Story Sam Spurway's Road to Glory - Two Runs To Win - Has Spurway Won Himself A Beer?

Is Spurway good enough to be playing First-Class?

• Definately

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not Yet

• Probably Not

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Craig Kieswetter > Sam Spurway :p

Great stuff mate. Like the animations you have made, the reaction time and wagon wheel stuff looks great. keep it up!

Craig Kieswetter > Sam Spurway :p

Great stuff mate. Like the animations you have made, the reaction time and wagon wheel stuff looks great. keep it up!

We'll see... Kieswetter is still playing for SA at the moment so Sam can still prove himself to you.

Threatening people with injury to get comments PATHETIC!!! im sorry im sorry!

Thanks to this story i actually know who spurway is :p

We had two days until match day. We are due to play Leicestershire on the 25th of April. They had a strong county side, with Ackerman, Nixon and Broad all playing together. We on the other hand, had a stronger team. After our training session at 7:30 on the 23rd, the coach said he had an announcement. We all gathered around to see what was happening.

Lads, there will be a little tournament held tomorrow. Everybody here is entered, except Michael (Munday) and Wesley (Durston) there will be two teams. I think there is 24 people here that can play, am I correct? Thank you. Is anybody not able to make it to the Taunton oval at 9 o? clock tomorrow?

A few people raised their hands, and that brought numbers down to 23.

The team will be drawn in 10 minutes; I?d like you all to place your names on the slip given to you at the desk on my left. The rules are written on the sheets, which are lying resting on the desk on my right. OK, thanks guys, the draw is starting in 9:59, 58, 57?..

Here are the rules:

Tournorules.gif

0:...5,4,3,2,1 OK These are the teams:

draw-teams.gif

Guys, update coming tomorrow, thx for co0mment shantanu

Wow this is really exiting. Nice innovative stuff mate :clap. I love the team animation as well.

Keep up the great works :clap

Langer was the Blue Team's skipper, while Cadds was in it for the Red Team. Everyone in our team arrived at 8:30 for a team talk given by Justin. He told us that the bowl-out was to start in half an hour and we should all get in the nets and practice. For the first couple of rounds I wicket kept. Willoughby hit the stumps both times, and so he stood behind the stumps until it was time, because I needed to bowl as well. I decided to bowl some Out of the 6 times I bowled, I hit it once, and that was from a dodgy bounce. Soon Langer had decided on an order, and we made our way towards the center, where three stumps had been set up at the river end, on one of the pitches on the square.

Game 1 of the Somerset CCC Tournament
The Bowl-Out

I think the first round was seen as the elimination of the people who don't bowl. This was the order and how it went:

The Red Team
Caddick - Hit
Blackwell - Hit
Woodman - Miss
Laraman - Hit
Suppiah - Hit
Parsons - Miss
Francis - Miss
Edwards - Miss
Lett - Hit
Wood - Hit
Gazzard - Miss

They had scored 6/11, and they are a batting side, whereas we are a bowling side, so this must be our time to shine

The Blue Team
Willoughby - Hit
Sheriyar - Hit
Trego - Miss
Turner - Hit
Andrew - Hit
White - Hit
Phillips - Hit
Trescothick- Miss
Langer - Hit
Hildreth - Miss
Spurway - Miss

7/11 was bad, but we would have preferred better. Mine was straight, I had high hopes. It was a full banger, and I actually thought at one point that it was going to hit, but it sailed over the stumps.
The next round was just another elimination round of the batsmen. There was a big shock for me though, when Willoughby dropped one short and missed!

The Red Team
Caddick - Hit
Blackwell - Hit
Laraman - Hit
Suppiah - Hit
Lett - Miss
Wood - Hit

The Blue Team
Willoughby - Miss
Sheriyar - Hit
Turner - Hit
Andrew - Hit
White - Hit
Phillips - Miss
Langer - Hit

That took it to 5 bowlers remaining each. Andy decided that it would take place like a normal bowl-out now, and it would be; the 5 bowlers bowl, and if it is level after 5, then it's sudden death.

The Final Stage
Bowl-out.gif

Well... we had lost. Sheriyar missed leg stump by milimetres, and we were out. Any way we could still come back in the twenty20. Suddenly, Andy Hurry stood on his chair, and called everyone around.

Boys, I want to say well done to everyone, and particularly congratulations to the Red Team. In case I didn't mention before, there is a prize. I will not tell any of you, until we have a winner. I expect a high standerd game. I wish to start play in 1 and a half hours. Captains, they are yours, Good luck.

Note that the 2020 will be played in C07

awesome awesome update cant wait for the 20/20 can tell the GFX will eb awesome and hope Spurways side do a bit better

Users who are viewing this thread