Purchasing IC10 Online

No its not strange at all, they are different countries with different taxes, tariffs and trade regulations.

I think I may know why that's the case - Canada is part of commonwealth and Queen is still the head. Can't think of any other reason as US/Canada generally go hand in hand for most of the things. Else it would be akin to a website delivering to France and not to Germany (plausible but highly improbable).

No its not akin to that at all because Germany and France are in the EU. They have no trade restrictions and use the same currency.

Canada is not the US, as much as you hosers like to think it is. :p

No its not akin to that at all because Germany and France are in the EU. They have no trade restrictions and use the same currency.

Canada is not the US, as much as you hosers like to think it is. :p

Nope Canada is not the US, which I am really thankful for :), but they more or less have similar regulations in terms of trade & commerce

For Uk do ShopTo send out the games early?
cause i read on there, 3 working days after they will send out a new copy :D
anyone have any problems with them ?

You refer to their pre order policy where if you haven't recieved the game within 3 days of release they send out a new copy and give you some credit towards future purchase. Details here - ShopTo's Guarantee

Used them a lot in the past 18 months, never had a problem. Last game I ordered from them took 21 hours from ordering to playing. Previous pre orders ( Op Flashpoint DR, AC09, MW2 etc ) all arrived on the Tuesday before release date. I can only tell you how they've treated me and so far they've been excellent. I would advise you all to avoid the order by text facility though, far too easy to buy games. Costs a bloody fortune and the wife won't like it. Trust me.

Used them a lot in the past 18 months, never had a problem. Last game I ordered from them took 21 hours from ordering to playing. Previous pre orders ( Op Flashpoint DR, AC09, MW2 etc ) all arrived on the Tuesday before release date. I can only tell you how they've treated me and so far they've been excellent. I would advise you all to avoid the order by text facility though, far too easy to buy games. Costs a bloody fortune and the wife won't like it. Trust me.

Hi read what you said so ordered mine , do you pay for fast delivery ?

Preordered the PS3 version from HMV as well. Looking to be an extremely promising game indeed, especially with the Action Cam and other features.
Nope Canada is not the US, which I am really thankful for :), but they more or less have similar regulations in terms of trade & commerce
Canadian customs have very different regulations from U.S. customs, and have been known to be quite stringent at times as well. I've heard of shipments being delayed for lengthy periods at the Canadian border, especially imports, and then there are the various taxes (e.g. VAT, which doesn't apply to the US but does to Canada) as well.

Preordered the PS3 version from HMV as well. Looking to be an extremely promising game indeed, especially with the Action Cam and other features.

Canadian customs have very different regulations from U.S. customs, and have been known to be quite stringent at times as well. I've heard of shipments being delayed for lengthy periods at the Canadian border, especially imports, and then there are the various taxes (e.g. VAT, which doesn't apply to the US but does to Canada) as well.

Yup understand that the customs & regulations are different for Canada & US. But the point I was trying to make with France & Germany example earlier was that even though both France & Germany are part of EU they still have different laws, rules, customs & regulations but you will still find that a website which ships to one will generally ship to the other.

Similarly was expecting web sites to have a similar regulation/policy in place for shipping stuff to North America. For example, cd-wow, play.com, gameplay.co.uk, dvd.co.uk, hmv.com ship to both the countries whereas some web-sites/companies like amazon.uk don't ship to either. So far I have come across companies which have a similar policy for both US & Canada in terms of shipping or not shipping to these countries. ShopTo was the first website/company I heard of which only ships to one of the US/Canada countries and that's why I found it surprizing.

Was more curious than anything else and would love to know the exact reason and think it's more to do with internal company policy than regulation/customs related :)

The shops that ship to Canada and not the US are usually in the UK only. Don't know if that means anything but its something I have noticed.

We can't use most of the cool UK stuff, from AmazonUK to BBC media to Sky player to bet365.

:(

Hi read what you said so ordered mine , do you pay for fast delivery ?

Nah mate. Free delivery in UK if you're not fussed about recorded delivery, I've never bothered for single games as they slide through the letterbox easy enough.

It's possible to send out recommendations of games from there and if someone orders using it you earn a ?1 shop credit too. Wait........... Damn it! I should have done that.

Nah mate. Free delivery in UK if you're not fussed about recorded delivery, I've never bothered for single games as they slide through the letterbox easy enough.

It's possible to send out recommendations of games from there and if someone orders using it you earn a ?1 shop credit too. Wait........... Damn it! I should have done that.

i paid the ?6 for the fastest delivery here is hopingi get it early :hpraise

I'd be very surprised if it made any difference speed wise tbh. Mind you, I play on the same cricket team as my postie so he does tend to look after me. ;)

Anyone ordered from Amazon , i'm prime member with them so will get it release / on the day as they will ship once stock arrives!. :D

Could someone please tell me whats the best way to order online from Australia, considering my credit card only accepts dollars and not euros.

Preferably pre-order.

Cheers :-)

Users who are viewing this thread