Release in North America + Preorder Prices?

North America is difficult as no retailers want the game at all, please be patient as I know it is coming to you and it will be soon.

Tru Blu have spent time making sure you get it - it has not been easy for them.

----------

That's not reasonable at all, it is theft.

Hmm... Couldn't TruBlu just open a seller account with Amazon and Ebay. Then sell the game as an unofficial yet "official retailer" on their site. I know anyone can become a seller through them.

I think, I have figured out the problem right here, TruBlu does not want to give Amazon or Ebay their chunk of the profit as there might be some negotiations going on between the publisher and the retailer. All this is due to your comments stating TruBlu never reduces their price of their games.

For some the folks here, please check Pachter's analysis on how much retailers, publishers, developers cut into a 60 US dollar game.

This was exactly what I was worried about happening. TruBlu was adamant on releasing the game in all regions at the same time/date. I was saying back then this would be very difficult and you refuted that TruBlu have 30 years of experience of publishing games... Now we are here with some folks being able to easily get the game and some folks in other important (UK) and not important (USA) territories having difficulty with little concrete information except for your posts here.

Also most folks ie. causal audience who would be interested in the game as well in North America don't know about the game because TruBlu did not advertise it at all even for an extremely small budget. I have seen small publishers ie. Atlus do a more respectable job at this.

Only if you advertised the game even through Facebook, youtube, twitter, and other gaming sites. The casual audience (a lot of immigrants from Pakistan, West Indies, India, Bangladesh, UK) would have went to their local Gamestop to ask/bug them about it. Then their local district managers might have been more accepting of the game.

I am just saying this as someone who is going to buy the game, but I am a bit disappointed as I have told a few of my friends about this game and they wanted to order it on April 1st.

LetsTango is pretty Ridiculous.

I am not going to pay 120 Dollars for a 60 Dollar game. It isn't worth the trouble.

Just be patient guys, waiting 1 extra week probably won't kill you. Sooner or later someone will post the game listing be it whether on Ebay or Amazon.

USA is not a cricket market and just understand that. Just be patient and wait for the game.

North America is difficult as no retailers want the game at all, please be patient as I know it is coming to you and it will be soon.

Tru Blu have spent time making sure you get it - it has not been easy for them.

Thank for the update Ross but shouldn't the retailers be lined up in advance instead of 2 days before the official release date of April 3rd ?

I know it is not Big Ants issue but what's the point of creating the best cricket game of all time if people cannot get it :)

Doesn't matter who is to blame. In the end its a loss for everyone. Companies spend millions of dollars to get customers here customers are anxiously waiting for the game and the developer/publisher doesn't seem to care.

For me (and thousand others) a simple choice.... pirated game in a day or two or original on an UNKNOWN date?

How can you justify piracy for not knowing a date? That is bad and something I absolutely abhor. To jump from having the game later to pirating it is absolutely terrible thing to do. This is pure cheap theft. I would rather forgo playing the game than pirate it and cost the developer a sale.

Lol....I am totally out of luck today.... I cancelled my previous Mightyape order after coming to know about their slow shipping and no tracking number availability, later went to letstango to order but the PS3 version is already out of stock... :noway

join the club, I cancelled my order after hearing from ross we should wait instead of ordering from other places

Doesn't matter who is to blame. In the end its a loss for everyone. Companies spend millions of dollars to get customers here customers are anxiously waiting for the game and the developer/publisher doesn't seem to care.

For me (and thousand others) a simple choice.... pirated game in a day or two or original on an UNKNOWN date?

I used to do it, but you have to realize that we would never get to see a cricket game if it weren't for the developers. It is our duty as fans to support them even if it is annoying to wait for a release date.

BTW I pre-ordered it on mighty ape for only 90 bucks. I think its worth it :yes

If I were I the USA I would wait, stock is on the ground.

Edit: I cancelled it, but I will order as soon as it's available from a US retailer.

Last edited:
How can you justify piracy for not knowing a date? That is bad and something I absolutely abhor. To jump from having the game later to pirating it is absolutely terrible thing to do. This is pure cheap theft. I would rather forgo playing the game than pirate it and cost the developer a sale.

I am not justifying piracy nor I'm saying that it is OK to do. What I'm saying is that casual players neither have the patience or are willing to spend extra money to just import a game. So if the game is available via "other" means they will just jump for that option.

With that said, just within my immediate family we have five potential buyers but other than me no one hangs around on this forum trying to find when they will be able to get their hands on the game and if it takes too long they just might lose interest costing the developers/publishers potential sale.

Just for the record, I fully support that developers should get paid for their hard work and we should wholeheartedly support them. I have imported all previous cricket games and in worst case scenario will end up doing it for this game as well.

My earlier comments were just out of frustration for not knowing when to expect the game specially when it has been officially confirmed to be available in NA.

From my point of view it's a global release if it is in the same week or just over, no one can expect to have stopped some stores from going early, that just happens.

When did you order with LetsTango?

It's last night after mightyape told me that there is no tracking possible. I asked her to go ahead & cancel then.

Did they give you any confirmation on shipping?

Will wait until it is listed out in amazon. But my question is how do we at NA get patches?

From my point of view it's a global release if it is in the same week or just over, no one can expect to have stopped some stores from going early, that just happens.

You mean, US release will also happen this week itself.... :spy

Will wait until it is listed out in amazon. But my question is how do we at NA get patches?

There is only one version of the game globally, at worst you will need to make a free account on a store in a country that has it at retail and then it will download for free.

----------

You mean, US release will also happen this week itself.... :spy

The game is to be released on the 3rd April - anything before that is leaked and is beyond our control.

The game is to be released on the 3rd April - anything before that is leaked and is beyond our control.

Ahh... thanks but I guess you don't want to make any statements at this point regarding the approximate date of the game availability in USA... :spy

Users who are viewing this thread