Review Retail Version Impressions Thread

COLLINGWOOD GOT A WICKET :D 27 OVERS 84/6 WOW Australia ARE FALLING APART JOHNSON OUT LBW NO RUN OUTS YET :D

You must be bowling some tight lines. In all my ODI's AI has gone for it in first 15 overs and got score between 70-100

You must be bowling some tight lines. In all my ODI's AI has gone for it in first 15 overs and got score between 70-100

this is 2nd test at lords :D just on top of the offstump

Australia 100 all out haddin went mad at smashed me every were harmy got 5wickets collingwood got 2 broad got 1 swann got 1 and anderson got one :D

wow some good bowling there :clap
I wont mind if a test last's like 3 days if i know that i bowled the AI all out cause my bowling was on top form and the other team were having a bad day.

Guys, are there any attacking fields for spinners, with a fielder on both sides of the batsman, like this:

images

I didn't see any in the demo and found that a bit strange; it's a typical ultra aggressive spinner's field!

wow some good bowling there :clap
I wont mind if a test last's like 3 days if i know that i bowled the AI all out cause my bowling was on top form and the other team were having a bad day.

i thought it was good :D bad start batting im 5/1 of 2 overs :D

Spraggy added 0 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

Guys, are there any attacking fields for spinners, with a fielder on both sides of the batsman, like this:

images

I didn't see any in the demo and found that a bit strange; it's a typical ultra aggressive spinner's field!

yh there are ish got one caught at short leg

Can you keep track of averages or like record averages, like back in the day of Brian Lara 99?

Was like one of the best original features never used in the PS2 versions. :(

you can also obviously do your own custom fields!

Spraggy if you get bowled out for anywhere below 100 im going to start loving the possibility that ur on a dodgy pitch lol!

I know, I was thinking more of the AI: if that field isn't in the presets, surely they won't use it?

Also guys, do you get more description of what the pitch is doing (green/hard/dusty/damp) and what the bounce will be like? I think that's a vital part of cricket that was missing from the demo - the state of the pitch will have a bearing on your decision to bat or bowl, as well as the overhead conditions.

Hi, thanks everybody for posting their impressions thus far. One
thing i was wondering about though - a couple of press reviews
have said that bowling somebody out is stupidly hard, and that 99%
of wickets are edges or crazy run outs. Could somebody please
confirm this? The (only) thing I liked about blic07 was seeing the stumps
go flying! Thanks in advance. :)

Hi, thanks everybody for posting their impressions thus far. One
thing i was wondering about though - a couple of press reviews
have said that bowling somebody out is stupidly hard, and that 99%
of wickets are edges or crazy run outs. Could somebody please
confirm this? The (only) thing I liked about blic07 was seeing the stumps
go flying! Thanks in advance.

Hello mate well i can only go on what iv experience so heres some info for u!

Played 1 test 2 one dayers and half a test loL!

Iv had nicks to slips and keeper.... stumped... chopped onto stumps... iv bowled the comp although this is hard to do... and a few lbw's one inswinging beauty which the batter chose to leave!!:happy

Oh and a couple regulation catches in deep in odi and catches at point and covers!

well im 15/2 which is weird for lords becuase johnson is getting massive swing tryed to cut the ball and played on to my own stumps :D

BTW PEOPLE THIS IS MY 2ND TEST AND I HAVENT HAD A RUN OUT YET :D

ANYWAY IM OFF TELL U ABOUT WHAT HAPPEND IN THE MORNING :d

hat was a spinner, yes? Cool, that'll do me

Yep Spinner! what i love is the random nature.. u get some close matches some where the comp collapse etc.. its never the same!

It never is in real life!

wealey88 added 0 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...

well im 15/2 which is weird for lords becuase johnson is getting massive swing tryed to cut the ball and played on to my own stumps
well im 15/2 which is weird for lords becuase johnson is getting massive swing tryed to cut the ball and played on to my own stumps

Love this!! the groundsman had produces a mine field! i joke! however it does seem to level out... maybe it is due to the pitch and conditions!

Hello mate well i can only go on what iv experience so heres some info for u!

Played 1 test 2 one dayers and half a test loL!

Iv had nicks to slips and keeper.... stumped... chopped onto stumps... iv bowled the comp although this is hard to do... and a few lbw's one inswinging beauty which the batter chose to leave!!:happy

Oh and a couple regulation catches in deep in odi and catches at point and covers!

That inswinger, was it to an opener or tailender?

Also guys, do you get more description of what the pitch is doing (green/hard/dusty/damp) and what the bounce will be like? I think that's a vital part of cricket that was missing from the demo - the state of the pitch will have a bearing on your decision to bat or bowl, as well as the overhead conditions.

Anyone got an answer to that one?

Users who are viewing this thread