Review Retail Version Impressions Thread

I am on Vista home premium....

The loading time that I am referring to is the first couple of screens; its fine as soon as the game menu comes.

However, the summary scorecard after an innings is always in jerks; let it be offline or online.

And my system is set for auto defrag, yet did it again but no help....

Anyways, what I feel is it is something related to stats.... i.e. while loading it fetches all the stats maintained and at the innings break it saves them while showing the summary.... wht say?

Guys just get Xbox 360 and you will never have these problem ever again. play the games on your LCD or Plasma. you will always have a good online experiance. Please i am not trying to say xbox is better than PC but you need both my friends. Pc to do other stuff and xbox to play games like ashes cricket 2009.

Buying an Xbox 360 would be a downgrade to me, sorry.

Buying an Xbox 360 would be a downgrade to me, sorry.

Downgrade, how could it be a down grade. you play ashes on PC and have sometimes difficulty with loading times etc. With xbox you will never have any problem. you will never need to worry about changing specs of xbox as all games are made for xbox specs. i am not saying you dont need PC, all I am saying is you need both. I have got a PC but why would i Play ashes on Pc when i can enjoy it more on xbox. Can you please explain what you mean by downgrade. when ashes is the same game on PC and xbox so how is it a downgrade. Please do explain.

Downgrade, how could it be a down grade. you play ashes on PC and have sometimes difficulty with loading times etc. With xbox you will never have any problem. you will never need to worry about changing specs of xbox as all games are made for xbox specs. i am not saying you dont need PC, all I am saying is you need both. I have got a PC but why would i Play ashes on Pc when i can enjoy it more on xbox. Can you please explain what you mean by downgrade. when ashes is the same game on PC and xbox so how is it a downgrade. Please do explain.

i agree with alioz i would love to know how xbox 360 is a downgrade lmao if you really think this you have serious issues

i agree with alioz i would love to know how xbox 360 is a downgrade lmao if you really think this you have serious issues

It's a downgrade because the Xbox 360 is a weaker machine than my PC. Plus, 90% of the games I've played on both machines have been by far better on PC. As well as that, there are many games out on PC that'll never see the light of day on the Xbox 360. Also, I'd much rather blow the ?150+ on upgrades to my PC, which will put it even further ahead of the Xbox 360.

Finally, the one who doesn't know about the existence of punctuation is saying I have serious issues!

:laugh :laugh :laugh

Last edited:
Ok. you say Xbox 360 is a weaker machine than PC. thats true and i agree. but you say you have palyed 90% of the games on pc and xbox and they are better on PC. How is that possible when its the same game. so you are saying that ashes 2009 is better on PC. I dont know how that is possible. All i am saying is that you need both my friend. you can spend endless money on pc but xbox is one time investment. Ofcourse you need your PC but playing on xbox is just hastle free. no upgrades needed no need spen anymore money. I know its hard to admit something with male ego and all, but you have failed to give me a solid reason to make me think other wise. i just cant get this that you said that you played same games on PC and xobx and game is better on pC. How? They are the same game! and i am sure you would not have any problem xbox because of any specs issue. Please explain how the same game was better on PC.

Ok. you say Xbox 360 is a weaker machine than PC. thats true and i agree. but you say you have palyed 90% of the games on pc and xbox and they are better on PC. How is that possible when its the same game. so you are saying that ashes 2009 is better on PC. I dont know how that is possible. All i am saying is that you need both my friend. you can spend endless money on pc but xbox is one time investment. Ofcourse you need your PC but playing on xbox is just hastle free. no upgrades needed no need spen anymore money. I know its hard to admit something with male ego and all, but you have failed to give me a solid reason to make me think other wise. i just cant get this that you said that you played same games on PC and xobx and game is better on pC. How? They are the same game! and i am sure you would not have any problem xbox because of any specs issue. Please explain how the same game was better on PC.

Not necessarily Ashes 2009. Look, it's nothing personal towards consoles, I just prefer playing on PC, OK? It's a combination of things: higher res, larger draw distances, mods, that sort of thing; so you can see that eventually, the same game will be better on PC. See, if I can buy a game on PC or console, I'll choose PC every time, so buying an Xbox 360 would be a waste of money. I only said 'downgrade' because it's a weaker machine.

