PS3 Online Test Championship

ThandaMilk

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Gougie & I started a test match yesterday. We played for 2 and a half hours or thereabouts I think, and have managed only to complete an innings each.

Gougie batted first and scored 176 in 36 overs. I followed with a spineless 153 in 19, Vaas taking 6! G leads by 23. Screens to follow in full post match report.

One thing I can confirm - unless there's an option to break the match up at the end of every inning / 2 innings, I'm not going to have the time often enough to complete full test matches in one go. I can do it once in a while over a weekend morning or something, but certainly not during weekdays.

Gougie, mate, lets try and get the rest of it in later today or tomorrow (Sat) morning US time if that works for you.

lilas11

Club Cricketer
The option then is to play in breaks I guess.. my concern with taking breaks was quite often the game keeps stretching for a number of days however all 4 of us are online regularly and on concurrent times so I guess that wouldn't be a problem here. If someone can complete the whole test at one go it is ideal else it can be played in breaks too.

Also I think it would be a good idea to share messenger ID's to discuss match timings, breaks during a match etc... If you guys are ok with it let me know and I can send a PM to all with messenger ID's

I would also be posting the final rules of the test tourney shortly.

RIZZYX

International Coach
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
are u guys plannin a tourney other than this one and can there be only 4 teams here

I think there will be another T20 tourney some time soon, but as for this Test Championship then there is not a limit to 4 teams, so if you are intrested you are more than welcome to join.

I think perhaps 5 teams should be the limit

Last edited:

lonewolf5646

Club Captain
guys get the rules of the tourney regarding time constraints and how will u be finishing games sorted out so that i can decide on my participation

RIZZYX

International Coach
guys get the rules of the tourney regarding time constraints and how will u be finishing games sorted out so that i can decide on my participation

We will play each other when ever possible, and have to complete at least 1 innings of play at any one time, after the innings if one or both players want to end play they can just keep a record of the score for that innings and then continue with the match from where they left off next time the two players come across each other.

Because of this rule i think it would be wise to allow each player to play another test match whilst a previous match is on going for example of Aus and Srl beging a test and have a break between play after 2 innings, Aus can play Ind if Srl is not available, and then continue with Srl when ever possible.

So the time restraints are quite flexible.

gougie

Club Cricketer
Yeah, good idea RIZZY, about playing more than 1 match at a time, makes sense mate.

gougie added 3 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...

Gougie & I started a test match yesterday. We played for 2 and a half hours or thereabouts I think, and have managed only to complete an innings each.

Gougie batted first and scored 176 in 36 overs. I followed with a spineless 153 in 19, Vaas taking 6! G leads by 23. Screens to follow in full post match report.

One thing I can confirm - unless there's an option to break the match up at the end of every inning / 2 innings, I'm not going to have the time often enough to complete full test matches in one go. I can do it once in a while over a weekend morning or something, but certainly not during weekdays.

Gougie, mate, lets try and get the rest of it in later today or tomorrow (Sat) morning US time if that works for you.

Sorry mate. i couldn't get on lappy yesterday, this is the first time I've seen this message.

lilas11

Club Cricketer
RIZZY r we keeping bonus points?
Also is there a limit to number of days a match can stretch?

Last edited:

RIZZYX

International Coach
i will be SA

Ok will add that to the teams list, in the first post, I think that should be enough teams now for this championship, 5 active players should keep things moveing swiftly.

RIZZY r we keeping bonus points?
Also is there a limit to number of days a match can stretch?

With regards to bonus points, my opinion is we should leave that out, it will matters much more simple, but if you guys want it then i have no objection with it.

The point system that was used in your T20 tourney seems good to adopt into this aswell, but instead of 3 points make it 6 for a win, 3 for a draw, and 0 for a loss?

As for a limit on the number of days for a match, then my thoughts on it are as follows:

I think it depends on the situation of the championship as a whole, if we have games going on between players regularly enough it should be fine. If both players feel they cannot commit to their scedhuled game then they can opt to take a draw and be awarded with 3 points. Where as if 1 player has been willing to play over a lengthy period of time and the other player has not been able to oblige, then the former should be awarded the win for the match.

For me, I am looking at this championship as something on the sideline, I dont think it makes too much of a difference if it takes a few months to complete it.

Btw...Is anyone able to play later on today? After 10pm GMT?

Last edited:

gougie

Club Cricketer
RIZZY thats the best time for me to play from about 10-11pm im available most nights, i should be on about 11 pm tonight so hope to catch you later.
Thanda i carnt get on this afternoon but im available mon-fri in the afternoons, or late at night as ive stated above.

Last edited:

RIZZYX

International Coach
RIZZY thats the best time for me to play from about 10-11pm im available most nights, i should be on about 11 pm tonight so hope to catch you later.

Ok then if your not playing Thnada later today we will start the first of two Pak Vs Srl test matches.

ThandaMilk

Club Captain
All, I'll be on around 9PM UK time - anyone up for starting a test ping me. I should have a couple of hours so we could get at least a few innings in.

Gougie, mate if you're going to be online around the same time let me know - first preference obviously will be to complete our game. Cheers.

RIZZYX

International Coach
I'll be on from around 6pm UK time tomorrow, firstly plan to get the T20 final in with Lilas but ill be available for a Test match after that with any of you guys.

btw...Psymax has messaged me wanting to participate in this championship, although I thought maybe 5 teams was enough, i think we can stretch it to 6. I await his confirmation on this thread to add his team.

Users who are viewing this thread