Review Retail Version Impressions Thread

Calm down smarty pants. I was meaning the controls mate. I've tried the PC Demo and I got bowled all out for around 100. If you dislike the game, keep your moaning to yourself and leave us to play the game

Cricket games and football games, indeed all games under the sun apart from FPS and RTS games are rubbish with the keyboard. They're rubbish now, they always have been rubbish and they always will be rubbish!

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...

Umm...did I mention that I don't like the game? On the contrary...

The clean bowls and the LBW was a result of continually bowling a line outside off stump, then bowling inswinging delivery, the batsman playing down the wrong line (expecting the straight delivery). It requires a lot of patience but I did feel good because it was the kind of thing that I would expect to happen in "real" cricket.

he clean bowls and the LBW was a result of continually bowling a line outside off stump, then bowling inswinging delivery, the batsman playing down the wrong line (expecting the straight delivery). It requires a lot of patience but I did feel good because it was the kind of thing that I would expect to happen in "real" cricket.

Good to see someone is experiencing the same kinda cricket i am!!:D:happy

The clean bowls and the LBW was a result of continually bowling a line outside off stump, then bowling inswinging delivery, the batsman playing down the wrong line (expecting the straight delivery). It requires a lot of patience but I did feel good because it was the kind of thing that I would expect to happen in "real" cricket.

agreed, also with the tail enders its very easy to clean bowl them. Just give them a couple that spin away sharple and then the arm ball.

Also works with swing

Another thing I find annoying is when you hit the ball to the fielder in the covers and it goes to him why does he run alongside it. He could easily cut it off. You can easily score a run like that

jazz added 0 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

agreed, also with the tail enders its very easy to clean bowl them. Just give them a couple that spin away sharple and then the arm ball.

Also works with swing

You got the game now mate?

South Africa 2nd Innings 16-0 off 7.2 overs

North and Clarke on trying to use the turning wicket. South Africans not be drawn into playing a rash shot!

This is test match cricket!

Wicket!! 20-1 The pitch strikes as a turning ball is edged to Haddin off North!! Sydney on day 3/4 is not a pleasant place to be!

Last edited:

That sounds very promising.

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 2 Seconds later...

If someone with PC version is having such experiences, please post them so we can see that these realistic matches are not a PS3 exclusive.

Ok I'm 150/1 at lunch

Sehwag 70 off 94 balls
Dravid 18 off 49 balls

Is this a realistic score after the first session for a pitch in the subcontinent?

I would of been 130/1 if the AI didnt bowl about 20 no balls

Edit.. I just got stumped first ball after lunch for playing a defensive shot :S

Last edited:
You got the game now mate?

No dammit, I am still waiting. It has been in the mail for 5 days now. I am hoping it arrives on Monday. Either way, I think I will get it before MasterBlaster, and he lives in England!

No dammit, I am still waiting. It has been in the mail for 5 days now. I am hoping it arrives on Monday. Either way, I think I will get it before MasterBlaster, and he lives in England!

Shopto said 'early next week', so I'm thinking Monday or Tuesday.

Ok I'm 150/1 at lunch

Sehwag 70 off 94 balls
Dravid 18 off 49 balls

Is this a realistic score after the first session for a pitch in the subcontinent?

I would of been 130/1 if the AI didnt bowl about 20 no balls

Very realistic, they look to be setting up for a big day. If you can keep them to around 275-5 it will be your day.

I just lost Tendulkar now.. 152/3.. I feel a collapse is brewing

Unless a patch is released for the x box to calm down AI aggression then I will get very bored of this game very quickly and it wil go back.

I am already simulating most of my bowling because it is such a farce.

Users who are viewing this thread