Review Retail Version Impressions Thread

Unless a patch is released for the x box to calm down AI aggression then I will get very bored of this game very quickly and it wil go back.

I am already simulating most of my bowling because it is such a farce.

What Difficulty are you playing on mate?

I find that the opposition hit me quite hard too, but when I find the right field setting and get the right line, I cause huge collapses.

Like suddenly teams go from 150/2 with run rates of nearly 10...to...200/7 with run rates of about 6 or 7

Well, i guess was asking too much to pull that one back!

An aggresive end, not stupidly though! They seemed to decide to be positive rather than a very defensive start. They finished going at 4 an over.

GREAT FUN!

North battled hard for me and it was turning, but with the new ball was leaking runs! However the seamers began to exploit the cracks!

107 simply not enough!

Attachments

• end 004.JPG
    end 004.JPG
    359.8 KB · Views: 26
  • end 005.JPG
    end 005.JPG
    347.5 KB · Views: 13
  • end 006.JPG
    end 006.JPG
    330.8 KB · Views: 13
Currently at lunch First day of the Cardiff test Australia batting first.

Australia 158/2

P.Hughes 50(87) S.Broad 1/33(7.0)
S.Katich 45(84) G.Swann 1/44(3.0)
R.Ponting 38(18)
M.Clarke 4(12)

bowled well for the first 20-25 and Australia went along at a steady rate. brought Swann on for his first over first up bowled one tight on the stumps that turned so Hughes left it. Second ball bowled him an arm ball wider which he left. third ball another wider one but this time the offspinner, Hughes goes to drive and hits a thick edge to Cover. Next over did the same to Katich except it was a more convincing drive. since then Ponting has gone after Swann a little bit. Really enjoying it at the moment hopefully I can keep the pressure and restrict Ponting. Get him out soon after lunch and it will be in our favour.

It seems like many people have sorted out the AI pacing problem:D

Keyboard controls don't concern me at all, very easy.

I was having fun but it just rapped me that Day 1 of Ashes 1st test, about 40mins from tea. Australia were 367 all out with 8 run outs and 2 took foot off AI nonsense stumpings. So essentially I didn't actually take a wicket.

For me that's just taking the berties.

Having played the Xbox version, it's the same, my mate has been tearing his hair out all day. Still bar 2-3 major things, it has the potential to be awesome and IF a patch is released that fixes this, then I'll go and pick it up at probably ?10-?15 less.

Managed to bowl the Aussies out not long after Tea.

Australia 294 65 overs

P.Hughes 50(87) G.Swann 4/95(14.0)
R.Ponting 46(33) S.Broad 2/50(13.0)
S.Katich 45(84) A.Flintoff 1.32(13.0)
M.Hussey 30(21) R.Sidebottom 1/56(10.0)

just the two run outs and only one was because of the bug. Took me forever to get the final wicket Johnson went about 10 overs or so before tea. Siddle and Hilfenhaus just saw everything out getting a bat on what they had to and leaving anything off of the stumps. they got through to tea but Swann got Hilfenhaus bowled playing down the wrong line to a big turner. Really enjoyed the bowling to be honest. I felt like I really worked for my wickets and at times outsmarted the batsmen. When you get used to it and accept that the "good length" is a little full, bowling can be fun and rewarding.

ust started batting Strauss gone 4th ball because I got distracted typing this up and missed a ball bowled by Mitchell Johnson.:facepalm

Really enjoying the match so far though will report back later.

Sounds like people are begining to really enjoy this!!

I had a cracking match!!, sometimes they go quite attacking but then you can reel them back in again!!

Its a fine line!!

You guys who are enjoying it so much and getting these realistic matches, are any of you playing it on PC?

I don't seem to get run outs, just catches, lbws and bowled :P

Run outs are not so bad on hard, but you can guarantee at least 1 maybe 2 per innings.

My wickets tend to come from catches, normally in the cover region, occasionally slips and gully.

Not yet had an LBW (not even an appeal) or a clean bowled.

:( i really want to play this game know and have matches like what you are having but am having a break from it as been on it for 24 hours in 2 days, and my thumbs are quite aching.

god complete collapse!!!!

I've fallen to 45/8, Bopara bowled for a golden then KP saw off the Hattrick. Went next over to him for a duck leaving us 3/3. Brought Sidebottom in as night watchman. Cook was runout a little later going for the 2nd run that wasn't there. Collingwood fell to Johnson aswell. Prior and Sidebottom managed to get up up to 45 only for Sidebottom to edge one to slips gone for 18, joint top score. Flintoff edged one to Haddin first ball and Johnson once again failed to get the hattrick bowling just too wide of the stumps, only to bowl Broad next ball. 7 wickets to Johnson and we're only 13 overs in. I really cannot face pace it's so difficult to time right. Hopefully Prior and Swann can drag us to a reasonable score, could be looking at the follow on here.

That's not good. Take a break every hour, five minutes is enough. That's not much to take out of every hour; your thumbs (and in time, your wrists and arms) will thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread