Review Retail Version Impressions Thread

1. This hasn't really happened for me yet, I gues I'm the lucky one

2. This has been an interesting thing for me. Currently the AI for me is going at around 3.5 RPO and this is 60 overs in

3. Completely agree, need to make it custom

4. Well you could still do it but using single player

5. Yes you can

1. This hasn't really happened for me yet, I gues I'm the lucky one

2. This has been an interesting thing for me. Currently the AI for me is going at around 3.5 RPO and this is 60 overs in

3. Completely agree, need to make it custom

4. Well you could still do it but using single player

5. Yes you can

Did you alter your fielder's skills? Increasing them is supposed to reduce the runouts. Also, my experience has been of the AI going at 3 - 6 rpo, until I bowl spinners. So, I have started picking four seamers - hopefully someone either Transmission, or P.C. will/can do something about them.

For me, 20/Twentys are marvellous fun, but they're hamstrung by the fact you cannot have a proper full length tournament and there's no sign of unlockables in that area either. Same goes for ODIs. Also, the AI was being very cautious in the Twenty20 I played, but that might be because I got myself all out for 83 (they got there with five overs to spare :o ). Maybe if I make a bigger target, they'll go for it more.

Transmission, you need to include a way to lengthen the tournaments, otherwise the only longevity the game has is the test matches and that appears to be where the main problems are - unfortunately for a series that's named after a (The) Test Match Series.

thats part of the 2 player game, in real life the batsman does not know where the ball will pitch.

I alter the line a lot and rarely the length. Its a legitimate tactic in cricket video games.

As for your lag, 1 second! wow maybe you should only play folks in your area, i rarely have any lag, and when i do its negligible.

I've noticed that the PC does it as well - it makes you have to change your shot at the last minute, which is realistic (maybe your man didn't quite read that one, hence the last minute adjustment)!

For the AI batting runrate, all I do is bowl in the yellow areas and set a dominantly off-side field.

For the AI batting runrate, all I do is bowl in the yellow areas and set a dominantly off-side field.

See, I find that if I stick to the 'yellow areas', I get smacked around eventually (I reckon they're completely wrong anyway and not just as far as length is concerned). I find that the AI doesn't like balls bowled on a (real) good length, where you either alter the amount of swing, or change the delivery at the last minute.

The more I think about this, the more annoyed I get that they released the game so late (and still with a stack of bugs). It's like buying a World Cup game just in time for the Final! Thanks to the complete lack of any sort of longevity with the ODIs and Twenty/20 modes, I reckon everyone will get bored of the game after the last Test and then perk up again for the winter series (who are we playing this year?) It woud be great if someone could find a way to make the tournaments full length. I mean, seriously! If the only real longevity of the game is going to be Test matches, then they should've had it ready for the First Test. Ready meaning having received proper testing for some of the ridiculous issues.

On a side note - on SSN just now, there was footage of a seagull flying down during a game somewhere and making off with the bails!! :laugh :laugh :rtfl

Just to ask and not be a pest, Is a PC PATCH been confirmed by transmissions for the bugs?

Right, thanks for the reply, but I thought someone confirmed it by making a thread about it then it disappeared.

Right, thanks for the reply, but I thought someone confirmed it by making a thread about it then it disappeared.

That was probably my thread. It's still there, it's just been renamed to 'what would you like patched?' The reason for making it was that a P.C. admin had confirmed there would be a patch and they're generally a good source of information about these things. We wait and see for an official announcement from Codemasters/Transmission though. I expect them to come through for us.

I like your side notes, you should post more.

Glad you liked it. It was flipping hilarious - the bird just picked up the bails, dropped them, picked them up again and then went and sat on a roof as if to say: 'Mine! I'm not giving them back! Go get your own!'

Edit: I'm amazed it doesn't seem to be on youtube yet!

Users who are viewing this thread