PS3/360 Versions Troubleshooting/Bug Reporting

Was the 6 Nations license when they were making games for EA? If so, I imagine that it would rest with them, rather than HB... At that level of licensing you really need a whole team of people working solely on that: lawyers, marketers, artists, licensing people, designers... It's a huge operation that I suspect would be well beyond HB without a bigger organisation helping.

think the last HB game was actually published by (y)our friends at 505! just literally going by the wikipedia page (with all that entails) it said they expected the 6 nations to be licensed because the last HB game had them - but as you say it's not necessarily HB that had the license.

if @BigAntStudios drop the Rugby Ball I suppose we can always call Fegan - the cricket ball in Ashes 13 bounced like a Rugby ball so we've already got a big part of the physics right there.

Well the HB game has a few things in common... Like Ashes 2013 was to be, they are going to be the first ever Unity game to be on PS3 at retail :)

Now how do I link to the SmashTV sound "Good luck..... you'll need it!"

Well the HB game has a few things in common... Like Ashes 2013 was to be, they are going to be the first ever Unity game to be on PS3 at retail :)

I see it's been delayed by 3 months until January (although why they wouldn't release it somewhere closer to the World Cup is beyond me). Here's a prediction: Those PS3 and 360 versions won't be there any more when the time comes: even aside from the technical challenges, commercially this Xmas is when next-gen will really start to take anyway.

I'll go one further and say that it might (and I'd suggest that it SHOULD) even be digital only. 2015 is the year for that changeover too, and they have form with the Golf Club...

Last edited:
think the last HB game was actually published by (y)our friends at 505! just literally going by the wikipedia page (with all that entails) it said they expected the 6 nations to be licensed because the last HB game had them - but as you say it's not necessarily HB that had the license.

Ah yes: they did the last World Cup game I think. Didn't know that it also had the 6 Nations license. Yeah, it would be the publisher that would handle all the licensing stuff and own those relationships I would have thought: too big a job for a developer (and generally not one they want to do!) :-)

I'll go one further and say that it might (and I'd suggest that it SHOULD) even be digital only. 2015 is the year for that changeover too, and they have form with the Golf Club...
Personally I can't see 'digital' taking off unless your average internet download speed increases. Some may argue that you can 'pre install' games before release but still, nothing beats having the old fashioned disc :)

The game is lagging pretty bad on ps3 compared to pc version. Anyone else have thee same issue?

The game is lagging pretty bad on ps3 compared to pc version. Anyone else have thee same issue?

When you say "lag", are you referiing to online gameplay? If not I don't really follow when you say the game is "lagging".

When you say "lag", are you referiing to online gameplay? If not I don't really follow when you say the game is "lagging".
I'm playing casual odi after updating the game and downloading all international teams from academy. By lag I mean its running slow compared to pc version which I've seen in many videos. I'm playing offline. The game updated to 1.3

Last edited:
I'm playing casual odi after updating the game and downloading all international teams from academy. By lag I mean its running slow compared to pc version which I've seen in many videos. I'm playing offline. The game updated to 1.3

Haven't played the game on PC so can't say but don't see any reason why the game would be any different in terms of gameplay speed on different platforms.

PC and PS3/XBox360 have the same latency, it is peer to peer, the lag (or not) depends on the connection between you.

The rule is that the lag will be as as great as the slowest part of the link between you and your opponent.

The relevant question for 'running slow' would be - what frame rate is the game getting on the consoles?

I get an easy 60fps on 1080p on PC - AFAIK the consoles are 720p - are they reaching 60?

Supplementary - if there was a theoretical PS4/Xbox One version, could that achieve 1080p at 60fps?

PC and PS3/XBox360 have the same latency, it is peer to peer, the lag (or not) depends on the connection between you.

The rule is that the lag will be as as great as the slowest part of the link between you and your opponent.
I will try playing it again today while disconnecting the ps3 from internet and will capture and post a video. I tried to play online at first by using my cellphone as wifi hotspot but it was taking some time so I quit and played a casual offline ODI after downloading some int teams and it was slow.

Is 1.03 update latest? I mean shouldn't it be 2.5 ?

Last edited:
I will try playing it again today while disconnecting the ps3 from internet and will capture and post a video. I tried to play online at first by using my cellphone as wifi hotspot but it was taking some time so I quit and played a casual offline ODI after downloading some int teams and it was slow.

Is 1.03 update latest? I mean shouldn't it be 2.5 ?

As I've said before, DBC will run better on PC than on consoles; isn't that the case with most of the games? It's well optimized and isn't graphically demanding and even a mid-range gaming PC can run it at 60fps with maximum graphics.

Users who are viewing this thread