Reformed Smokers

Highlander999

ICC President
Hi there guys :)

I'm finally trying to give up smoking after my GF told me she really hates it and it also being far too expensive. Now I don't really know what are the best methods to help me in giving up. Should I use patches, the gum or go cold turkey? Any of you guys out there who quit got any advice for me?

Cheers for any help :cheers

I'm finally trying to give up smoking after my GF told me she really hates it and it also being far too expensive. Now I don't really know what are the best methods to help me in giving up. Should I use patches, the gum or go cold turkey? Any of you guys out there who quit got any advice for me?

Unfortunately I can't help you I don't really know many people who have been through the same thing but good luck and make sure you really stick with it!

Shouldn't have started in the first place :noway

But I guess there's no going back and trying to change the past, and look to better yourself for the future! I think nicotine gum is the best way, from what i've learned in health class.

Tom smokes? What the fudge.

Anyway, try the patches. Can't hurt surely.

Very easy.Just you need 2 weeks for that,if you follow my advice.
Just buy two things,one Nicotinic Patch and Diazepam.
Now Every every night first put 2 Patches anywhere on your hand and take one Tab of Diazepam 100mg,make sure you sleep 7-8 hours.
After 3 days reduce patch number by 1 and take half tab of Diazepam.
After 1 week use 2 patches a week in a gap of 3 days and stop taking Diazepam.

After 2 weeks,you will forget to smoke,trust me,if you don't smoke in between. ;)

Very easy.Just you need 2 weeks for that,if you follow my advice.
Just buy two things,one Nicotinic Patch and Diazepam.
Now Every every night first put 2 Patches anywhere on your hand and take one Tab of Diazepam 100mg,make sure you sleep 7-8 hours.
After 3 days reduce patch number by 1 and take half tab of Diazepam.
After 1 week use 2 patches a week in a gap of 3 days and stop taking Diazepam.

After 2 weeks,you will forget to smoke,trust me,if you don't smoke in between. ;)

But I grow an extra head :p

Ok, a lot of weird names there which I'll have to check with my doc first (no offence mate :))

I thought you didnt smoke.....Anyway I smoked for about 2 years straight, this year luckily I got a really bad cold for like 3 weeks which didnt allow me to smoke, and here abra kadabra I havnt smoked since and don't feel the temptation.

I thought you didnt smoke.....Anyway I smoked for about 2 years straight, this year luckily I got a really bad cold for like 3 weeks which didnt allow me to smoke, and here abra kadabra I havnt smoked since and don't feel the temptation.

LOL, I just try and contract something then. TB or MRSA should do the job :p

Aye, I know what you mean. I wouldn't say that I'm a really heavy smoker. It just I've noticed I've started smoking a lot more especially due to the exams :mad

It's really hard to give up, I have tried it many tmes.

Lol Stu ^^.

Erm, yeah it is really hard to give up I've tried many times and it just doesnt work unless your a hermit and your parents dont know.

Users who are viewing this thread