Cheesesarni wins the inaugural Monty Burns Cup!

Are you interested in playing in the 2nd Edition of the Monty Burns Cup?

• Total voters
I am still in amazement at what happened this morning. I think 3 things led to my downfall and my first loss in a long time :

A) First and foremost, I underestimated cheesesarni, he played the game really well basically, hit all my bad balls, did not give me free run outs, bowled tight. He gave me absolutely no margin for error.

B) Picking Johan Botha, I picked as an extra bowler, but seeing the way cheesesarni was playing the seamers I knew he would go for 20 plus in an over so did not bowl him. This cost me as I had a really long tail and could have used the extra batsman, instead I had to try to score the last 30 odd runs with Albie Morkel and the tail.

C) Extras, I bowled more than 5 no balls which cheesesarni dispatched with glee. This cost me about an extra 20-30 runs which could have been the difference.

No excuses though, cheesesarni was the better player and he won the game. End of story.

As for the betting odds, I really hope they allow the bets, and my money is going on Gougie, its a 3 match series and experience to come out in front of new talent I say.

Well the scores suggest it was a very realistic match and a nailbiter. Just shows what this game potentially can be and hopefully the up-coming patch will enable online to be more competitive as well.

The interest in the finals is amazing, many PC members are risking their hard earned vcash.

Betting will close 8pm Central US time , Monday , September 21st. (I think its 6 hours behind London time)

so far :

Number of bets placed : 31
Total amount staked :12,023,351

Link to bet is in the post above.

Game 1 about to start.

We love you Sarnie we do, we love you Sarnie we do.....:happy:banana2:)

(Good luck to you too gougie! Just having a bit of fun! I have adopted Cheesesarni as my main man; it's the name you see. I can't help it!)

Last edited by a moderator:
what does it mean.... dont know how betting works

3/1 for every 1 staked, 3 will be won.

1/3 for every 3 staked, 1 will be won. This is know as odds on.

It is worth noting that with a winning bet, you get your stake back.

The example odds can be expressed as a number.
3/1 = 4.00
1/3 = 1.33

The stake is included in the numerical format.

------------------------------------------------------------

oh! sounded like a great semi-final. Congratulation to cheesie. Also a premature 'well done' must be said to LeftArm on running a sucsessful tourney, nice.

good luck with the finals peeps.

Last edited:
3/1 for every 1 staked, 3 will be won.

1/3 for every 3 staked, 1 will be won. This is know as odds on.

It is worth noting that with a winning bet, you get your stake back.

The example odds can be expressed as a number.
3/1 = 4.00
1/3 = 1.33

The stake is included in the numerical format.

------------------------------------------------------------

oh! sounded like a great semi-final. Congratulation to cheesie. Also a premature 'well done' must be said to LeftArm on running a sucsessful tourney, nice.

good luck with the finals peeps.

Mmm without wishing to bea complete ice cube rack I would suggest your initial numbers are a tiny bit wrongette:

3/1 would be 3.00
1/3 would be 0.33

As the initial stake is never posted in the numbers themselves, but maybe that is what you meant to say anyway. It's not a big deal.:) I think we are both right!:D

Cheesiearni wins the finals 2-0 and is crowned champion of the inaugural MB CUP!

Full details in first post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done cheesesarni and everyone who has played in this tournament. It's been great fun following it and hats off to hmarka for organising and judicating the proceedings so well! Looking forward to the next one! Cheers guys!:)

Well done cheesesarnie too good on the day mate , back to the drawing board for me, and a big well done to Hmarka on a great tournament.:clap:clap:clap

Well done cheesesarnie too good on the day mate , back to the drawing board for me, and a big well done to Hmarka on a great tournament.:clap:clap:clap

You have been a great sport with this one gougie. Unlucky mate but it has been lots of fun following this one! Cheers!:)

Hmkara you have made awesome tournament want to take part in it ???

Wow gougie demolished in2 games. this cheesearnie dude must be a complete GLUE :laugh if he can destroy gougie like that, as gougie is a top player

Wow well done Cheesesarni, that's pretty much a domination.

Users who are viewing this thread