Not necessarily Ashes 2009. Look, it's nothing personal towards consoles, I just prefer playing on PC, OK? It's a combination of things: higher res, larger draw distances, mods, that sort of thing; so you can see that eventually, the same game will be better on PC. See, if I can buy a game on PC or console, I'll choose PC every time, so buying an Xbox 360 would be a waste of money. I only said 'downgrade' because it's a weaker machine.

Eventually....Hmmmm:facepalm.........

Well, it varies. Sometimes, mods/patches pop up within a week of release. Here's a good example: PES. Within weeks of release, people have made new balls/kits/editors/stadiums/boots (you get the idea?) Then, sometimes you have to wait a bit. Ashes 2009, for example. Once the guys figure out how to play with the AI, it'll become a better game than on the consoles.

It's a downgrade because the Xbox 360 is a weaker machine than my PC. Plus, 90% of the games I've played on both machines have been by far better on PC. As well as that, there are many games out on PC that'll never see the light of day on the Xbox 360. Also, I'd much rather blow the ?150+ on upgrades to my PC, which will put it even further ahead of the Xbox 360.

Finally, the one who doesn't know about the existence of punctuation is saying I have serious issues!

:laugh :laugh :laugh

and this coming from you someone who clearly doesent know the existence of the xbox 360 lol :laugh:laugh

No need for a PC/console debate here, its been done to death. End of arguement is usually, "Its up to the individual," and it is, I prefer console, as its easier for me.

and this coming from you someone who clearly doesent know the existence of the xbox 360 lol :laugh:laugh

Now you really are beginning to look like a twit. Which of my posts indicates that I don't know about the existence of the Xbox 360? I know all about it. I know about its fondness for falling over constantly, with the Red Ring of Death, for instance. I know that you're charged for Xbox live, whereas online gaming on PC is as free as the air we breathe (ISP charges not withstanding) and I know that in CoD 5 (for example), you're charged for map packs, whereas on the PC, they're completely free. Finally, I know that you cannot mod/patch games to anywhere near the extent you can on PC, not to mention games being at least ?10, if not ?20 more on the Xbox 360 - for an inferior version, with lower resolutions, lower draw distances and so on.

And before you go on about the PC's Blue Screen Of Death, I haven't had one for at least a year.

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 37 Seconds later...

No need for a PC/console debate here, its been done to death. End of arguement is usually, "Its up to the individual," and it is, I prefer console, as its easier for me.

I was merely putting forwards my opinion that buying an Xbox 360 would be a downgrade to me (as a machine, not just as far as one game is concerned), and now he's coming out with crap that I don't even know that there's such a thing as an Xbox 360. I don't know where he got that rubbish from.

Anyway, I'm not going to say anymore about it, but I had to respond to such rank stupidity.

Last edited:
Well I'm joining the vast majority of people who dislike the game, The games are too short, 20/20 - One day Matches are just quarter-finals onwards. Where is the group games etc. I'm just not too bothered with this game atm, hopefully the patches might help with bugs but the gameplay unfortunately will stay the same.

Now you really are beginning to look like a twit. Which of my posts indicates that I don't know about the existence of the Xbox 360? I know all about it. I know about its fondness for falling over constantly, with the Red Ring of Death, for instance. I know that you're charged for Xbox live, whereas online gaming on PC is as free as the air we breathe (ISP charges not withstanding) and I know that in CoD 5 (for example), you're charged for map packs, whereas on the PC, they're completely free. Finally, I know that you cannot mod/patch games to anywhere near the extent you can on PC, not to mention games being at least ?10, if not ?20 more on the Xbox 360 - for an inferior version, with lower resolutions, lower draw distances and so on.

And before you go on about the PC's Blue Screen Of Death, I haven't had one for at least a year.

I was merely putting forwards my opinion that buying an Xbox 360 would be a downgrade to me (as a machine, not just as far as one game is concerned), and now he's coming out with crap that I don't even know that there's such a thing as an Xbox 360. I don't know where he got that rubbish from.

Anyway, I'm not going to say anymore about it, but I had to respond to such rank stupidity.

I havent had the ring of death once and i have had my xbox 360 for 3 years nice going twit.

jamershepp added 3 Minutes and 56 Seconds later...

And in which of my threads does it show that i dont know the existence of punctuation, before you go off on a rant saying blah blah cuz you dont use it remember that the word existence was used and people on this thread have accepted that some people dont use it and read or skip but you seem to have an obsession i dont ask you to read my threads so drop it you child.

Users who are viewing this thread