Aslett wins the champions trophy...

Not wanting to just "p*ss in someone's pocket" (is that slang allowed?), but imo Hmarka is definitely the best player I've played to date and even though I felt it was a disappointing, slightly uncharacteristic showing from myself, can honestly say I feel the result would have been the same anyway (just would have preferred it to be a bit closer lol)

For myself way too many extras early (I think it was 3-4 no balls to start off with - wth), a dropped catch at key point in the innnings which turned into a 30run turnaround roughly.... so I gifted maybe up to 50 runs :facepalm

... then batting I never really got settled or got my timing right for the whole innings, partly due to the great line and length bowling from Hmarka, partly due to my own inability to adjust hehe - imo a very comprehensive victory to Hmarka, well done!!

I look forward to playing you again soon (and watching you play has given me a few more ideas I want to experiment with with my bowling) ;)

So thanks again for the fun game and also look forward to playing the rest of you soon :D

Yo Xtreme gg yesterday, rematch anytime for casual play bro it was fun!

Also can't wait to play others, this is no doubt a great tournament you've set up man.

params can we play our match on saturday? just pm me with what time.

I get home from work today (Sunday) at 10 pm EST, can play by about 11 pm EST

Wow what a low scoring match between gougie and cheesesarni.

Params7 and I will most likely play tonight so that will be all of my Group matches complete.

Any word on whether Aslett has played any of his matches?

I asked Aslett earlier when he is free to play our game, and hes unavailable untill the end of the week , due to having maxed out his internet for this month.

october is in 3 days so we shdnt have any problem. but people from round 3 will have to play more games, just try to get in touch with aslett and pm me the results

another result is in
Legendboy beat Cheesearnie in a low scoring thriller.
check first post

Wow, sounds like a good match. Cheesesarni is more than capable of scoring over 109 against wide-line but sometimes frustration gets the better of us.

Good tournament so far, hopefully Aslett can play all 3 of his games quickly once the start of the month arrives.

ya group b looks actually very good. just like in champions trophy
each team winning one and loosing one. lets see how good aslett is and what happens with group b, so far it looks even..

Enigma is waiting to play Params right now, I will play him after just to follow the scheduling. My match with Params is one of the last matches in group stage, so will wait until params and enigma play each other first.

Just played match against Params earlier.

A see-sawing battle, with both of us looking to have the upper-hand at times, but luckily I scored just enough runs to hold onto the game and score my first victory in the tournament (phew)

After losing the toss and being sent in to bat, 3 quick wickets to the Indian quickie, and things looked dire with Aus 3/15(less) after a few overs.... again I treated Pointing with no respect and he fell cheaply for a duck (Pointing yet to score a run in this series and looking like he needs :help)

Clarke & D.Hussey then settled the ship with a good partnership, and both unlucky not to get half-centuries - both dismissed for 44 :crying but nevertheless, what proved to be a match winning partnership.

India batted very well in the early going, with an early run-out being the only wicket for a long time... until Siddle managed to snare a couple of wickets at the bowling change, and put some pressure back onto India.

The crucial moment for India occurred when White was brought on, just as India needed to start lifting the run-rate, and snared 2 wickets in his first over to get into the tail.

At this stage Aus looked to have the game well in hand, though a late wag in the Indian tail, saw Balaram I think take to White's second over, and build the score back to a reasonable total.

But all in all, a thoroughly enjoyable match, hope we can play a few more soon :)

Aus - 8/173 off 20 overs
India - 9/155 off 20 overs

Screenshots attached.

Attachments

• AusVsIndSummary.jpg
    AusVsIndSummary.jpg
    705.4 KB · Views: 16
  • AusVsInd(AusBatting).jpg
    AusVsInd(AusBatting).jpg
    742.3 KB · Views: 8
  • AusVsInd(IndBowling).jpg
    AusVsInd(IndBowling).jpg
    658.1 KB · Views: 7
  • AusVsInd(IndiaBatting).jpeg
    AusVsInd(IndiaBatting).jpeg
    752.4 KB · Views: 3
  • AusVsInd(AusBowling).jpeg
    AusVsInd(AusBowling).jpeg
    730.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
seems the semi spots will go down to the wire. Dont think anyone is guarenteed yet

Users who are viewing this thread