Problem: Some Things Need To Improve & Missed ...............

QRsQCbU.jpg

True story @Biggs

One other thing I left out of my long post - it's annoying that the human player always has to call the run in Career Mode - if you don't, the AI just sits there even if there's a good two runs on offer.

The only way pro cam running can work properly is if either the camera follows the ball properly or the ai calls for obvious singles in front of the bat. Otherwise there is literally no way to tell whether there's a run on, esp past mid on / mid off, because your player doesn't look for at least a few seconds.

Not using pro cam for running breaks the immersion for me so at the moment I just have to sit tight and wait for my player to look in the right direction.

Also the ai calling a run and the ai forcing you to set off are two different things. I want my ai partner to call when it's obvious, but I still want to be in control of initiating the run myself.

Ground shots can be played by pressing the left and right triggers simultaneously. Works well for me.

The things that irk me most are the panning shots of the stadium before a player walks out. A little too long and there's no option to skip that as well.

The only way pro cam running can work properly is if either the camera follows the ball properly or the ai calls for obvious singles in front of the bat. Otherwise there is literally no way to tell whether there's a run on, esp past mid on / mid off, because your player doesn't look for at least a few seconds.

Not using pro cam for running breaks the immersion for me so at the moment I just have to sit tight and wait for my player to look in the right direction.

Also the ai calling a run and the ai forcing you to set off are two different things. I want my ai partner to call when it's obvious, but I still want to be in control of initiating the run myself.

Agreed - that's a good post.

That is the only problem with pro cam running and it is quite a biggie.[DOUBLEPOST=1408720861][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ground shots can be played by pressing the left and right triggers simultaneously. Works well for me.

The things that irk me most are the panning shots of the stadium before a player walks out. A little too long and there's no option to skip that as well.

Yeah - either allow us to skip it, or make use of it and put the scoreboard or something up! Personally I'd be cool with those little cutscenes if it meant showing the scoreboard or other stats. As it is, I don't bother looking at the scoreboard because I CBA to look in the menus for it. If Big Ant is looking for a truly televisual style then such important stats like the scoreboard and bowling cards should come up automatically from time to time.

I would like to see some more variation in bounce - I find that when the pitch has any sort of hardness, the ball nearly always bounces over the top of the stumps and LBWs are never given.

Last edited:
Has anyone seen the Glitch where the Wicket keeper dives across to 2nd slip and tries to take a catch in front of 2nd slip and neither catch it? Absolutely fuming twice this happened lol.

The keeper ALLWAYS dives to second slip to take catches , and every now and again drops one (which in my opinion is perfect) . He should just refrain from diving so much to even reach second slip.

It has meant that the only slip fielders that you can realistically use is from 3rd Slip onwards. But they wont take nicks , only the Changeroom shot (late cut to third man) which is timed wrong.

Hopefully there will be some adjustment in Patch 3 , so that the edges deviate a bit more. I allways smiles when I see someone having a 1st and 2nd Slip against me ,as I know that 2 fielders totally wasted.

First off, I'd like to say that those calling this an 'arcade game' are talking out of their back end

I call it an arcade game because it's played with a controller, in contrast to say Cricket Coach and International Cricket Captain which are true simulators.

It's the same sense in calling FIFA/PES arcade games and Football Manager a simulator.

You will never get a true simulation of the sport with a controller. A true simulation is where what determines the performance are the attributes of the players. That's what happens in CC, ICC, FM etc. That can't fully be the case in Bradman (or FIFA or PES...) because ultimately, your performance comes down to your skill with the controller.

My point is that calling it an arcade game is not necessarily an insult.

I call it an arcade game because it's played with a controller, in contrast to say Cricket Coach and International Cricket Captain which are true simulators.

It's the same sense in calling FIFA/PES arcade games and Football Manager a simulator.

You will never get a true simulation of the sport with a controller. A true simulation is where what determines the performance are the attributes of the players. That's what happens in CC, ICC, FM etc. That can't fully be the case in Bradman (or FIFA or PES...) because ultimately, your performance comes down to your skill with the controller.

My point is that calling it an arcade game is not necessarily an insult.

Well... that's because it's a game where by and large the inputs are done via a controller. How else are they to be done? Using your logic, Flight Simulator X is also an arcade game, as is GP4 or Rise of Flight. Which they are most certainly not... :lol Arcade games, by their nature, are designed to be pick up and play, for short intense gaming sessions. Play this like an arcade game when you're batting, you won't even get off the mark.

As for calling FM a simulator.... I am 100% sure that a real manager's life doesn't consist of staring at loads of screens with tables and diagrams on them...

I just love the notion that using a controller defines a game as being an arcade game. Really? You sure?

Usually an arcade game is defined by being somewhat unrealistic both in concept and execution, coupled with instant gratification that motivates one to simply jump in and keep playing - thereby earning arcade cabs a sustained stream of coins. I don't think DBC14 can be accused of any of those.

Too many people wrongly assume that unless something is 100% total realism, then it must be arcade. One of the great logical fallacies that many gamers (usually inexperienced) seem to tout far too often.

I just love the notion that using a controller defines a game as being an arcade game. Really? You sure?

Usually an arcade game is defined by being somewhat unrealistic both in concept and execution, coupled with instant gratification that motivates one to simply jump in and keep playing - thereby earning arcade cabs a sustained stream of coins. I don't think DBC14 can be accused of any of those.

Too many people wrongly assume that unless something is 100% total realism, then it must be arcade. One of the great logical fallacies that many gamers (usually inexperienced) seem to tout far too often.

This is the closest thing you'd want to come to a cricket sim. You can even play as a fielder for God's sake (does anyone here play their entire career including fielding?) The only thing that's missing is having to wait for the bowler to walk back to his mark and other things that you simply wouldn't want in a game. That's what it is when all is said and done - a game for having fun. As I'm always saying, if you had a football sim for example that was 100% realistic, where the ball spent most of its time in midfield, it would be a) boring and b) you'd need 90 minutes a game unless you want endless 1-0 or 0-0 or similar results.

Here's an example of 100% realism in a game that simply didn't work. It was one of the Operation Flashpoint games - I can't remember which, where you had to patrol a base at night, for four hours. In real time. If you sped time up, then the enemy snuck in and blew the base before you knew what was happening. You couldn't just stand still - oh no. You had to move around and keep a constant lookout for the enemy. For four hours. It was so bloody boring! Not to mention that if the enemy did manage to get past you and blow the base, you'd have to go again for hours.

Same principle in a sports game. The only sport where a 100% sim might work is motor racing - otherwise you want what I call 'heightened realism'.[DOUBLEPOST=1408802659][/DOUBLEPOST]
The keeper ALLWAYS dives to second slip to take catches , and every now and again drops one (which in my opinion is perfect) . He should just refrain from diving so much to even reach second slip.

It has meant that the only slip fielders that you can realistically use is from 3rd Slip onwards. But they wont take nicks , only the Changeroom shot (late cut to third man) which is timed wrong.

Hopefully there will be some adjustment in Patch 3 , so that the edges deviate a bit more. I allways smiles when I see someone having a 1st and 2nd Slip against me ,as I know that 2 fielders totally wasted.

The main things I want looked at in Patch 3 are the ball's fondness for going aerial with all flat bat shots - and the non striker needs to learn to jump out of the way when a straight drive is crunched straight at him! Oh and the bowlers' superhuman machine like reactions meaning a perfectly timed straight drive never ever gets past them.

Users who are viewing this thread