Review Retail Version Impressions Thread

Oh deary me!!

60-0 at Edgebaston, Hauritz comes on, 64-3, this pitch is turning, and if I try to block, or play a shot, he find the edge. Good bowling, got me backed into a corner which I need to it out of, I think?

Decided to play an exhibition match against the Windies me playing as Australia won the toss at Auckland and chose to bowl(for the reason that i've hardly bowled on this game before and want to give it a go).

At lunch the Windies are 1/96(30 overs). early on there were a few inside edges. I wouldnt of had a wicket but "thanks" to the run out bug Smith(29 from 90) fell about 4 overs before lunch.

Gayle is still at the creease on 45 from 100 balls and powell is there still yet to get a run after facinf 12 balls.

Johnson 11 overs 0/30
Hilfenhaus 8 overs 0/29
Siddle 8 overs 0/17
Hauritz 3 overs 0/20.

Btw this is on hard ps3

I do like how the batting on certain pitches is harder!! Flat decks you can play quite freely!

Where as English pitches or overcast conditions are fast pitches are harder to time the seamers!!

I have found this to be the same.........In my first test on hard level playing as England in the ashes at Cardiff i was chasing 404 to win and fell 50 runs short but batting was fairly comfortable, i collapsed due to complacency more than anything. The second test at Lords the pitch is variable and i have foung batting to be much more difficult. So much so i was skittled in the first innings for 148, similar for them too, all out for 134....Loving this game, i really do think the pitch and overhead conditions play a big part in making batting and bowling more difficult or easier.

I have found this to be the same.........In my first test on hard level playing as England in the ashes at Cardiff i was chasing 404 to win and fell 50 runs short but batting was fairly comfortable, i collapsed due to complacency more than anything. The second test at Lords the pitch is variable and i have foung batting to be much more difficult. So much so i was skittled in the first innings for 148, similar for them too, all out for 134....Loving this game, i really do think the pitch and overhead conditions play a big part in making batting and bowling more difficult or easier.

Glad you agree, South Africa made 405 against me on a flat deck, and i got rolled for 205 after being 150-2 it began to spin!

Following on am 141-2 and looking confident again! but seriously concentrating lol!

Early days but the Bolwing seems wrong to me.

I don't want to sound too critical here but after a few tests and one day matches I feel that the bowling engine is virtually unplayable.

I am determined to crack it and I have picked up some useful tips on this forum, however I think it is too difficult to -

a) remain economical
b) Bowl batsmen out
c) Bowl LBWs

In fact I have not yet achievd b) or c).

Addtionally the AI batsmen seem to perform completely impossible shots, ie bowl a short bouncer to have the batsman stay at his crease and hit it straight back over the bowlers head for 6? This makes me think the game is scripted.

It is annoying because I love cricket, I know what constitutes a good ball, what constitues a good line and length etc - not so sure the developers do.

The batting in this game is very playable but YET AGAIN it appears that they got the bowling wrong, like every game developer before.

I hope that time will change my opinion about this but I feel I will be trading in this game within weeks.......lets hope I am wrong.

How ironic that I mispelt bowling in the title

Have to say, I've not noticed variable conditions changing the difficulty of the batting. Then again, I feel I'm missing a lot of the game experience so far (despite having had it a week longer than most). No edges to slips, no lbw from fast bowlers. No bowled from fast bowlers...

Well I can get edges and and catches in the deep but getting LBWs and bowleds are very low.

I found this bug the bowler come to bowl and hits the stumps and when the ball is released the batsman just freezes and does not play a shot and if its bowled at the stumps then he gets bowled without moving

Have to say, I've not noticed variable conditions changing the difficulty of the batting. Then again, I feel I'm missing a lot of the game experience so far (despite having had it a week longer than most). No edges to slips, no lbw from fast bowlers. No bowled from fast bowlers...

I have seen edges to slips/keeper, but they are rare. What i would give for some lbw or bowleds though.

Hey, I've got a few questions for the lucky people with the game.

1. Is play ever stopped due to rain/ bad light?
2. When is the ball worn enough for reverse swing?
3. Are there any licensed teams other than England and Australia?
4. Are player names from unlicensed teams recognisable?

Thanks for any of you who can take the time and effort to answer these :)

Users who are viewing this thread