Since ic 2010 will not be released on pc.

Releasing a PC version will purely be a decision on whether the sales are there. I'd doubt it would get the 500 Rs. release in India again, if they release it officially there at all.

Considering the game was developed as portable code and the PC version is at best a tweaked recompile of the 360 version, the reasons for not releasing on PC are likely not ones of time constraints.

The future of a PC version is one of the questions I included in the Q&A, so hopefully we will have a more definitive answer soon.

Remember that there was no Wii version of Ashes Cricket 09 announced up until a few months before the release.

Is there any chance of trickstar games and codemasters releasing the final patch for ashes 2009?I say this because trickstar used to be transmission games didnt they?
They could release it and it would be a nice consolation prize for pc cricket gamers.

I think that releasing IC 10's extra content (if it has any) as DLC would be a good compromise for PC gamers. I hope someone from Codies is reading this...

I think that releasing IC 10's extra content (if it has any) as DLC would be a good compromise for PC gamers. I hope someone from Codies is reading this...

So what would you get? Kits and a roster update? I really, really can't see them bothering. Why do that and potentially cannibalise IC10 sales?

According to my sources Codemasters will announce the release date of IC 10 for PC ones the release date for consoles versions is announced.
This information is not confirmed but I believe that its true.

Name your source, otherwise you're just pissing in the wind.

Look Guys, just be thankfull that there is a cricket game coming. And like fifa, it will get better and better every year. Atleast now we know that there will be a cricket game almost every year as codemasters are into it and so is trickstar. There was time when we were talking if there will be anymore cricket games after ashes09. Well i am happy to just get a new game and atleast there is hope that there will be more cricket games and each will be better than the last one (even if its small steps).

It's not coming for PC though. As for Fifa, that's been in a comatose state on the PC for many years now - of course on consoles, it's getting better every year...

Name your source, otherwise you're just pissing in the wind.

It's not coming for PC though. As for Fifa, that's been in a comatose state on the PC for many years now - of course on consoles, it's getting better every year...

Fair point.

Agreed, the FIFA on PC absolutely sucks, and the excuses EA gives are are bs.

People always say piracy is an issue on the PC side and I agree but codies can implement DRM and other copy protection if they want. Also, if not for piracy, PC gaming is anyday better than console, with the latest and greatest graphic cards...

chavanak added 5 Minutes and 58 Seconds later...

Another thing is please stop pointing fingers at India regarding piracy. I know piracy is rampant there but that doesn't mean there are legit buyers in India. If companies don't want to release their games in India, it is fine. The company is losing out on legit buyers and pirates anyway get it from torrents. I really have no idea why western world has such terrible opinion about India :mad:

DRM won't stop piracy. The best they could do is to authenticate copies before allowing online play like most other online capable games do. That would stop pirates from using online multiplayer.

DRM won't stop piracy. The best they could do is to authenticate copies before allowing online play like most other online capable games do. That would stop pirates from using online multiplayer.

like they do for online cant they just use the key to activate online before playing offline like a pirate is not able to play online as the key is invalid so they can just connect to internet and valiadate the key before starting the game

Such a simple idea and still the most effective. It would have made AC09 a lot more money, I guess they never heard the concept of the CD KEY before :facepalm

Such a simple idea and still the most effective. It would have made AC09 a lot more money, I guess they never heard the concept of the CD KEY before :facepalm

To be honest, when I bought AC 09 a long time ago, I spend like 1 hour trying to search for the CD key: on the box, inside the box, in the manual and what not.

I was really surprised when the installation didn't prompt me for it. Such an advanced game which came out in 2009 didn't have a simple thing called a CD KEY which I believe even very old games had.

To be honest, when I bought AC 09 a long time ago, I spend like 1 hour trying to search for the CD key: on the box, inside the box, in the manual and what not.

I was really surprised when the installation didn't prompt me for it. Such an advanced game which came out in 2009 didn't have a simple thing called a CD KEY which I believe even very old games had.

Didn't it use StarForce or something similar? Anyway, CD Keys are pointless these days. The best method of avoiding piracy is to use hardware (dongles, etc.) but even those can be defeated - it just takes longer!

I agree that an online key would have been a good idea.

Yeah an online verification before online play is the only way to counter piracy at the moment. The more DRM'ish stuff you introduce, the more you turn off legit buyers.

Users who are viewing this thread