Aslett wins the champions trophy...

for that u wud have to loose and that will take some doing from an australian (newzeland in ct) who might lag alot lol
yo i desperately need to play a twenty 20, lets play tonight around 9-10 pm my time..
also when u get time open the thread for monty burns season 2

I'm actually surprised how little lag there has been for my games so far... being Aus and all my opposition to date being USA. Not saying it's lag-free, but I expected alot worse.

And nice to see the tournament chugging along - so far it's been a blast and thanks for letting me take part ;)

Im interested to see how Enigma goes agains cheesesarni.
Hope to play Aslet tomorrow or late tonight :)

Im interested to see how Enigma goes agains cheesesarni.
Hope to play Aslet tomorrow or late tonight :)

Replace "interested" with "nervous" and I'd echo those sentiments :/ hehe

Looking forward to it though :p

Well done to everyone whos got through to the semi-finals, and good luck, and thanks to xtremexdesix, for setting another well organised tourney up.:clap:clap:clap

LeftArmFast (WI) 95 all out
Aslett (NZ) 97-5 or 6

NZ through to finals, LeftArmFast chokes in the semis again :doh

Aslett kept a very tight field and quick wickets put LeftArmFast quickly on the backfoot. Losing 5 wickets in the powerplay and having a very long tail, LeftArmFast was fighting from behind the entire time.

Asletts started off batting aggressivly, and chasing only 95 he put up almost 40 runs before the 1st wicket fell. LAF was never in it and a comprehensive win for Aslett, who will prove a worth opponent in the final.

Funny similarities here with the MB Cup, cheesesarni came late and swept the tournament, and Aslett joined as a late replacement.

Last edited by a moderator:
SA (Cheesesarni) beats Aus (E-N-I-G-M-A) comfortably.

Aus AO - 65 (14.3overs)
SA won by 5 wickets - 5/66 (10.1overs)

The game didn't really last long enough for me to carry any real highlights that I can think to share unfortunately... except both losing wickets first ball of our innings which says alot for the match in general.

Very well played too Cheesesarni, a good display of power hitting in difficult circumstances towards the end - well done ;)

The final

South Africa 121 all out 19.2 overs
New Zealand 122/4 13.4 overs

New Zealand win by 6 wickets

After a knocking 22 off the first over SA looked in good shape and reached 52/2 from the first 6 thanks mainly to G.Smith ( 57 from 37 balls ). They continued at a steady pace but some outstanding bowling in the middle overs saw wickets fall on a regular basis and with a tight field and good variations NZ restricted SA to 121 all out from 19.2 overs.

New Zealand came out looking to dominate the bowling and despite a couple of early wickets the ball was being dispensed to the boundry no matter what SA tried. The win came 13.4 overs in.

Well played aslett what a great game. Really enjoyed the tatical side off it and was just outclassed on the day. Congratulations :hpraise

Congrats Aslett great tournament debut, thoroughly deserved, after knocking LAF and cheesesarnie out.:clap

congrats aslett well played tournament.. so in this website who ever joins the tournament late wins.
lol

xtremexdesix added 1 Minutes and 21 Seconds later...

Thanks everyone for keeping this tournament clean and everything went smoothly. Thanks to all who have joined and cheered, looking forward for the monty burns season 2 and uk t20

Great tournament xtremedesix, well organized and good fun picking teams.

Congrats Aslett, and thanks to everyone else for playing fair and participating.

Users who are viewing this thread