Problems running the blic pc demo anybody?

Hey just wondering, for the crash after the first ball what versions are you guys using? The one with the commentary or without?

lyonring said:
Hey just wondering, for the crash after the first ball what versions are you guys using? The one with the commentary or without?

Without commentary one is crahsing for me ..

Hmm...you guys tried if the one with commentary crashes for you guys too?

Yes the one without the commentary just doesn't start it says general application error
enable debug output for detailed information

What type of demo release codies?????

But is possible that many people have all this problem with BLIC's demo????
What S**t demo realese is this???

:mad

ramana35 said:
This is what codemasters has to say when i contacted customer care reg game crashes after one Ball..........
Thank you for submitting your recent request to Codemasters Customer
Services concerning Brian Lara Cricket 2005.

Brian Lara Cricket 2005 has not been developed for, nor tested on,
laptop
computers. The reason for this is that most video and sound card
companies
sacrifice DirectX compliance for compactness and portability. Due to
this,
these manufacturers do not offer drivers that are optimized for
Direct3D
games, which means that you may have limited success in running Brian
Lara
Cricket 2005 properly.

The only thing we can suggest that you try is to make sure that you
have the
latest drivers for all of the laptop's hardware from the manufacturers
website. We are, unfortunately, unable to offer any more support than
this.

If you need further assistance, please reply to this email and INCLUDE

Kind regards
Chris
Codemasters Customer Services

Why cricket 2005 demo and fifa 2005 and nfl 2004 and nba live 2004 and nhl 2004 running veryvery well on my laptop?????
Codies must work more well to support all (pc and laptop how EA SPORTS)
Codies .......go to work!!!

N.B. My laptop is Compaq Presario r 3000 with nvidia geforce4/440 go 64mb
AMD 64 ATHLON 3200+ 512 MB Directx 9.0c

Not scuse CODIES you're must work more well !!! :mad

i've got both demos, installed them one after eachother, but again same one ball crash problem.

Codies really have to sort out this one ball crash problem. Rudeypooh, do you have an integrated graphics card?

I'm the same. Don't have a laptop, playing it on my desktop but no luck. Managed to get 2 balls once before it crashed. Have had no problems playing EA Cricket 2005 demo, or any other demo for that matter. I downloaded the commentary version

I cannot see the bowling speed bar....it is all broken up and colourless....but all other bars are perfect
I have Trident t64 32MB video card

any ideas what is wrong

laken said:
But is possible that many people have all this problem with BLIC's demo????
What S**t demo realese is this???

:mad

Why cricket 2005 demo and fifa 2005 and nfl 2004 and nba live 2004 and nhl 2004 running veryvery well on my laptop?????
Codies must work more well to support all (pc and laptop how EA SPORTS)
Codies .......go to work!!!

N.B. My laptop is Compaq Presario r 3000 with nvidia geforce4/440 go 64mb
AMD 64 ATHLON 3200+ 512 MB Directx 9.0c

Not scuse CODIES you're must work more well !!! :mad

hey buddy did u dowanload the commentry one or witouthout the commentry one for the demo./pls let me know./thanks

vibs89 said:
Well mine is

Mobile Intel(R) Celeron(R)
CPU 2.309 GHz
192 MB OF Ram
40 GB Hard Drive
ATI IGP 340M

I think Ur ram is the problem, try to get 512mb ram atleast (256mb is the min requirement); all Ur applications will perform better with a ram upgrade.

mani_2002001 said:
hey guys can anybody help me on this
im getting this error(see screenshot)
im gettin this when i click on launch
i have the following specs:
P4 1.6GHZ
256 MB RAM
Sis 650 Integrated graphics
plzz help me out!!
Both memory and graphics card can be a problem as U got integrated graphics card so its sharing Ur main memory; so ultimately U havent got 256mb memory which is the min requirement, so U need to add some memory 512 would be good and if then U have the same problem; try a better graphics card.

bhail256 said:
has anyone had problems with selecting anti-aliaising??? cuz everytime i bump it up(with any resolution), as i get into the selection screen the whole game freezes ... and i have to restart my pc.

p.s - cricket 2005 wrks on full resolution and 4x antialiaising and high detail and all that!
I have had the same problem with AA only when playin in the fulscreen mode, but when I played in windowed mode, no problems at all. Game freezes after about 10-20 mins with 2/4 x AA @ 1280 x 1024 x 85HZ.

ramana35 said:
guys ! it not working ,,it crashes after one ball is bowled,,,
i am running on my Laptop with following configuration
XP prof
Pentium 4 - 3.06Ghz
512 MB RAM
RADEON.IGP 345M
Ur integrated graphics card might be a problem :p

karolkarol said:
Guys could anyone give me a hand. I have installed the demo and everything is fine graphically etc except it is running very very slowly.
try it at 640 x 480 @ 60HZ with graphics detail low from the options menu and slowly increase details and see what happens

Last edited:
aprof can you give me a review on my specs If it will run Blic

here it is

2.60GHZ
40GB
3D intel extreme graphics AGP
256MB DDR for optimized performance

Will it run properly please tell me?

aprofromindia said:
I think Ur ram is the problem, try to get 512mb ram atleast (256mb is the min requirement); all Ur applications will perform better with a ram upgrade.

Both memory and graphics card can be a problem as U got integrated graphics card so its sharing Ur main memory; so ultimately U havent got 256mb memory which is the min requirement, so U need to add some memory 512 would be good and if then U have the same problem; try a better graphics card.

I have had the same problem with AA only when playin in the fulscreen mode, but when I played in windowed mode, no problems at all. Game freezes after about 10-20 mins with 2/4 x AA @ 1280 x 1024 x 85HZ.

Ur integrated graphics card might be a problem :p

try it at 640 x 480 @ 60HZ with graphics detail low from the options menu and slowly increase details and see what happens

Howerver the problem is one ...only one.......Codies have released very very bad demo, i hope that official BLIC is good................
How many people on this forum have get problem with ck2005 demo???More les than Blic 2005 sure.

Bye

Users who are viewing this thread