Review Retail Version Impressions Thread

Ok I lost my first game Chasing 177 I am 147 all out! Great bowling and I think it was to do with the pitch it was so quick.

Well it says when you choose a stadium whether a ground is more suitable to Spinners Pacers etc. I choose Brisbane which is supposedly very fast and has a lot of bounce. I think thats the reason I had so many caught in the slips

nimish_sach added 1 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

For Brisbane this is what the game says:
The hard surface means that pace bowlers often dominate on this lethal wicket. The Extra bounce can also assist spinners

Well it says when you choose a stadium whether a ground is more suitable to Spinners Pacers etc. I choose Brisbane which is supposedly very fast and has a lot of bounce. I think thats the reason I had so many caught in the slips

nimish_sach added 1 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

For Brisbane this is what the game says:
The hard surface means that pace bowlers often dominate on this lethal wicket. The Extra bounce can also assist spinners

Does it give you that little written report immediately before the match, so you can decide about batting/bowling if you win the toss? Interesting idea about the bounce - maybe the guys can speed up the bounce on the slower pitches. I think the bounce in the demo is a bit two tone - too much on fuller lengths and not enough on shorter lengths: I have bowled balls that should go over the batsman's head, yet he cover drives them off the front foot. When I look at the action replay, the bounce is indeed suitable for a front foot cover drive.

So, anyway on a pitch with a bit of life in it, you can give them a bit of a working over with the bouncers? Hit anyone in the head yet?

So there aren't actually given pitch types such as green/damp/dry/hard? I hope that doesn't mean the surface is always exactly the same at any given ground (for example, always hard at Brisbane).

when you play 20 20 in full game you have the Free hit rule but when you play the one day matches there is no such rule is this a mistake of the game or it is like this in real games as well.

secondly i cant see third umpires giving decision its just the umpires refers it to third umpires & than after replays gives decision.

Does it give you that little written report immediately before the match, so you can decide about batting/bowling if you win the toss? Interesting idea about the bounce - maybe the guys can speed up the bounce on the slower pitches. I think the bounce in the demo is a bit two tone - too much on fuller lengths and not enough on shorter lengths: I have bowled balls that should go over the batsman's head, yet he cover drives them off the front foot. When I look at the action replay, the bounce is indeed suitable for a front foot cover drive.

So, anyway on a pitch with a bit of life in it, you can give them a bit of a working over with the bouncers? Hit anyone in the head yet?

I got hit by the AI on the same pitch. It feels like I am batting on perth and AI adjusts its fields well and now has a packed off-side field and bowling outside the off stump wants me to go aerial but the timing bar is so small that I will edge it or get caught in the off side trap. So at the moment just resisting it!

I got hit by the AI on the same pitch. It feels like I am batting on perth and AI adjusts its fields well and now has a packed off-side field and bowling outside the off stump wants me to go aerial but the timing bar is so small that I will edge it or get caught in the off side trap. So at the moment just resisting it!

Do you know what I like about this game (again, going by the demo)? I can't always decide what shot to play because the ball is in that awkward area and end up doing something daft and getting out. Never had that feeling in a cricket game before, apart maybe from BLIC 99. Some balls in this game feel that they'll get you out if you don't play the correct shot.

Guys please tell me.. Does the stats of a player increases every match? And can you see the stats page in a menu screen or does it just pop up in match?

Ok im officially getting fed up with this game. I dont have the full game yet, and the demo is irritating me so much with the dumbass AI running that I doubt I will get the game. I havent had any proof from people that the running is vastly improved so unless a patch is released I will stay away from the game.

Reasons?

Well just to sum up how games tend to go, well the last 4 games anyway:

I bowl first (as Auz) bowl first (because I want to see if they can play properly now and then), it all starts off ok and then the openers run themselves out. Pietersen comes in bats at 2 runs per ball, then runs himself out. Goes on like that with top order ALL running themselves out and Eng end up on about 80/6. Then the tailenders come in and block for about 30 overs, only to eventully run themselves out with the score under 150!

Im seriously tired of this, just when I think the AI will give me a bit of a challenge and post something over 300 they go and balls it up with roughly 8 runouts a game.

Ridiculously stupid

Do you know what I like about this game (again, going by the demo)? I can't always decide what shot to play because the ball is in that awkward area and end up doing something daft and getting out. Never had that feeling in a cricket game before, apart maybe from BLIC 99. Some balls in this game feel that they'll get you out if you don't play the correct shot.

Haha, I'm exactly the same, its like;

"Should I block, nah, I can get a single for that....oh hang on, bowled."

