Cheesesarni wins the inaugural Monty Burns Cup!

Are you interested in playing in the 2nd Edition of the Monty Burns Cup?

• Total voters
Once we know who will play gougie, I can ask them.

However we need an independent third party to look at the stats so far and make the odds. Care to be that man dutchad?

Once we know who will play gougie, I can ask them.

However we need an independent third party to look at the stats so far and make the odds. Care to be that man dutchad?

Yep can do though I don't have too much experience of that kind of thing and I'll try not favour cheesesarnie too much!:);)

Okay here are my initial thoughts: (if you don't agree go with your own thing!)

My odds are based on not only the results but also the way in which the results were achieved. I have gougie as a tight favourite based on his batting although to be fair on leftarmfast I think he is a strong bowler and probably didn't need to score too many runs to acheive his victories.

I hope that is a fair estimation of the situation. So gougie has proven himself to be able to score lots of runs; with leftarmfast we don't know yet as he maybe hasn't been tested to the same extent or bowled first in matches. Hopefully the upcoming semi will help to shed some light on that situation. If cheesesarnie wins the semi then the odds will change a bit based on his results.

So there are two scenarios:

Final between gougie and leftarmfast

gougie: 6/4
leftarmfast: 7/4

Final between gougie and cheesesarnie
gougie: evens favourite
cheesesarnie: 3/1

Tell me what you think.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think these are damn good, we need a third person who is distanced from the competition and since you have been following it, Id say these are the fairest odds we will get.

Ill ask the vbookie guys if they will put the odds up and will be good fun.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding the final, if the two parties agree to a 3 match series, then that will be the case. If it ends up being LeftArmFast vs Gougie, then expect a 3 match series, not sure how cheesesarni feels, have not got a hold of him in a while.

I think these are damn good, we need a third person who is distanced from the competition and since you have been following it, Id say these are the fairest odds we will get.

Ill ask the vbookie guys if they will put the odds up and will be good fun.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding the final, if the two parties agree to a 3 match series, then that will be the case. If it ends up being LeftArmFast vs Gougie, then expect a 3 match series, not sure how cheesesarni feels, have not got a hold of him in a while.

Great, hopefully the vbookie guys will run with it. Good luck with the semi. Still on this weekend??

Just sent cheesesarni a message. I have an unusually free Saturday so am available all day, just hope he does not want to play early UK time as that would mean I would have to wake up before 8 am on a Saturday, a cardinal sin in my religion.

Based on this tournament very good odds, but if you take the odds from the games me and lefty have played against each other then no because i like to gamble and would bet big on lefty, and not because i am going to let him win, just purely based on past results between us.

gougie added 10 Minutes and 28 Seconds later...

I know i am involved in the final ,but these would be my odds.

LeftArmFast 6/5
gougie 13/8
cheesesarnie 5/1

With me and lefty in the final

LeftArmFast 4/5
gougie 15/8

with me and cheesesarnie, same as you dutchlad.

gougie added 6 Minutes and 21 Seconds later...

Also agree could spice the finals up abit, and yes i will play the best of 3, im sure cheesesarnie would also.

Breaking News

cheesesiarni 171-8
LeftArmFast 167-9

cheesesarni stuns LeftArmFast in the upset of the tournament!

cheesesarni won the toss and elected to bat, he batted very fluidly, not taking excessive risks and destroying LeftArmFast over long off and long on. LeftArmFast did not help his cause by bowling numerous no balls and was basically thrown off his bowling plan by cheesesarnis initial attack.

cheesisarni finished at 171-8

LeftArmFast started off well, keeping up with the run rate for the duration of the match, however consistent wickets saw the pressure building and he was left batting with Albie Morkel and the tail for the last 4 overs. It came down to needing 22 off the last 2 overs, Hilfy was attacked in the 19th and 9 were needed off final over. Albie Morkel fell in the 2nd ball of the final over and Ntini needed to hit the winning runs , which was not to be.

LeftArmFast finished at 167-9

gougie vs cheesesarni in a 3 match series for the final.

A very well played match by cheesesarni who ends LeftArmFast's winning streak and now looks to be the favorite for the tournament.

Good luck to the finalists and there is no deadline, take your time and update us frequently, we all wait with bated breath.

Your right mate, when cheesesarnie phoned me up ,and told me he had beaten you, i was stunned.
All the best to cheesesarnie in the final.

Cheesesarnie!!:eek::eek::eek:

Wooohooo! What a win, what a win.

Great game guys. Befitttiing a semi-final.

Now the odds will need to be looked at more carefully!

:banana2:happyGo the Great Lord of Cheesey Delights!!!!:happy:banana2

Cheesesarnie!!:eek::eek::eek:

Wooohooo! What a win, what a win.

Great game guys. Befitttiing a semi-final.

Now the odds will need to be looked at more carefully!

:banana2:happyGo the Great Lord of Cheesey Delights!!!!:happy:banana2

I already submitted a request for

Gougie even

Cheesesarnie 3/1

If the actually put the odds up I would not like to push our luck and ask for them to be changed. Really hope they do put them up, I am a gambling degenerate if you cant tell ;)

I already submitted a request for

Gougie even

Cheesesarnie 1/3

If the actually put the odds up I would not like to push our luck and ask for them to be changed. Really hope they do put them up, I am a gambling degenerate if you cant tell ;)

If they hold those odds all my vcash is going on my man!!!:)

How you feeling about the game hmarka? Must have been a bit of a shock? Did you play well though, are you happy with the way you played?

How you feeling about the game hmarka? Must have been a bit of a shock? Did you play well though, are you happy with the way you played?

I am still in amazement at what happened this morning. I think 3 things led to my downfall and my first loss in a long time :

A) First and foremost, I underestimated cheesesarni, he played the game really well basically, hit all my bad balls, did not give me free run outs, bowled tight. He gave me absolutely no margin for error.

B) Picking Johan Botha, I picked as an extra bowler, but seeing the way cheesesarni was playing the seamers I knew he would go for 20 plus in an over so did not bowl him. This cost me as I had a really long tail and could have used the extra batsman, instead I had to try to score the last 30 odd runs with Albie Morkel and the tail.

C) Extras, I bowled more than 5 no balls which cheesesarni dispatched with glee. This cost me about an extra 20-30 runs which could have been the difference.

No excuses though, cheesesarni was the better player and he won the game. End of story.

As for the betting odds, I really hope they allow the bets, and my money is going on Gougie, its a 3 match series and experience to come out in front of new talent I say.

It means that if you bet $100

for Gougie you would win $100

for Cheesesarni you would win $300

it should actually be Cheesesarni 3/1

Users who are viewing this thread