Release in North America + Preorder Prices?

I was going to post a genuine rebuttal, but then I saw 'rampant fanboyism' and simply couldn't be bothered. Being aware of the facts of and the reality behind the situation isn't fanboyism. I'm simply an interested consumer, who has dealt with Big Ant, and specifically Ross and HBK619 before on a previous release.

This is how Big Ant and Tru Blu function, it works for them. It really is tough luck if you don't like it or agree with it.

Last edited:
Thanks for the forum link. I didn't find it from the main site which took a while to load and I just gave up because I didn't see it linked from bigant.com

Good to know it exists.

And to the other dude, your post contained statements like "ignorant, misinformed" and I too considered not replying.
Anyways, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

"There's very little official game info"

If that isn't ignorant, then I don't know what is

And to the other dude who wants to close this thread - great, drown out dissenting opinions. Fine example there. My post hasn't attacked anyone personally, laid out all the reasons yet the thread must be closed... for what exactly?

I thought that it would have been very clear that I was joking, but each to their own.

Agree with fanirama about the lack of "official gameplay" video. As in a video posted by big ant themselves to show off certain aspects of the game to a more wider audience outside this forum. I know Ross likes the customers to discover these things themselves, but it is nice to see/hear/know how much thought has went behind the game. And it always creates great interest among people who do not visit forums for infos like this and just watch gameplay videos in ign/gamespot/youtube etc.

I dont think it has.

Looking at the conversion rate I just saw online, I wont be buying from AUS to ship to the US :lol

Usually pay $60 for the big titles (I know this isn't FIFA etc but they are my only reference as in the last 3 years my only purchases have been FIFA and GTA) and I believe thats the general RRP out here.

Agree with fanirama about the lack of "official gameplay" video. As in a video posted by big ant themselves to show off certain aspects of the game to a more wider audience outside this forum. I know Ross likes the customers to discover these things themselves, but it is nice to see/hear/know how much thought has went behind the game. And it always creates great interest among people who do not visit forums for infos like this and just watch gameplay videos in ign/gamespot/youtube etc.

I think many will see the trailer in the stores, it's already been on the EB screens for a month.

Considering it is region free they will need to price in the US so it isn't cheaper to import, even if that means not being in the normal price range.

That said, the cheapest Australian price is Mighty Ape - who are selling it for $74.99 + postage - if you remove the GST, because US prices exclude sales tax, and convert to the US dollar, you are close to US$60 anyway, so it's in the same range.

Snowy, genuine question - is the IGN video really "official"? i mean obviously it was filmed at a session presided over by either BigAnt or TruBlu, but it was without gameplay sound, and audio recorded months after and had the guy's sketchy recollection of a few things...

now it was a great video in terms of us seeing a lot of detailed gameplay, and that was cool, but i don't think we could or should consider it an "official" gameplay video in the sense that I suspect fanirama meant - that is produced by BA/TB to show off the game or a specific area of the game.

It's quite a long time since there was an official release of anything (other than CA of course, which actually i'd take over the pics/vids) in that sense of say thinking back to the daylight change video, the ball wear video, the BARS video, or even stills like the Wagon Wheel example etc. Even the trailer was a long time ago.

I don't think it's particularly "ignorant" to think it unusual or odd that an announcement of the actual release date, especially when the announcement to release window is so short, hasn't gone hand in hand with some more "media" in that sense.

you mention budget, and i wholeheartedly agree - it would be ludicrous and indeed ignorant to complain that they're not sponsoring the World T20 or having advertising there etc. - but to produce stills or video and release them via social media whether twitter, fb or here costs very little.

@blockerdave Relative to mobile phone footage, yeh I'd call it official. They were given a copy of the game to record footage from. But I can certainly understand where you're coming from if you don't want to call it official in the sense it doesn't come directly from BA/TB.

The 'ignorant' line only really stemmed from him saying "There's very little official game info". At this point, there isn't much we don't know about the game apart from things which you can only find out by actually playing it.

Last edited:
I am yet to see a video of game with all patches and in final state. I remember in the latest video too from IGN was recorded some how last year.

I am not criticizing anyone and saying I know better than trublu how to do it but in my opinion Internet should be flooded with videos as this is the cheapest way of marketing and most efficient too these days. A lot of people dont really listen to radio or buy magazine but if something gets viral on FB or Twitter world gets aware of this. Number of DBC 14 fans on FB is around 17-18k if half of them even share the videos it will cover really a lot of potential buyers.

Users who are viewing this thread