Post your questions about the game here!

In online games difficulty depends on skills of your opponent.

I've not played online yet but in offline the difficulty is not only about the skills of the opponent. Eg. Footwork selection while batting and input selection when bowling are much more forgiving on lower difficulties. So there must be a difficulty level set for online in that regard surely?

How does the captaincy work in career mode?

Take Australia for example.

If you bat number 4, and get selected for Australia, I'm assuming you would take Michael Clarke's spot right? If that happens, who becomes captain of the team? Can you work your way up to captain?

I've not played online yet but in offline the difficulty is not only about the skills of the opponent. Eg. Footwork selection while batting and input selection when bowling are much more forgiving on lower difficulties. So there must be a difficulty level set for online in that regard surely?

In Online the default difficulty is somewhere between veteran and Legend (In terms of footwork etc)...But as @RoughSoul said, Online is a completely different than what you will ever experience even in legend Difficulty on Offline mode...As your opponents will try to exploit your weakness and they will be unpredictable (Unlike AI in Offline)

How does the captaincy work in career mode?

Take Australia for example.

If you bat number 4, and get selected for Australia, I'm assuming you would take Michael Clarke's spot right? If that happens, who becomes captain of the team? Can you work your way up to captain?

You earn captaincy, your performance will get you to be the captain, you don't just slot into someone's spot and inherit his captaincy

You earn captaincy, your performance will get you to be the captain, you don't just slot into someone's spot and inherit his captaincy
So if your career batter bats at 4 and you replace Clarke, does the game just give the captaincy to Haddin or something automatically?

In Online the default difficulty is somewhere between veteran and Legend (In terms of footwork etc)...But as @RoughSoul said, Online is a completely different than what you will ever experience even in legend Difficulty on Offline mode...As your opponents will try to exploit your weakness and they will be unpredictable (Unlike AI in Offline)
I wont agree with the footwork part as many would just place it straight regardless of the line of the delivery...Only the bowling assist meter is in the legend's zone apart from that I would say its on pro level only...
Some flaws I find in the play is:
-Outswing can be easily slogged without any edge..
-Incutter or outcutter are just like normal delivery though they do turn a bit but its not at all effective in the game
-Timing is a factor for the shots but bad timing doesnt go for edges, leading edges or even an edge for four would be good but none of them seem to be there...
-I do get the top edge when badly timed off a short ball which is great to see.
-The cross seam leg cutter just go very wide for a ball delivered straight and they are very difficult to control...I do bowl them a lot but most of them are closer to the wide line but umpire calls it wide all the time...

Last edited:
So if your career batter bats at 4 and you replace Clarke, does the game just give the captaincy to Haddin or something automatically?

The captaincy will be handed to another player, and you will need to work for it,,,I replaced AB in the ODI's and I was not given the captaincy, I worked my way up

Busy with work so haven't had time to try out the PS4 version. So to confirm, get best works but downloading teams individually doesn't?

Busy with work so haven't had time to try out the PS4 version. So to confirm, get best works but downloading teams individually doesn't?

As of last time I checked this morning, yes. BA tweeted me last week to say they had a fix made and going through testing so hopefully be out soon.

Users who are viewing this thread