• Very Good

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Exellent

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Outstanding

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
Katich And Thornely Rescue NSW
Again after three early loses NSW return to the match. Katich and Thornely produces some majestic knocks. They got a partnership of 150 runs and rescue their team from a bad start. Magoffin got 4 wickets for 36 runs.

A big blow for Zain Awan and his team as he injures his index finger of right hand while fielding which saw him only bowl 4 overs in second innings. Scans have shown no broken finger but because of remaining outside the field for almost 2 sessions he could not bat at his usual position unless this time is cover up. 4-1-9-0

NSW Scorecard:

Western Australia Bowling:

Martyn Saves the Match
There was not much time for getting to the target of 358 with only three sessions remaining. All the upper order was playing for a draw and Martyn gets a good score of 62. M.Clark got 4 wickets for 38 runs in 24 overs and 11 maidens.
Zain Awan badly needed a good score was fooled by bad luck. Because of his injury he came when 3 wickets were down and score was 147/3 and only 45 minutes were remaining in the day and was clean bowled by M.Clark for 3 runs. So chances of his inclusion in the team for next match is looking dim

Zain Awan came to bat:

Going back dejected:

Western Australia Scorecard:

NSW Bowling:

Summary:

Man of the Match: D.Thornely (97,90)

So another match for gone and still no victory for Western Australia a very bad season start.
Zain Awan also loses his position in the 4 day matches as his performance was very bad. Now he will try to play some good cricket in next week ING cup against Queensland in Brisbane the first match he will play outside perth. He will be hoping to do some good stuff in that match to get inclusion again in test squad.

Well no responce is this a dull story well if u like it than tell and if u dont like it than please also tell and any suggestions will be welocme.

No no, its good. Maybe you should bowl, or have your character not bowl at all.

Maybe try including something like a incident, or news reports, etc. Use a bit of humour. See Briggsey's and Rabittoh Rob's stories too.

It's a nice story. Keep it up! There are just many stories to read and respond to at the moment. It's not possible to respond to every single one...so don't give up! I don't respond to all the stories I read and I'm sure the same goes for everyon else.

Thanks Zorexdoom for suggestions. I am thinking of not bowling at all but western Australia have not got sic bowler in there lineup so i bowl as sixth bowler. And u r right i will include some thing new in it. Tahnks for support.

Tewenty20 Comes to Australia
5 December, 2005
Twenty20 Big Bash set to make a big splash
Cricket Australia today announced that its inaugural domestic Twenty20 competition, which begins on 6 January 2006, will be known as the Twenty20 Big Bash.

Aimed at attracting new audiences to cricket, the Twenty20 Big Bash is one of the most revolutionary steps domestic cricket has taken in Australia since the introduction of the original Australasian limited-overs competition in 1969-70.

Cricket Australia Chief Executive, James Sutherland, said that the name of the competition reflects the experience he expects spectators to have at the matches this summer.

?New rules, fast paced, action packed ? the Twenty20 Big Bash will be a fun and easy way to connect with the sport for both the uninitiated as well as ardent cricket fans.?

With Twenty20 matches lasting only three hours and being played at convenient late afternoon and early evening times, it makes watching cricket more accessible than ever before.

?The timing of the Twenty20 matches is ideal for families and the after work crowd alike,? added Mr Sutherland.

?With affordable pricing, convenient match times and non-stop action on the cards, we think the Twenty20 Big Bash will be a real hit with spectators and showcase some of this country?s most entertaining cricketers,? said Mr Sutherland.

Twenty20 cricket has been a huge success in the UK where it was conceived by the England and Wales Cricket Board in an attempt to bring people back to County Cricket.

Only a handful of exhibition Twenty 20 matches have ever been played in Australia, including a match staged between Victoria and Western Australia in January 2005 which saw a ?full house? sign go up at the WACA for the first time in 24 years.

The Twenty20 Big Bash commences on 6 January with the final to be staged on 21 January 2006.

Last edited:
Channel Nine Won:
After a row between Cricket Australia and Sky Sports over the sponsorship money there contract has cancelled. From now on all the State Season will be telecasted by the Kerry Pecker?s Channel Nine which is home of Australia Cricket. It can be termed as revenge because this summer Sky Sports have earned the rights of showing all the Cricket in UK for next five years this was definitely was a set back for Channel Nine and they have got revenge by getting the rights to show the Cricket in Australia over the Summer best of Luck to the Channel Nine.

ING Cup Match At Brisbane
Queensland Vs Western Australia

There is one change from last match As B.Edmondson have a bruised Elbow so he will not play this match. And after 50 in last one day match Zain Awan have got another chance to play the game he is looking forward to the game so he can get back into the test match squad.
Pitch Conditions and Lineups:

Langer after winning the toss elected to bowl first because there is some heavy rain before the match and also because sky is dark grey that will definitely help the fast bowlers.
Hayden plays a good knock before he was bowled by part time bowler Zain Awan after scoring 80 of 97. After Hayden was gone wickets started to fall at regular intervals and scoring rate decreases and in the end they score a good total of 247/8 despite the heavy conditions.
Queensland batting and Western Australia Bowling:

Queensland have posted a good total and because of heavy weather batting on this pitch will be difficult and Western Australia will be under a lot of pressure as they are still searching for a win in this season so far. Zain Awan will also be under pressure to perform now as his position in the team is being questioned a lot by his critics.

Jim Maxwell: Well viewers richie have got J.Maher with at the ground so lets go to him.
Richie Benaud: Thank u Jim. Welcome everyone. I have got Queensland Captain J. Maher with me so lets talk to him. Well u performed really good in these heavey conditions.
J.Maher: Yeah u r right conditions wer heavy and ball was seaming around quiet a lot and our batsman perform well.
RB:And are u confident of restricting them to this total?
JM: Well our bowling department is pretty good and we are up to the task.
RB: What do u think about Hayden's batting.
JM: He is a class act and he wants to get back in australian one day squad and he today have shown everyone of what he is capable of.
RB: And what do u think about Western Australia Rookie player Zain Awan he got a fifty in last match against u.
JM: He is a good player and he have performed well against us before but we have got a plane for him.
RB: And what do u think about Tewenty20 Cup being launched by CA this summer.
JM: Well i think it will do good to australian cricket as tewenty20 is gaining popularity all over the world so i am happy with it and hopeful that out team win it.
RB: Tahnk You back to Jim.

Users who are viewing this thread