Review Retail Version Impressions Thread

just got the game, so far so good. is anyone else finding menu hang times to be very long?.
i got the game on pc.

A story of the Ashes on Ashes Cricket 2009?

Would people read a story about like the Ashes on here?:D

One thing i wanted check. there is no win or loss stats online, is this correct? all i could see was batting average, bowling average etc, so winning or loosing doesnt effect anyone anyway if there are no stats for wining and lossing. please correct me if i am wrong .

Hey guys I am far too lazy to work it out of myself. Can some one tell me whats the timing window for batting in Hard mode? At what point after release of ball should i press the hit button for a front foot shot? I have got back foot worked out pretty well though.

I just played a bit then. Those spinners really are hard to face but I love it. I wish facing pace bowling was as hard.

The best moment was when Michael Hussey was 34 off 23 near the end of a 10 over game vs NZ (He was the only Batsman who did anything) and I went to play a cover drive (not lofted) and I had "good timing" yet it was caught down low in cover as a regulation catch. Fantastic.....even though I got out.

Also, the faces are pretty darn good in many cases.

Hey guys I am far too lazy to work it out of myself. Can some one tell me whats the timing window for batting in Hard mode? At what point after release of ball should i press the hit button for a front foot shot? I have got back foot worked out pretty well though.

press the botton when the bowling arm is at 270 dig. ul get good timing all the time

well i played the game in ashes mode yesterday on hard
i was england nd the game statrted quite realistically with strauss getting edge of the first ball but was dropped
my batman found it very hard to play against ausiie quickies
and i was all out for 145
i liked that much since it was my first match but as soon as i went to bowl my heart broke
AI hitting first ball of the test for six wtf
is this ashes i bowled a few overs to get nothing but sixes fours and crappy run outs and i quit the game
that sums a lot
i do not understand how can a developer make a game and not see these flaws in testing cant they just see bizarre AI pacing
it annoys me as how could they have released the game like this
or may be they were in hurry coz they were already late with actual ashes moving on

:). Can you make it less complicated. You mean I should press the button just before the ball is released? right.

not sure why you guys are so much keen of getting each shot on Perfect.. I mean just time it normally and enjoy the game.. play it naturally and have fun with those edges etc..

not sure why you guys are so much keen of getting each shot on Perfect.. I mean just time it normally and enjoy the game.. play it naturally and have fun with those edges etc..

Edges in this game are not fun IMO. They feel very unnatural and unrealistic IMO.

I try to press "X" when the ball is just about to bounce or about to reach you (if its a full toss). And that works fine for me.

Anyone know how much it would cost to ship to Australia from Shop to?

Edit: 8 bucks. That's cheap! That'll make the wii version cheaper than if I bought it from JB or EB.

My ps3 copy also arrived yesterday!
I think it is a great game so far. First I completed the legend tutorial and finished all but one scenario (surviving the spinners through 6 overs and score at a run rate 8 or above).
Then I played a t20 match between Sri Lanka (me) and West Indies, I was bowling first and I really annoyed the batsmen with some tight bowling, I couldn't finish the game because it crashed when I had an opportunity to get a c&b wicket with Fernando :facepalm.
Another thing that annoyed me was that u are not able to play a series other than ashes.
Despite that I think the game is awesome!

I didn't get to play that much, but I'll post some more impressions after I have played a little bit more :)

My ps3 copy also arrived yesterday!
I think it is a great game so far. First I completed the legend tutorial and finished all but one scenario (surviving the spinners through 6 overs and score at a run rate 8 or above).
Then I played a t20 match between Sri Lanka (me) and West Indies, I was bowling first and I really annoyed the batsmen with some tight bowling, I couldn't finish the game because it crashed when I had an opportunity to get a c&b wicket with Fernando :facepalm.
Another thing that annoyed me was that u are not able to play a series other than ashes.
Despite that I think the game is awesome!

I didn't get to play that much, but I'll post some more impressions after I have played a little bit more :)

You can play test series other than Ashes :)

Users who are viewing this thread