Premier League 2008/09

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
Nearly picked him in mine too, as well as Cahill, but then went with cheaper alternatives as I was a few million over.

The press has twisted this comment so much. All he said was that they won't improve as footballers when they reach 30, which is true, pace is key to most players. However, the press come out and twist it, here is the initial article:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1037335/We-good-I-concerned-Chelsea--Ferguson.html

Ferie knows what he's doing.

On another topic, Possebon and two others have linked up with the pre-season tour. Reason I mention this is, look out for Possebon in the future, in the mould of Keane but with more skill and vision, very promising. YHIHF.;)

Is Possebon English? I know his name doesn't sound it, but we need some more young England players coming out of Utd.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
AJ's having a medical at Fulham. Fair play to the lad and we're making a profit of £3 million from him.

Now bring in Moutinho.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
The 11 million bid we made the other day was the starting bid; call it a signal of intent. When we've got rid of AJ we're gonna go in with the 18 million they want. And if the Portuguese papers are to be believed, Moutinho wants a move to Goodison. But then again, Portuguese papers aren't to be believed.

etho11

International Cricketer
Me personally i can't wait till the season kicks off. There has been so many transfers i just want to watch some football. Hopefully the Gunners can have another good season but at the moment they are making me scared. Wenger needs to buy some class.

thesweepmaster

Club Cricketer
Me personally i can't wait till the season kicks off. There has been so many transfers i just want to watch some football. Hopefully the Gunners can have another good season but at the moment they are making me scared. Wenger needs to buy some class.
Make sure he does after the West Brom game:p!

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
Bentley scores on debut as Spurs beat Celtic in Feyernoord Jubilee tournament 2-0

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
Did Arsenal just beat Real Madrid again? :)

Shame about Schneider though. Hope it's not too serious

PhilD123

International Coach
As we haven't got a pre-season thread, I'll say about tonight here, went to United vs Juventus which was preceded by one of the most farcical trophy parades I've seen. It basically consisted of half the team that played in Moscow and most that didn't, posing for one photograph with the trophies. There should have been an open top bus parade the day afterwards, however Rangers and Manchester City Council put pay to that one.

Here are a couple of photos:

On to the match, again awful game, poor football. Lit up by firstly Tevez, who has managed to somehow improve from last season and then Rafael Da Silva, who as a right back is absolute quality. However, what disturbed me most was Old Trafford tonight, horrible atmosphere, only songs were "Championies", "Stand up for the champions" and "United, United...". Then there were airhorns:noway, and I mean loads of them, they help the atmosphere like a shot in the head. And to top it all off, there was a mexican wave that everyone seemed to find so fun.

I know it was a friendly, and so there were going to be a lot of JCL's etc there, but it was cringe worthy.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
It's a disgrace that there was no parade! We hadn't won the CL for nearly ten years, for God's sake.

Users who are viewing this thread