Review Retail Version Impressions Thread

Is it me, but does all this sound very very promising!! There has not been a cricket game for a long time that we have had this much positive hype!!

Apart from a few lil minor things, it sound superb!!!:banana2:happy

jazz

i asked it before, but i guess you did not notice. so i m going to repeat here..

can you tell us anything about batting and bowling powerplay? when u took it? how did the AI batsmen responded? when did the AI take the powerplay? were they more aggressive during powerplays?

just having a look at legends mode.

fielding practise involves watching a ball being bowled and then hit in the air for you to catch - simple and boring

there are also legends challenges, first one involves 1982 ashes and you have to play as alan border and jeff thompson. see out first over to get best batsmen on strike then win the game

edit - o dear that wasnt difficult in the slightest, just had to defend 6 balls and challenge done.

paradisekingy added 4 Minutes and 15 Seconds later...

someone asked earlier so here -

online there are lots of stats tables for highest wicket taker, batting average, strike rate, economy, runs scored for all game types

dont think servers are online yet

Last edited:
Good: edges for four! They must be fixed then, they got nowhere near the boundary in the demo. Speaking of which, how does the outfield speed seem to you?
I don?t know what the issue was with demo regarding outfield speed but in the full game its very realistic on a hard pitch it was pretty fast to the boundary and I expect in wet pitch it would be slow

jazz i asked it before, but i guess you did not notice. so i m going to repeat here.. can you tell us anything about batting and bowling powerplay? when u took it? how did the AI batsmen responded? when did the AI take the powerplay? were they more aggressive during powerplays?
Sorry I guess I missed your post

Overs 1-10 the ai was very aggressive trying to attack and score fast. From 11-15 Pietersen was really hammering it but Bopara wasn?t just rotating strike.
The ai took the third powerplay from 35th to 40th overs becasue I noticed the field was attacking but I didn?t notice much aggression in this powerplay but I managed to get two wickets in this powerplay

I rather wait till friday for mine, got it for ?15 on PS3 so i'm not complaining.

few things i think people asked earlier

tim ambrose is in the game, dont know why foster isnt.
south africa are 4 stars for odi, india,england,australia and pakistan are rated higher

im about to play a 20/20 night game in brisbourne with the pink ball, pitch wear set to day 5

im england v south africa

south africa are 4 stars for odi, india,england,australia and pakistan are rated higher

im about to play a night game in brisbourne with the pink ball

Wow!!looking great!!
btw how the lighting effect look is night??

im about to play a 20/20 night game in brisbourne with the pink ball, pitch wear set to day 5

Oh i didnt check stats for others I just presumed SA where higher

hey mate where is Sri lanka ..... don't tell me that sri lanka is not rated as a higher team ! lol

Wow!!looking great!!
btw how the lighting effect look is night??

does definately in my opinion have a different feel to test match, light is bright but does look artificial, south africas kit looks to me exactly as the real one. pitch is extremely cracked and lots of dark patches, yet to hit a boundary so dont know about music

paradisekingy added 1 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...

yer there is music in the background for boundaries, crowd seems livelier (spelling?)

Which is the issue, it is very difficult to deliberately create mistakes in AI and have it occur correctly. A computer is designed to calculate and get the answer right. It is the basic problem with computer based random number generators. So as we've seen time and time again, cricket games (and many others) have tried to introduce a real life thing like misjudgements in run outs but got the balance wrong and something that was supposed to happen once in a bunch of games happens frequently.

Well there is a solution for that....

Two paremeters need to be takin into account:

I) When do runouts actually happen in a cricket game:

a) When the batters are in a lot of pressure and are unable to get the scorecard moving and the asking run rate keeps increasing
b) When the batsman decides that he needs to put pressure on the bowlers specially initially in their spells
c) When one of the batsmen is going pretty well and becomes a bit complacent
d) When the batsmen haven played together a lot and thus confusions are their in their calling

II) Some mini-game mechanics for throwing etc:

a) Have a mechanism where we have to time the release of our throw and maybe also a mechanism where we can aim.....so it can be like this, when a batsmen decides to run, the camera goes to a fielder's over-the-shoulder view, and we move the joystick to aim for stumps and also press x and release it when we feel its the right timing for throwing the ball. Timing would determin how high, low, left or right and at what pace the throw comes in

b) Have AI calulations, such that their decision to run quick runs should not be suicidal and infact they should go for a cheeky run only if they feel they have a chance to make it or atleast be damn close if the throw hits, or if when the ball goes to a less rated fielder, or if they feel that the angle of throw (i.e. all the points mentioned in the first point above) would make it very difficult for us to get the direct hit!!

I think Transmission have given us atleast a very solid foundation (something that has been missing totally in the previous games). This is actually a game on which hey can buil on, instead of making everything from scratch, which has been happening to all the cricket games since BCL99.

does definately in my opinion have a different feel to test match, light is bright but does look artificial, south africas kit looks to me exactly as the real one. pitch is extremely cracked and lots of dark patches, yet to hit a boundary so dont know about music

please tell me about the line and length..is he varying his line length in T20???
for eg bowling short and wide

Users who are viewing this thread