PS3/360 Versions Troubleshooting/Bug Reporting

DevilzTutor

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
As I've said before, DBC will run better on PC than on consoles; isn't that the case with most of the games? It's well optimized and isn't graphically demanding and even a mid-range gaming PC can run it at 60fps with maximum graphics.

If it isn't that graphic demanding game then it shouldn't be really slow on ps3 (wait till I post a video). while other games like uncharted 3, God of War 3 are doing fine.

Plus this only occurred after latest patch as before updating the game it was as smooth as a video. I'm currently looking on youtube for a very recent ps3 gameplay video of DBC14 to see the difference.

Okay here's a video :

not uploaded by me but you can clearly see the lag. All I want to say is can it be possibly fixed in upcoming patch ? as I can't play the game like this the only option I have right now is to uninstall the 1.03 update and wait for patch 3 as because of this I'm unable to bowl. Thanks

Last edited:

fiction

County Cricketer
If it isn't that graphic demanding game then it shouldn't be really slow on ps3 (wait till I post a video). while other games like uncharted 3, God of War 3 are doing fine.

Plus this only occurred after latest patch as before updating the game it was as smooth as a video. I'm currently looking on youtube for a very recent ps3 gameplay video of DBC14 to see the difference.

Okay here's a video :

not uploaded by me but you can clearly see the lag. All I want to say is can it be possibly fixed in upcoming patch ? as I can't play the game like this the only option I have right now is to uninstall the 1.03 update and wait for patch 3 as because of this I'm unable to bowl. Thanks
We haven't done anything in patch 2.5 that would affect the fps, they are exactly how they were before patch 2.5. Besides, I'm unable to see any noticeable lag in this video, but that's not the point. Can you post a video of how it's running on your PS3?

DevilzTutor

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
We haven't done anything in patch 2.5 that would affect the fps, they are exactly how they were before patch 2.5. Besides, I'm unable to see any noticeable lag in this video, but that's not the point. Can you post a video of how it's running on your PS3?
I will, tonight as I have no capture device for ps3 but I'll do a cellphone capture.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I'm on PS3 and don't think the game's that laggy (due to fps issues) that you can't play. In fact patch 2.5 was a major improvement in fps area coz post patch 2 the game had major framerate and juddering/jitter issues, especially when the ball traveled in the outfield and occasionally when the bowlers were about to bowl.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
I'm on PS3 and don't think the game's that laggy (due to fps issues) that you can't play. In fact patch 2.5 was a major improvement in fps area coz post patch 2 the game had major framerate and juddering/jitter issues, especially when the ball traveled in the outfield and occasionally when the bowlers were about to bowl.
Absolutely right...:thumbs

DevilzTutor

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I made a video just now but it came up with 143 mb so couldn't upload it.. anyway I played this game on a friend's pc and I must say it's 20 to 25% faster than ps3 version. Yes it's playable but after testing pc version I'm considering pc version but it's too late now.. :( The bowling meter lags, fps drop on replays and wider shots etc. Well guess I have to keep playing it to get a hang of it. maybe.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It will be released when we think it's ready, without great warning. Best to forget about it so it's a surprise :)

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
It will be released when we think it's ready, without great warning. Best to forget about it so it's a surprise :)
So will it release at the same time for both Consoles and PC?? Or the same old reliable method of using PC version as the beta testers for the console version patch??
The latter is better one...

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
So will it release at the same time for both Consoles and PC?? Or the same old reliable method of using PC version as the beta testers for the console version patch??
The latter is better one...

Yeah I agree, despite having the game on console I'd like to see some updates for pc first so that it can be tweaked as felt necessary. There's still a lot that needs sorting from the bowling side of things.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Don Bradman Cricket 14 will have an update today for Xbox360 and Playstation3
Bug Fixes
- Fix for C&B being shown in Wicket HUD when not caught by bowler.
- Fix for fielders sometimes walking to the ball when fielding.
- Tuning desire to run of striking batsman if player is non-striker in Career.

1)Has happened to me 2 to 3 times now in the last few days...

2)They still do the walking, sometimes they run to the boundary for a ball coming to them, another one is they run in a zig-zag pattern for a ball coming straight to them...

3)They don't show any desire to run as far as I have played till now...

CaptainScouser

School Cricketer
[DOUBLEPOST=1410934236][/DOUBLEPOST]First thing - are the old Xbox360's working now?[/QUOTE]

And a big thanks to the guy who found the demo work around which you used to fix it. :clap

mrzdt

Club Captain
First comment in a couple of months..... Sorry if this has been said before.

DBC is a great game. There are two things that I would like to see if not in the next patch then in the edition.

Firstly, you should be able to adjust the difficulty in career mode as you please. DBC could do like FIFA where if you go below a certain difficulty you are excluded from the leaderboard/rankings. Some people care about those things, namely the guys in the top 10. The rest of us just want to have fun. Fun comes from being able to compete and getting a challenge. Start your career on too easy and although challenging at first, after year 5 or 6 it is going to be just easy even with one level up. Start it to hard and get frustrated. I do not get a lot of time to play games due to work, so if I have not played for 2 months or so I would like to adjust the difficulty downward. When it gets easy I can adjust it upward again.

Secondly, there should be more realism and features in career mode. Player rankings and team rankings could make a single Test match or even a dead rubber match more appealing if you know you can improve your rankings. Even if it is very simple rankings. Then international competitions like the world cup and champions trophy could make it a bit more interesting. Let older players retire and new ones come through an academy.

Lastly, what about a Test league? You could still have the rankings but what about once every 4 years a league where each team plays the other team home and away and points get given similar to first class competitions.

Gameplay is king. Players are not going to play a game over and over to look at the nice stadium or listen to the nice commentator talking. But make it interesting and rewarding and they will come back again and again.

mrzdt

Club Captain
One year ago, I was here every day to check for release date, now I come every week to see if there is news about patch 3

Users who are viewing this thread