Review Retail Version Impressions Thread

Playing the first test at Cardiff, I got put in and started well.

100/0 at lunch but then Marcus North came on and everything changed. He's bowled 7 overs for 7 and dismissed Strauss for 39 too.

Any advice on how to play against spin anyone ?

Is it best to be attacking or not ?

Playing the first test at Cardiff, I got put in and started well.

100/0 at lunch but then Marcus North came on and everything changed. He's bowled 7 overs for 7 and dismissed Strauss for 39 too.

Any advice on how to play against spin anyone ?

Is it best to be attacking or not ?

Find the gaps. Hit the bad balls. Defend the good ones. I find driving spinners to be very hard. I'm English, so I like to sweep!

I have now gone back to scoring about 2-3 an over. Im just wandering do different batsman determine how fast you score?

When I was with batting with Sehwag and Gambhir, I was easily getting 4-5 runs an over now since Gambhir got out Dravid is in and Ive only managed to score 5 runs off 20 balls with him, Sehwag has slowed down too

Find the gaps. Hit the bad balls. Defend the good ones. I find driving spinners to be very hard. I'm English, so I like to sweep!

He isn't bowling any bad balls, his pitch map has everything on a good length and he's spinning it quite a bit too !

Swept him for one four but have left virtually every drive ball he dishes up because I know I'll edge it. :crying

Rubbish; besides which, how do you know these bugs are not present in all versions? Also 'PC's are very hard to use?' Umm..no.
1. Make sure the game runs on your machine
2. Boot up (aka turning on the machine)
3. Put the disc in and install the game (pretty much an automated procedure)
4. PLAY!

If that's 'hard to use' to you, then your technical knowledge is around about the level of your grammar and spelling. 'Funner'?

Calm down smarty pants. I was meaning the controls mate. I've tried the PC Demo and I got bowled all out for around 100. If you dislike the game, keep your moaning to yourself and leave us to play the game

Last edited:
Well again the Sydney wicket has surely ended my hopes of a win!

Was looking like a comeback was on while the seamers were bowling!

But that was soon ended! North added a little bit of pride!!

Attachments

• ?rd 007.JPG
    ?rd 007.JPG
    346.9 KB · Views: 36
Ok I think that I may have worked out bowling.

2nd Ashes test, I am England, end of the first day Aussies are 317 for 8. I bowled most of the day a tight line, that restricted runs, most overs I bowled straight bowls (3 or 4 an over) and the threw in odd cutter, inswinger or outswinger each over. That over the course of 90 over resulted in 3 edges, 1 LBW, 1 played onto stumps, 2 clean bowled, and the best for me Ponting trying to sweep Rashid top edged it to 3rd man!

This really is a weird game........

2nd Ashes test, I am England, end of the first day Aussies are 317 for 8. I bowled most of the day a tight line, that restricted runs, most overs I bowled straight bowls (3 or 4 an over) and the threw in odd cutter, inswinger or outswinger each over. That over the course of 90 over resulted in 3 edges, 1 LBW, 1 played onto stumps, 2 clean bowled, and the best for me Ponting trying to sweep Rashid top edged it to 3rd man!

People are getting to grips with it!! im desperately trying to save my game after following on lol!!

Rubbish; besides which, how do you know these bugs are not present in all versions? Also 'PC's are very hard to use?' Umm..no.
1. Make sure the game runs on your machine
2. Boot up (aka turning on the machine)
3. Put the disc in and install the game (pretty much an automated procedure)
4. PLAY!

If that's 'hard to use' to you, then your technical knowledge is around about the level of your grammar and spelling. 'Funner'?

Calm down smarty pants. I was meaning the controls mate. I've tried the PC Demo and I got bowled all out for around 100. If you dislike the game, keep your moaning to yourself and leave us to play the game

LOL if you feel the keyboard control to be tough, get a xbox360 controller for PC

Ok I think that I may have worked out bowling.

I know it seems really weird.

But it atleast you got a Clean bowled and a lbw. Something that I am waiting for to happen

jazz added 1 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

Well again the Sydney wicket has surely ended my hopes of a win!

Was looking like a comeback was on while the seamers were bowling!

But that was soon ended! North added a little bit of pride!!

You seem to get out straight away after a batsmen gets a 100 lol

You never know just bowl with clarke, Hauritz and Katich and you might bowl them cheaply :p

Users who are viewing this thread