Haha, I'm exactly the same, its like;

"Should I block, nah, I can get a single for that....oh hang on, bowled."
Yeah. Some of the balls are tricky. I usually just play defensive in gaps and steal single from them. I like how they implemented the 360' defensive shots.
Only time I have trouble is while bowling when the AI goes berserk hitting me all over. I try to mix up deliveries and resist the attack hoping for a wicket or two. I had couple of games where it was either a tie or I won or lost by 1-2 run. I never bowled in any previous cricket games as it wasn't fun like this. But now the pressure when bowling, its awesome

Ok im officially getting fed up with this game. I dont have the full game yet, and the demo is irritating me so much with the dumbass AI running that I doubt I will get the game. I havent had any proof from people that the running is vastly improved so unless a patch is released I will stay away from the game.

Reasons?

Well just to sum up how games tend to go, well the last 4 games anyway:

I bowl first (as Auz) bowl first (because I want to see if they can play properly now and then), it all starts off ok and then the openers run themselves out. Pietersen comes in bats at 2 runs per ball, then runs himself out. Goes on like that with top order ALL running themselves out and Eng end up on about 80/6. Then the tailenders come in and block for about 30 overs, only to eventully run themselves out with the score under 150!

Im seriously tired of this, just when I think the AI will give me a bit of a challenge and post something over 300 they go and balls it up with roughly 8 runouts a game.

Ridiculously stupid

Ridiculous is right. I'll extend this by saying that it's another flawed cricket game and I won't be buying it. I'll be coming across as a whiner but I'm just about done sending hundreds of dollars into the pockets of developers who don't deserve it.

People have been talking about a patch for weeks already. Why should we be waiting for a patch? And what's the chance of it fixing so many bugs and errors? It might address one or two issues but there seem to be at least 6 or 7 significant problems.

Why should the public be forced to make mods to try and 'fix' the game? These are things the developers should have done with the original game. How on Earth can you miss so many glaring problems like AI runouts and bowling speeds? All you have to do is play the game once. Either their cricket knowledge is severely lacking or they're just plain lazy.

Baseball games like MLB09 are superb are essentially flawless. Some say you can't compare cricket to other sports for computer gaming. Why not?

Some say that because this is Transmission's first attempt at producing a cricket game, we should cut them some slack. I say that this is the year 2009, and the technology should be up to scratch. There was a review I read recently - one that I found particularly generous - which claimed that Transmission had addressed the problems made in the past. I disagree. Issues like poor AI pacing and incorrect statistics have been around time and time again over the last decade, but again they are not remedied. Like I said, all you have to do is play the game once to expose these incredibly frustrating mainstays.

The companies that make baseball games might have more funding, but I don't see why that has to account for them getting all the fundamentals right with their game, while cricket developers don't learn from the mistakes of the past. That excuse doesn't wash with me. 10 years of flaws, yet here they are again.

This post of mine is harsh, I'm aware of that. But every time a game is released, I am there at the store on the release date with $70-100 in hand and anticipation rushing through my veins. And each time I've had to put the game back on the shelf and wait for the PC modders - bless their efforts - to make their own mini-patches to fix another faulty product.

I'l keep my money in my account this time.

Dissapointed!

Was editing my players with correct names.I know someone will release a patch soon but i just wanted to edit myself,i was just going to edit World stars teams like Asia 11 and others.I am disspointed that we cannot add any players from the Aussies or England team to the Rest of the world team really strange this but oh well.

Ridiculous is right. I'll extend this by saying that it's another flawed cricket game and I won't be buying it. I'll be coming across as a whiner but I'm just about done sending hundreds of dollars into the pockets of developers who don't deserve it.

People have been talking about a patch for weeks already. Why should we be waiting for a patch? And what's the chance of it fixing so many bugs and errors? It might address one or two issues but there seem to be at least 6 or 7 significant problems.

Why should the public be forced to make mods to try and 'fix' the game? These are things the developers should have done with the original game. How on Earth can you miss so many glaring problems like AI runouts and bowling speeds? All you have to do is play the game once. Either their cricket knowledge is severely lacking or they're just plain lazy.

Baseball games like MLB09 are superb are essentially flawless. Some say you can't compare cricket to other sports for computer gaming. Why not?

Some say that because this is Transmission's first attempt at producing a cricket game, we should cut them some slack. I say that this is the year 2009, and the technology should be up to scratch. There was a review I read recently - one that I found particularly generous - which claimed that Transmission had addressed the problems made in the past. I disagree. Issues like poor AI pacing and incorrect statistics have been around time and time again over the last decade, but again they are not remedied. Like I said, all you have to do is play the game once to expose these incredibly frustrating mainstays.

The companies that make baseball games might have more funding, but I don't see why that has to account for them getting all the fundamentals right with their game, while cricket developers don't learn from the mistakes of the past. That excuse doesn't wash with me. 10 years of flaws, yet here they are again.

This post of mine is harsh, I'm aware of that. But every time a game is released, I am there at the store on the release date with $70-100 in hand and anticipation rushing through my veins. And each time I've had to put the game back on the shelf and wait for the PC modders - bless their efforts - to make their own mini-patches to fix another faulty product.

I'l keep my money in my account this time.

Yawn :facepalm

Users who are viewing this thread