?
Personally haven't noticed any effect. The only times I think conditions may be harder is when facing a quick bowler with the new ball it seems to be hard to time. I've found it just as easy to smash runs on a worn day 4 pitch as on a fresh one though so I just ignore how the pitch animation looks.

Yeah I agree about the pitch conditions also, this game is amazing in so many ways but this part of the game is average. I would also like a 5 day test pitch to ware more realistic than in this game. I have only ever found a few options in the set up screen. I would like to start on a clean pitch and then see the pitch get worse over the 5 days, spin should be a lot harder on 5 day pitch than 1 day. This is on pro.

PS Just made 745 with 188* being my best on PS4 so far. Great fun.

I think there's certainly a difference in conditions though - spin in county matches vs spin in Aus domestic is totally different.

Like a lot of things, it looks like Big Ant have implemented these things, but done so 'realistically' rather than exaggerated enough for us to notice their impact most of the time - which means you really only tell the difference at either extreme.

The difference in pitch conditions is quite subtle as Matt says, you only really notice if you bowl a lot. The condition of the pitch doesn't appear to change as the match progresses though as 79 says. Uneven pitch does not appear to act accordingly though.

Here's something for you though, I have reduced swing and drift for all my bowlers. Inswing for example just setting it to one bar will swing the ball from off to middle while 2 bars will swing it from off to leg with the stock delivery. Any more than that and it goes miles down leg. By having swing set at such a low rating you actually notice a difference between a clear and cloudy day.

The same with drift, by having it reduced to zero you notice the turn more and it will still drift if you select the drift deliveries.

In the controls layout under

During bowl - pace

It indicates you can add swing with the LAS. I am in practice mode and dont see this working.

I tried moving the LAS during the bowl, after I pick the delivery during the bowl, after I set the RAS down and up.

It seems like it would be a bit of aftertouch but I see no difference in the bowls no matter when I try to use swing.

Last edited:
I think there's certainly a difference in conditions though

The reason I ask, is I sometimes feel that there is more bounce in certain games (not just for fast bowlers), and would like to know/figure out what happens on which conditions, so I can play accordingly......Any help with this would be appreciated.

Is the only way to know the condition at the start of the game, when the commentators say it, or can I check it during the game as well?

The reason I ask, is I sometimes feel that there is more bounce in certain games (not just for fast bowlers), and would like to know/figure out what happens on which conditions, so I can play accordingly......Any help with this would be appreciated.

Is the only way to know the condition at the start of the game, when the commentators say it, or can I check it during the game as well?

In relation to bounce a couple of balls bowled on a good length will let you know whether its hard or soft. As far as knowing whether the wicket is grassy, pristine etc you can tell just by looking at it once you have played the game for a bit. Save and exit at the beginning of the day then reload to check the weather if playing 4/5 day format.

I made 10 balls 50 runs in IPL and normally 16 balls 50 runs , Once I made 28 Balls 100 runs , in LEGEND MODE .

It is Very easy to make runs in first 5 Overs in 20-20 , Actually when I Play double Play with my brother it because very competitive to make runs because He used many Variations in Balling an set fielding accordingly .

Please make AI more intelligent to use more variation in Balling and fielding , even currently I could Play test at 100 strike rate ,

Hi Guys,

General question, im sure its been answered on here before but cant find the post.

In career mode are their any international tournaments like world cup etc? Or is it only tours between countries,

Thank

Hi Guys,

General question, im sure its been answered on here before but cant find the post.

In career mode are their any international tournaments like world cup etc? Or is it only tours between countries,

Thank
Only bilateral tours. No competitions.

just like to say loving game on ps4
one thing
havent seen a review yet
into 4th game in career
played pro 40 and four day matches
any suggestions?

You don't get them in those competitions because in real life they don't use them. If you played an international (you will eventually do that in your career) you would see the review system.

Users who are viewing this thread